It should also be pointed out that Mike Welch doesn't speak for all local media, any more than those Yewts at the Salt Lake Tribune speak for all Utah media.

Haha I saw those tweets. Did he have a bad interaction with Bronco at some point? I know he is kind of a wierd guy, I don't think I have ever heard him be referred to as a jerk. He did get one point right as a religious institution that wants to stand for what is right the brawl isn't a good look for us. But we don't have 60 Jesus's running around in pads. We have 60 18-24 yr olds who make dumb choices at times. Just like any team. Its sad this happened and hopefully it doesn't happen again. Hey we are asked to refrain from sex till marriage we have a lot of built up frustration that we got to get out somehow

Man...if NU loses on Saturday this thread is going to look even worse!

In what way? I have the 2nd most posts in this thread and I don't have a single thing to retract. Whose post(s) were bad? What about them would a loss make "worse?"

Basically, both teams think they're going to win. One fan base is wrong. For all the team-supporting BYU Fan has done in this thread, why would a Husker victory make their support in this thread look bad?

Lost here, teach. Help me out.

Let's just stop trying to justify what happened in that brawl and let's stop trying to compare it to other situations that bear little to no relevance. I naturally see why BYU fan would bring up the Huston issue but they're still very different scenarios. The ONLY similarity is that someone got punched in the face. Nacua deserves only a one-game suspension in my book.

Furthermore, don't even go near the Nebraska-Miami game. That's a rivalry that dates back decades, including national title bouts, and has always held bad blood. BYU-Memphis was a minor bowl game and those teams have absolutely no history. And the biggest reason not to go near it is the Nebraska-Miami incident never turned into any thing more than a small dog pile at mid-field. No helmets came off and no punching fights started. You can't cherry-pick hypotheticals like 'well, if both teams had been on the field then it could've been different.' Both teams weren't on the field in our scuffle and nothing more serious happened. Not to mention, Miami's moniker of 'Thug-U' still holds true. That's the same program that got into another fight a few years ago and famously had one player come into a pile swinging his helmet at another.

The BYU-Memphis brawl is one of those worst fights in recent history on a football field - fact. BYU also chose to handle their punishments internally, increasing skepticism and confusion about what was going to happen, which is a big mistake in my opinion. Lastly, it's a religious university, so OBVIOUSLY you guys are going to become a target.

Let's just get back to talking football and let the brawl stay where it happened - in the past. It was a huge mistake all around.

If youll notice, neither Frank Solich or Kellen Huston are currently still with the program. Been a while in fact...

Ummm....excuse me but maybe you need to change your name. 2015 Redux. Its not 1995 anymore.

I think this whole Let It Bo campaign is about as asinine as anything I've ever heard and not talking about the Huston incident would fall into the same bonehead logic.

We like to talk about the great parts of our history, but we get a little pissy when people bring up the bad parts. Not that I think you're pissy, because I'm sure you're not.

I just think its silly when people think we won't discuss anything and everything about our past. Especially Bo Pelini, considering he's the most recently fired, controversial coach in our past. We seem to be okay talking about Bob, Tom, Frank, and Bill, but mention BoBo and people like Lux yesterday, and others, get a little huffy puffy.

What?

If youll notice, neither Frank Solich or Kellen Huston are currently still with the program. Been a while in fact...

Ummm....excuse me but maybe you need to change your name. 2015 Redux. Its not 1995 anymore.

I think this whole Let It Bo campaign is about as asinine as anything I've ever heard and not talking about the Huston incident would fall into the same bonehead logic.

We like to talk about the great parts of our history, but we get a little pissy when people bring up the bad parts. Not that I think you're pissy, because I'm sure you're not.

I just think its silly when people think we won't discuss anything and everything about our past. Especially Bo Pelini, considering he's the most recently fired, controversial coach in our past. We seem to be okay talking about Bob, Tom, Frank, and Bill, but mention BoBo and people like Lux yesterday, and others, get a little huffy puffy.

Im honestly confused by this response.

BYU fan here, First time posting on this board, honestly I'm embarrassed from a few of the Byu fans posting here, kind of makes us look self righteous and immature but hey, I guess every fan bas has a few of them. Anyway just thought I'd say good luck and I have been waiting 9 way too long months for this game. A few of my opinions, if Koroma doesn't play most likely we will lose. If Michael Davis doesnt play then you guys will have a record setting passing day. I feel like if BYU can hold the huskers to under 21 points we have a good shot to win, but from what I have seen BYU usually struggles in their opening games. Anyway im just really bored at work so I thought I would post something.

Also, I love Ameer Abdullah and he is no doubt going to be on my fantasy team.

• Fire 8