GT: #5 Wisconsin at Nebraska - 8PM - ESPN

IbnDqqM.pngyTluqZt.pngQcmP3Tu.png
February 10, 2015
8pm CT - ESPN
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, NE

#5 Wisconsin Badgers 21-2, 9-1 (Last: 65-60 W vs Northwestern)
vs
Nebraska Cornhuskers 13-10, 5-6 (Last: 56-43 L vs Penn State)

Big Ten Standings

• Wisconsin 9-1, 21-2
  • Maryland 7-4, 19-5
  • Ohio State 7-4, 18-6
  • Indiana 7-4, 17-7
  • Purdue 7-4, 15-9
  • Iowa 6-4, 15-8
  • Michigan State 6-4, 15-8
  • Illinois 6-5, 16-8
  • Michigan 6-6, 13-11
  • Nebraska 5-6, 13-10
  • Minnesota 4-7, 15-9
  • Penn State 3-8, 15-9
  • Rutgers 2-10, 10-15
  • Northwestern 1-9, 10-13

Head Coaches
Wisconsin Bo Ryan (725-226, 342-123 at Wisconsin)
Nebraska Tim Miles (330-261, 47-41 at Nebraska)

Injury Report
Wisconsin
G - Traevon Jackson - Foot - Out indefinitely

Nebraska
No injuries to report

Scouting Wisconsin
Under Coach Bo Ryan, Wisconsin has been one of the Big Ten’s best programs over the past decade. Ryan, who is in his 14th season in Madison, has guided the Badgers to 13 NCAA Tournaments, including six appearances in the NCAA Sweet 16 and last year’s Final Four appearance.

The 2014-15 Badgers have four starters back, including preseason All-American Frank Kaminsky, and have been in the top 10 since the start of the season. Wisconsin’s only loss at full strength was an 80-70 loss to Duke on Dec. 3. In Big Ten play, the Badgers are 9-1 and in control of the league race, as their only Big Ten loss came at Rutgers on Jan. 11 when the Badgers were missing Frank Kaminsky and lost Traevon Jackson to a broken foot. Since then, the Badgers have won six straight, starting with a win over the Huskers on Jan. 15. Wisconsin has won five of the six games in that stretch by double figures.

Wisconsin comes into the contest averaging 74.0 points per game while ranking second in the Big Ten in field goal percentage (.486). The Badgers, who lead the conference in fewest turnovers per game (7.5 per game), also boast a Big Ten leading defense, allowing just 56.2 points per game.

Kaminsky is a frontrunner for Big Ten Player of the Year, he averages team highs in both scoring (17.5) and rebounding (8.1) while shooting 41 percent from 3-point range. Junior Sam Dekker averages 12.8 points and 5.1 rebounds per game while Nigel Hayes is at 12.5 points on 54 percent shooting and 6.4 rebounds per outing.

• Fire 1

The line is interesting...8.5

With that said most of my predictions are spot on (I wish) and I think the Huskers win this won with the Badgers sleeping on them and what will be HORRIBLE Big Ten refs calling 20 more fouls on Wisconsin.

Huskers 71

Badger 62

Lots of Huskers "fans" just back on the wagon and we see lots of "if we could only play like this all the time..." and "Man, we can still sneak into the dance" posts.

The line is interesting...8.5

With that said most of my predictions are spot on (I wish) and I think the Huskers win this won with the Badgers sleeping on them and what will be HORRIBLE Big Ten refs calling 20 more fouls on Wisconsin.

Huskers 71

Badger 62

Lots of Huskers "fans" just back on the wagon and we see lots of "if we could only play like this all the time..." and "Man, we can still sneak into the dance" posts.

Haha I love the last part of this post. But I still think we lose by at least 15. At least the atmosphere should be insane!

Any chance Walter doesn't start tonight? I'm thinking this might be where Tim makes his move and puts in Leslee or Moses for Walter.

I doubt it. Of the three Walt has the "best" chance of scoring. I don't think any of them will be able to gaurd kaminsky as he go on the block and shoot from the perimeter.