OT Nathan Smith [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Hello Huskerboard,

It’s been a long time since I have posted on this site. :)

Anyway, I am good friends with Nathan's dad. From what I know at this time, Nebraska has a very strong shot at Nathan, but he is getting attention from everyone now. They really need to sell the small town feel and facilities, he loved his visit at Clemson because of these things. Additionally, USC, Alabama and LSU are starting to push. I couldn't imagine having to make this kind of decision as a 17/18 year old kid, crazy. It’s been interesting hearing how recruiting works form this angle. On another note, If I was in charge of recruiting at NU I would have someone entrenched in the Inland Empire (Murrieta, Temecula, Corona etc...), this place keeps growing and the talent level is outstanding.

GO BIG RED!

• Fire 4

Hello Huskerboard,

It’s been a long time since I have posted on this site. :)

Anyway, I am good friends with Nathan's dad. From what I know at this time, Nebraska has a very strong shot at Nathan, but he is getting attention from everyone now. They really need to sell the small town feel and facilities, he loved his visit at Clemson because of these things. Additionally, USC, Alabama and LSU are starting to push. I couldn't imagine having to make this kind of decision as a 17/18 year old kid, crazy. It’s been interesting hearing how recruiting works form this angle. On another note, If I was in charge of recruiting at NU I would have someone entrenched in the Inland Empire (Murrieta, Temecula, Corona etc...), this place keeps growing and the talent level is outstanding.

GO BIG RED!

Welcome back, it's always great having members who are family/close friends with targets. Stanley Morgan's mom was on here during her son's recruitment, it was pretty cool. As for the small town feel/facilities being big I think we will win that battle with dang near anyone in the country. Everyone talks how it feels like the city of Lincoln is centered around the campus, and it is mostly close together location wise. Facilities are on par with anywhere else the country. Great to have a kid like Nathan interested, can't wait to get him on campus and hopefully lock him up!

Think Riley will be more of a factor in Southern California in general, because of his ties there. CAHusker, without knowing them personally I too think Nebraska has a really good shot. Riley will certainly sell those things to Nathan, because that's what Nebraska is, and coach Riley is a Bear Bryant disciple fwiw.

• 4 weeks later...