Spring Practice Updates

Mavric

Stanton and Tommy are on same practice squad. Bush/Fyfe/Darlington on other.

Interesting... Looks like our new staff seems to value Staton more than Fyfe.

or....Armstrong may get the most reps in his squad and Fyfe gets the most in his, giving the staff more looks at the top 2.

I think it is too early to look into anything just yet.

btw, is there a practice roster out? That would be interesting to see who is in which group.

I would think you'd put your top two together. Not saying it'll end up that way but you'd want them pushing each other. Plus you're splitting reps with two instead of three.

I agree with putting top 2 together but there is a 3rd with Stanton/TA; Tyson B. the walkon senior. I just left him out of my post because he isnt in the mix. That's my bad.

or....Armstrong may get the most reps in his squad and Fyfe gets the most in his, giving the staff more looks at the top 2.

btw, is there a practice roster out? That would be interesting to see who is in which group.

I would think you'd put your top two together. Not saying it'll end up that way but you'd want them pushing each other. Plus you're splitting reps with two instead of three.

I agree with putting top 2 together but there is a 3rd with Stanton/TA; Tyson B. the walkon senior. I just left him out of my post because he isnt in the mix. That's my bad.

OK but that probably makes sense as well. Broekemeier is probably #6 so he would likely get the fewest reps.

That's why it would be good to see a full list of who is practicing with who. It would give us a good idea of how the splits were made. I don't necessarily disagree that Stanton may be #2, but I just think it is a guess at this point.

Cross, Taylor and Wilbon were grouped together.

You know .... as long as we're drawing a bunch of conclusions from the first day of practice. :lol:

BTW, QB is the only spot where I think it means much how you group guys. That and maybe WRs with QBs but the depth chart at WR isn't in nearly as much flux.

And they all might change every couple practices or something like that.

That's why it would be good to see a full list of who is practicing with who. It would give us a good idea of how the splits were made. I don't necessarily disagree that Stanton may be #2, but I just think it is a guess at this point.

I'm pretty sure the media guys will be filling us in when they get a chance.

Here's what I've gathered from what media guys are saying:

QB: Tommy did some good things. Bush was most impressive backup. Not much on Stanton. Fyfe struggled and threw a couple picks.

RB: Not a lot on Cross. Wilbon and Taylor impressed. Newby "stood out".

WR: Saw a top 6 of: PiersonEl, Westy, Reilly, Moore, Hovey, Tolbert. Saw Irons was hot and cold. Said Allen, Burtch, Gladney struggled.

DE: Freedom looked the part, "might be the answer".

DT: Sipple thinks this is his last spring camp for Collins. Might need Davis twins for depth.

LB: Ran both practices due to numbers. Newby, Bando, Rose the top group. Young looks and plays like not a TrFr, looks ready to play this year. They said Young looked especially well walking out and playing pass coverage.

Saftey: Leroy and Kieron were grouped together, said they look natural and cover a lot of ground. Pick 6 for Leroy.

• Fire 2

Here's what I've gathered from what media guys are saying:

QB: Tommy did some good things. Bush was most impressive backup. Not much on Stanton. Fyfe struggled and threw a couple picks.

RB: Not a lot on Cross. Wilbon and Taylor impressed. Newby "stood out".

WR: Saw a top 6 of: PiersonEl, Westy, Reilly, Moore, Hovey, Tolbert. Saw Irons was hot and cold. Said Allen, Burtch, Gladney struggled.

DE: Freedom looked the part, "might be the answer".

DT: Sipple thinks this is his last spring camp for Collins. Might need Davis twins for depth.

LB: Ran both practices due to numbers. Newby, Bando, Rose the top group. Young looks and plays like not a TrFr, looks ready to play this year. They said Young looked especially well walking out and playing pass coverage.

Saftey: Leroy and Kieron were grouped together, said they look natural and cover a lot of ground. Pick 6 for Leroy.

Any info about Jamal at WR?

As has been speculated since his hire, it appears that Banker likes to keep his base defense on the field as much as possible. It was noted today that it was usually a LB covering the slot receiver. Newby drew that assignment with the first teamers.

I hate this. We can't even cover tight ends,and now we're going to cover receivers? Lol right.