Folks, opinions are fine, personal attacks and insults are not.

If that's directed at me, mouseover on the word "Nobody" in my reply.

Nah, you're good. I think you have a lifetime pardon from modhood or something.

200.gif

I heard it also gets you a coupon for unlimited cream of sum yung gai as well.

How does the Kellen Huston incident relate to anything about a fight in a football game? He decked a poor unsuspecting Mizzou fan. There was no fight, there wasn't multiple players involved. I just don't see it. I looked for a bench clearing brawl in all of Nebraska history, and couldn't find one. Maybe if you dig a little more you will find another non-relatable incident to make your arguments with. If your looking for something to relate to the Kellen Huston debacle here you go: BYU's starting CB is facing assault and rioting charges. Salt Lake Tribune.

Already facing multiple suspensions for the season opener, and this guy pulls this? The wheels are coming off the bus. I am just hoping BYU can field a team to bring to Lincoln.

How does the Kellen Huston incident relate to anything about a fight in a football game? He decked a poor unsuspecting Mizzou fan. There was no fight, there wasn't multiple players involved. I just don't see it. I looked for a bench clearing brawl in all of Nebraska history, and couldn't find one. Maybe if you dig a little more you will find another non-relatable incident to make your arguments with. If your looking for something to relate to the Kellen Huston debacle here you go: BYU's starting CB is facing assault and rioting charges. Salt Lake Tribune.

Already facing multiple suspensions for the season opener, and this guy pulls this? The wheels are coming off the bus. I am just hoping BYU can field a team to bring to Lincoln.

Yeah not too happy about this. assault and rioting sounds a little more extreme than it is. He got in a fight with a tow truck guy in provo for his tire being on the line rather than between the lines. really bad timing.

Anyone that is a Nebraska fan that is criticizing BYU for this needs to step off the b i t c h bus and man up.

I'm not going to apologize for caring about the integrity of the game. I think it's a crock that Memphis only suspended two players for a full game or more over this. It was an ugly brawl that in no way represents what college football should be about, and it's not too much to ask that the schools involved step up. Sportsmanship is still important in college athletics.

It's unfortunate that the team we're opening against is embroiled in this. I'd much prefer to play a fully-staffed opponent, their best players against our best players. We don't have that luxury, so we play the hand we're dealt.

Nobody is hoping that BYU suspends X-number of players so Nebraska can win.

The integrity of the game is subjective. Until the Nutless Cowardly A s s hole Association decides to implement punishment standards then BYU has every right to punish it's players as it sees fit.

Now if we are talking about players breaking laws and having criminal charges brought against them, then there is a discussion. But a fight in a football game, evidently, doesn't fall under this category.

Integrity of the game? Kellen Huston was suspended for one game for blindsiding a fat Mizzou boy. He wasn't even in a fight he just decked him as he ran by. You are being pretty hypocritical about that. Thats right 1 game for this. Get over it and go cheer for your Huskers

Regarding Kellen Huston - he got suspended, and rightfully so. I'd have suspended him the rest of the season, but nobody asked me.

Try to keep up Cougz

Yeah not too happy about this. assault and rioting sounds a little more extreme than it is. He got in a fight with a tow truck guy in provo for his tire being on the line rather than between the lines. really bad timing.

I would agree with this. Sounds like there was a heated exchange, and a minor scuffle. Not good, but not a "riot." That's a pretty poorly-named law/charge/allegation (whatever the legal heads call it).

I don't think the Davis thing will have any impact on this game. He isn't scheduled to go to court until 10/1/15, and if I'm him/his attorney, I'm going to ask for a delay until the season is over. There's no way BYU suspends this guy for any game before his court date - and they shouldn't.

I find all this talk about the brawl and suspensions hilarious. I am so grateful for all of you random internet tough guys to police BYU and make sure they are living up to the standards that BYU has set for itself. I am sure you all have seen much more footage of the brawl than the BYU coaches and administrators, as well as the NCAA and possibly the Big 12 group assigned to review things like this. They can't possibly know more about what really happened and who deserves what form of punishment than you guys. I'm sure BYU hasn't done anything in the last 9 months to discipline those involved and I'm sure they are looking to hide anything and everything they can from the NCAA. You're right, BYU has a history of cheating to win at any cost and will overlook anything to get that W. You might as well call them the Patriots. I mean, BYU is full of THUGS according to local Nebraska media:

CN6JS76UwAAxYtv.jpg

Keep worrying about who will/won't be suspended. I'm looking forward to a great opening game between two schools that have a rich history (Yes, BYU has a rich history although very few schools can match up with the tradition at Nebraska) but have been somewhat mediocre recently. This game could be huge for either school.

One more thought, all those that can't take a little smack talk (on both sides, I'm looking at you WindowCoug) need to grow a pair toughen up. This will be a good game and deserves some smack talk.

Just to put this to bed the Kellen Huston incident has nothing to do with the BYU brawl. The only point is He decked a guy and got a one game suspension. Kai Nacua decked a guy and got a one game suspension. some people think Nacua should get a bigger suspension, I see those punches thrown as similar, and they got similar punishments.

The reason I believe the fight turned into a brawl is because the game was over and all the players were already on the field at that point. If it was the middle of the game the coaches most likely could have kept the players off the field and the incident could have been broken up real quick. I truly believe this. I think with the Miami game last year if all the players were already on the field it could have escalated similarly, but there was still 2 minutes left and it was just the Miami offense and Neb defense and the refs and coaches were able to step in real quick fortunately. But hey maybe we are just a bunch of classless thugs. I would just hope you would want you players to step in to rescue you starting center as he is getting helmets swung at him and players stomping on him, regardless of whether he started it or not.

Just to put this to bed the Kellen Huston incident has nothing to do with the BYU brawl. The only point is He decked a guy and got a one game suspension. Kai Nacua decked a guy and got a one game suspension. some people think Nacua should get a bigger suspension, I see those punches thrown as similar, and they got similar punishments.

The reason I believe the fight turned into a brawl is because the game was over and all the players were already on the field at that point. If it was the middle of the game the coaches most likely could have kept the players off the field and the incident could have been broken up real quick. I truly believe this. I think with the Miami game last year if all the players were already on the field it could have escalated similarly, but there was still 2 minutes left and it was just the Miami offense and Neb defense and the refs and coaches were able to step in real quick fortunately. But hey maybe we are just a bunch of classless thugs. I would just hope you would want you players to step in to rescue you starting center as he is getting helmets swung at him and players stomping on him, regardless of whether he started it or not.

The only difference is, Nacau threw two punches, and both were at unsuspecting people. Is two punches against unsuspecting people arguably worse than one? Who knows. Not really, probably. I don't have a problem with Nacau going to the rescue of Koroma, if that's what he did. But he wasn't anywhere near Koroma, especially on that last punch to the back of that guy's head. That was one of the ugliest punches in college football since... heck, probably since Huston decked that Missouri fan.

Yes, BYU has a rich history although very few schools can match up with the tradition at Nebraska.

BYU has a lot of respect across college football. It's a big-time school with decades of history & tradition. That's pretty generally recognized, I think. BYU isn't coming into this game like some nobody who just joined D1A. They're a known commodity.