Who started the brawl is up for hot debate amongst BYU fans. Tejan Koroma did NOT start the fight, that is FOR CERTAIN. He was a VICTIM, and should NOT be suspended.

At :29 seconds in the video NUance posted, you can see Koroma going after a Memphis player, and that's where the brawl started. But just before that, this happened:

https://vine.co/v/OXtVgZ7IvOv

It looked to me, initially, that Koroma headbutted and shoved the Memphis guy. But after posting this on CougarBoard, they pointed out to me that there's a Memphis player "shoving" Koroma on the right side of that vine before Koroma contacts the Memphis player. Koroma immediately turns around to see who shoved him, that's pretty clear.

I've asked for better angles of that interaction, but nobody has provided any after 24 hours. They just maintain Koroma was a victim, not the perpetrator. Even if Koroma was "shoved," he wasn't shoved very hard, and he definitely shoved the Memphis player in front of him as he was shoved.

Does that shove of Koroma - poorly though we see it - exonerate him for going after the Memphis player as he does at :29 in that video above? Does the fact that four Memphis players beat on him exonerate him from punishment in this game?

I don't think so. But we'll see what Bronco thinks.

• Fire 2

Nobody should be suspended for the brawl. Memphis started it by having 5 guys jump our center. The only BYU players who should be suspended are those who did not come to the defense of their teammate. And all of last year's seniors.

I'm starting to think this is AggieAndee doing a fake BYU fan improv show.

Nope, that's legitimately what BYU fan thinks.

Nobody should be suspended for the brawl. Memphis started it by having 5 guys jump our center. The only BYU players who should be suspended are those who did not come to the defense of their teammate. And all of last year's seniors.

I'm starting to think this is AggieAndee doing a fake BYU fan improv show.

Nope, that's legitimately what BYU fan thinks.

Oh I don't doubt for a second that standard BYU fan A thinks their players were innocent.

Just seems like this Ivory frllow showed up when Aggie left, and now he is acting a bit of a fool.

If BYU is the world beater these Cougar fans talk it up to be, why would a handful of suspensions hurt their chances of winning?

None. That's why you schedule cupcake games like Ball State, Weber State, and Nebraska at the beginning of the season - so you can make these kinds of disciplinary moves without it actually costing you a win.

• Fire 1

If BYU is the world beater these Cougar fans talk it up to be, why would a handful of suspensions hurt their chances of winning?

None. That's why you schedule cupcake games like Ball State, Weber State, and Nebraska at the beginning of the season - so you can make these kinds of disciplinary moves without it actually costing you a win.

I thought this was a visiting Washington Huskies fan for a minute.

Remember those guys? Fun times.

So, when the conferences realign and BYU can't scrape an invitation to an actual power 5 conference and they are forced to join like CUSA, will you continue scheduling cupcakes like Nebradka?

We interrupt this Bible Study to bring a quote from Mike Riley about Husker suspensions:

Husker head coach Mike Riley did not name the five suspended players during Monday's press conference.

But he's apparently going to before the game, saying, "I will tell you later in the week."

Riley gave his reasoning for waiting.

"One of my goals here has been to let these guys just practice without getting a lot of questions, attention up to this point. We will talk about that later," the coach said.

Bronco Mendenhall is likely holding off on naming names for the same reason. If Bob Jones & John Smith are suspended for Game 1, and you announce that in March, how much is that going to affect their summer? How many times will they have to answer questions about it? It's a distraction a kid doesn't need. He'll be playing 12 other games this year, and even if he misses the first one, he's got to focus on Fall Camp while in Fall Camp.

It sucks because we're all starved for information about anything related to football, but it makes sense from a coaching standpoint.

Memphis announced the names of their suspended players today. It'd be interesting to see how many questions those guys have to answer about it from now until Saturday.

Also, Mendenhall announced that he won't make the list of players suspended for the brawl public until AFTER the Nebraska game. Interesting note there.

I have never had the opportunity to talk to a BYU fan from Utah. After experiencing it, I will say Utah has some pretty awe-inspiring rock formations and that is still the only thing I would recommend talking to them about. Anything else will cause confusion and a headache.

I'm sorry the sample of BYU fans (whether from Utah or not) hasn't been very awe inspiring on this board. Please don't judge us all by what a few hosers on a message board says. The greatest percentage of us are very respectful. I hope you'll meet some of them visiting Lincoln Saturday.

• Fire 1

Sounds like what Jesus would do.

techinically....yes yes it is.

Technically, what? Remember when Peter drew his sword to defend Jesus and Jesus told him to put it away? Remember when Jesus taught if someone strikes you to turn the other cheek and let him strike it also? Remember when Jesus discredited eye for an eye and said not to resist an evil person? Remember when Jesus said blessed be the peacemakers? What about the part of loving yourarrow-10x10.png enemies?

remember how he beat people to drive them from the temple? remember how he overturned the tables?

We fired Bo. Time to get over it.

• Fire 1

BYU has a current first game of the season winning streak going way back to 2013 with a loss to Virginia,

Your turn: what year and what team was the last time Nebraska has lost the first game of the season.

That said, BYU does present the best challenge since we played Oklahoma State (that's a clue, not an answer) I think the two teams are fairly well matched, but Nebraska will prevail.

Ha ha! +1 for the great laugh you gave me.

Say, how many points could you give a fella on a game bet? :lol: