QB Jaret Lee

Favorites: LSU, Nebraska and Arizona

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 40% I'm getting a better feeling as the days go on....

didn't LSU grab somone as QB recently?

and if it's between Nebraska and Arizona? man, i gotta think it's gonna be us. Arizona is an okay program, but no-where near the huskers in visablity.

so, if this works out... Taylor, to be succeeded by Beck, to be followed by Lee...

a solid plan of succession for QB over the next few seasons if it works out.

Favorites: LSU, Nebraska and Arizona

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 40% I'm getting a better feeling as the days go on....

didn't LSU grab somone as QB recently?

and if it's between Nebraska and Arizona? man, i gotta think it's gonna be us. Arizona is an okay program, but no-where near the huskers in visablity.

so, if this works out... Taylor, to be succeeded by Beck, to be followed by Lee...

a solid plan of succession for QB over the next few seasons if it works out.

well, yes and now with Arizona. Its no doubt we are a bigger name and appear to be better selection as far as getting recognized.... BUT, Arizona has really kicked their recuiting efforts in the ass since Stoops showed up there. Their last 2 classes have been very impressive and they havnt had a lot of trouble getting big recruits they want. Watch over the next few years as Arizona steps up to another level.

With that said, i think Lee is a smart kid and will pick the school that is best for him, rather than buy into the coaches hook line and sinker...

yeah i agree on that.... but i was just making the point that if he wants to play on a good team i think he would find one in arizona... they are going to be better than they have been in the past. Pro scouts dont look at how many people have watched a kid play, and smart kids will realize that. So they will pick the team that would best suit THEM....Now of course you dont want to go to a cupcake school, but Arizona can play a few good teams every year and prove themselves.

NOW, if Lee wants to play for a GREAT program he will choose nebraska and i have no doubt that he could succeed in this offense, and be a great QB for us. Not trying to be a Nay-sayer but i just want to keep as unbiased opinion as possible. And i realize that he may be ours to lose at this point, and i dont think we will lose him... but there is some good competition. So i wont be shocked if he goes elsewhere.

Yes, the article says he was "blown away" by the LSU experience. (Incredibly, he cited LSU's academics...)

He's down to LSU and Nebraska, with LSU in the lead. He does throw a pathetic bone to Big Red, saying LSU is ahead, but "don't count Nebraska out of it".

Expect a decision in a couple of weeks, possibly.

And expect it to be LSU.

:bang:bang:bang

Hope he enjoys sitting behind Perriloux for a couple of years. Who knows, he might actually sniff the field before he graduates...

I hate to say it, but I don't think we are quite to the point where we can reel in these top notch QB's for our WCO yet...IMO after we have a 10 win season, thats when all the 5 star top notch QB's will be looking our way. It would make me feel better about saying this is Beck turns out to be what was expected out of him.

lets hope the Lee family takes the time to weigh out all the options and realize that it would be best to come to NU. You know the coaches here can coach a QB.. Look at the 1 year evolution of Zac Taylor. Im not giving up hope that Lee will come to NU. i still think we are in this, despite what the propaganda that tigerbait.com is spittin out. :P