To be clear, my preference would be for BYU to be at full strength with no game suspensions. I sure as heck don't expect the few guys that might be suspended to make a difference in the outcome of the game. The only player BYU has that would have any big impact on the outcome of the game is Taysum Hill and to my knowledge he will be playing (and hopefully healthy).

The problem with the brawl and the discussion about players being suspended has everything to do with what would appear to be the way discipline should be handled. It's just not a good look IMO to brag about how you do the right things but it doesn't feel like the right thing may happen. Maybe Bronco will get it right but it sure does seem like he's leaving his options open. IMO there are at least a couple players from that brawl that should have absolutely no expectation of playing in this game so I can't understand the hesitancy to commit to it now rather than after the game. BM will probably do the right thing in the end. But it doesn't have anything to do with wanting those players out so we have a better chance. If we can't beat your best, we deserve to lose.

Knapplc the horse is dead. You've beaten the ever living hell out of it.

BTW, the Michael Davis incident is nothing. If you had any context of what happened you'd understand that instead of getting moist over a lousy BYU beat writer finally finding out about this a month after the fact and tweeting it as something salacious.

But carry on. I think I saw the horse flinch.

How can it possibly be a dead horse if the ramifications of the incident are currently playing out? Because you find it uncomfortable doesn't mean it's a dead conversation. It's current and topical. If you don't want to talk about it, don't. But don't tell us we can't.
I did say carry on.

Anyway, it's just comical that you're so worked up over this. As much as I would love for Gerry, Collins, Armstrong, Valentine, etc. to be suspended, I really don't care and haven't put an ounce of the energy you have into it. I guess I just don't get it. I don't care how other teams choose to punish their players.

As you were.

knapp's reason for giving the minuscule amount of sh#ts he gives has nothing to do with his worry about those players facing Nebraska, which is what you're implying when you mention Gerry, Collins, Armstrong, and Valentine. They did nothing wrong. We're not the team who refuses to self-discipline and lets our players get away with pretty much whatever the they want. The reason this is interesting to talk about is because the BYU coaches and clearly lots of the fans have no self-awareness about this.

It's really not that interesting to talk about. BYU has already announced one suspension for the game in Sione Takitaki. We'll find out if there are others on Saturday. Frankly, I like the gamesmanship out of Bronco. I also like that by not discussing it publicly he's not allowing it to be a distraction.

You don't know anything about BYU if you think they let their players get away with anything they want and don't discipline them. Go read The System or search Sports Illustrated for Spencer Hadley. BYU has crushed the souls of many of their fans by suspending or dismissing high profile athletes for big games.

To be clear, my preference would be for BYU to be at full strength with no game suspensions.

Why? We won't be full strength with no suspensions. To hell with them. I hope half the team is suspended and just as beat up and bruised as we are. This is football. When is a team ever full strength anyway?

To be clear, my preference would be for BYU to be at full strength with no game suspensions.

Why? We won't be full strength with no suspensions. To hell with them. I hope half the team is suspended and just as beat up and bruised as we are. This is football. When is a team ever full strength anyway?

I don't want them to have any excuses when we kick their a$$ all over the field. Maybe I'm full of kool-aid but I'm really not too concerned about handling BYU in our home opener. The only player they have that concerns me is Taysum. I've just always been fond of beating the other guys best. If we can't do that, it takes a little luster off the accomplishment IMO.

I don't think so. I think Riley is a good coach. But I think TA will struggle with his offense even if it is tailored to his strengths. There will be growing pains with new schemes on both sides of the ball.

TA has struggled in an offense tailored to his strengths the last two years, and has beat a handful of teams better or as good as BYU will be. .

Wait? The offense was tailored around Tommy's strengths the last two years? What's all this talk about the handcuffs Bo put on Beck then? It appeared to me Tommy played a hell of a game at USC when Beck tailored the game around Tommy a bit more. Are we changing the story now?

Two years the offense has been tailored around Tommy? Wasn't Taylor Martinez the starting QB at the beginning of that first year? So you're telling me they tailored the offense around a plan that Tommy would be taking the starting job at some point that year?

Was the offense tailored around Martinez's strengths as well? If so, why did he struggle so much at times?

Please respond, I find your contradictions interesting and also representative of a few people on this board.

I don't want them to have any excuses when we kick their a$$ all over the field. Maybe I'm full of kool-aid but I'm really not too concerned about handling BYU in our home opener. The only player they have that concerns me is Taysum. I've just always been fond of beating the other guys best. If we can't do that, it takes a little luster off the accomplishment IMO.

It's cool. In August we're all drinking it. BTW, I don't think you have to worry about this Taysum feller. It's Taysom that should have your attention.

Wait? The offense was tailored around Tommy's strengths the last two years? What's all this talk about the handcuffs Bo put on Beck then? It appeared to me Tommy played a hell of a game at USC when Beck tailored the game around Tommy a bit more. Are we changing the story now?

Two years the offense has been tailored around Tommy? Wasn't Taylor Martinez the starting QB at the beginning of that first year? So you're telling me they tailored the offense around a plan that Tommy would be taking the starting job at some point that year?

Was the offense tailored around Martinez's strengths as well? If so, why did he struggle so much at times?

Please respond, I find your contradictions interesting and also representative of a few people on this board.

It's a loose statement that you think I'm saying with a lot of specificity when I'm not.

His freshman year, Tommy had a similar enough skillset to Taylor (they recruited Tommy because they thought he fit the offense we ran) for it to not wildly be a square peg in a round hole, and as he and Ron shared snaps the remainder of the season, on a week by week basis the offense was schemed with that in mind.

His sophomore year, my opinion is that our offense was quite good with Beck having a very focused and nearly always successful approach that put Tommy in good situations, yet at the same time the offense could have been better.

Taysom has the Blackshirts attention. He's gonna get a lot of attention Saturday I got a feeling. Collins and Gangwish gonna make sure he gets all the attention he needs.

Lol. Just foolin'. Should be fun to watch.

I'm definitely interested in how Nebraska defends BYU. Do you stack the box and spy to contain Taysom and make him pass? But then you're left one on ones with BYU's huge receivers. Or do you play straight up but then have to worry about Taysom breaking containment?

Taysom has the Blackshirts attention. He's gonna get a lot of attention Saturday I got a feeling. Collins and Gangwish gonna make sure he gets all the attention he needs.

Lol. Just foolin'. Should be fun to watch.

I'm definitely interested in how Nebraska defends BYU. Do you stack the box and spy to contain Taysom and make him pass? But then you're left one on ones with BYU's huge receivers. Or do you play straight up but then have to worry about Taysom breaking containment?

I'm hoping we pressure the hell out of him and make him throw. We got some good DB's. Those throws will have to be fairly accurate.

I've watched enough of Nebraska playing safe and giving QBs like his all day to make something happen.

We may lose some and allow a big play here or there, but I'm betting we create some turnovers and make a few big plays of our own on defense.

Say Nebraska does force Taysom to throw, the question is, can Taysom beat Nebraska with his arm? That's gonna be the game changer. At least I hope we force him to prove it.

No suspensions. Awesome! Beat their best, so there are no excuses afterward.

As a coach...I like it a lot more when teams I play are missing important players. I always have. Never cared about excuses afterwards if we won.

Where did you see this, LSLHusker?

Earlier in the thread. "Mendenhall won't announce suspensions until after the Nebraska game."

Think that meant that he will announce who got sat for the game after the game, at least that is how I took it.

I took it to mean that he's a chickensh#t and may not hand down punishment if it causes them any disadvantage in the game. Apparently rules and behavior take a back seat to competitive advantage at BYU. Wouldn't want the players actually being held accountable for their actions if it might have adverse consequences for the team. At least that's what I'm getting from his noncommittal horsesh#t. Sorry but a brawl like that..... the punishment should not be conditioned on anything.

Bronco's a lot of things, but chickensh#t isn't one of them. Players are being suspended; we already know some of them. He'll identify which players were suspended after the game.

your right chickensh#t is better then what he is

No suspensions. Awesome! Beat their best, so there are no excuses afterward.

As a coach...I like it a lot more when teams I play are missing important players. I always have. Never cared about excuses afterwards if we won.

Where did you see this, LSLHusker?

Earlier in the thread. "Mendenhall won't announce suspensions until after the Nebraska game."

Think that meant that he will announce who got sat for the game after the game, at least that is how I took it.

I took it to mean that he's a chickensh#t and may not hand down punishment if it causes them any disadvantage in the game. Apparently rules and behavior take a back seat to competitive advantage at BYU. Wouldn't want the players actually being held accountable for their actions if it might have adverse consequences for the team. At least that's what I'm getting from his noncommittal horsesh#t. Sorry but a brawl like that..... the punishment should not be conditioned on anything.

Bronco's a lot of things, but chickensh#t isn't one of them. Players are being suspended; we already know some of them. He'll identify which players were suspended after the game.

your right chickensh#t is better then what he is

Geez. Relax people.

Anyway. Are Nebraska fans in any position to label somebody else's coach lower than chicken sh#t? We just had the biggest douchebag of a Head Coach I've ever seen in my life, and we kept him for seven freaking years.

• Fire 1

I'm going to keep posting about suspending players because it really seems to have riled up Mr. Ferdette.

I found this on another board. Here is what the NCAA rulebook states about fights.

Rule 9-5-1-b
During the half-time intermission, squad members in uniform or coaches shall not participate in a fight. During the second half, players shall not participate in a fight

PENALTY—15 yards. For dead-ball fouls, 15 yards from the succeeding spot. Automatic first down for Team B fouls if not in conflict with other rules. Disqualification for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next game [s7, S27 or S38, and S47]. For fighting in the last game of a season, those with remaining eligibility shall serve suspensions during the first game of the next season for which they are eligible.

It does not mention anything about fighting after the game. I would assume that fighting after the game would mean a full game suspension for the next game. I guess BYU's (and Memphis's) way around this is to say there were no penalties for fighting, so they are not subject to it.

Just thought I'd leave this here:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't wait for the game to start. Saturday can't get here soon enough.

Some totally different team beat us badly. Not sure that helps BYU much. I could go find a video of BYU getting trounced, but why bother?

Hey Look! Here is you losing....http://www.christiantoday.com/article/mormons.could.be.expelled.from.brigham.young.university.for.losing.faith/51217.htm

Ouch.