RB/WR A.J. Taylor [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

Mavric

At first I thought he was a good possibility for this class, but as time went on it was obvious either he wasn't interested or the staff wasn't in him. Won't lose any sleep over this one.

But dat 40 time doe
He's a good athlete but there's just something amiss. I'd take him but that's not happening. Still think Misery has house money.
  • 1 month later...

I know he can't get the athletic scholarship to Harvard or Yale but clearly they would be paying some of his tuition. I would have to think that for a bright kid like him that you sit down and really think about the doors that open up to you when you not only play football at a school like that but graduate from an Ivy League school.

I know he can't get the athletic scholarship to Harvard or Yale but clearly they would be paying some of his tuition. I would have to think that for a bright kid like him that you sit down and really think about the doors that open up to you when you not only play football at a school like that but graduate from an Ivy League school.

I'm pretty sure they have work-study programs for the players. I would assume it is like the DIII schools that dont have athletic scholarships, but they help the athletes out. 100% agree that any kid who gets into those schools, or a Stanford / Michigan / UVA, needs to think about how a degree from that caliber of a school would set them up for the rest of their life. It is hard as a 17-18 year old to see the long term outlook, especially when you've got big time athletic programs wanting you.

I'm pretty sure they have work-study programs for the players. I would assume it is like the DIII schools that dont have athletic scholarships, but they help the athletes out. 100% agree that any kid who gets into those schools, or a Stanford / Michigan / UVA, needs to think about how a degree from that caliber of a school would set them up for the rest of their life. It is hard as a 17-18 year old to see the long term outlook, especially when you've got big time athletic programs wanting you.

Yeah, just think of the connections you would make. Not that you wouldn't make them playing football for NU or Bama and the like, but the Ivy League schools...that is a different animal.

Yeah, just think of the connections you would make. Not that you wouldn't make them playing football for NU or Bama and the like, but the Ivy League schools...that is a different animal.

I agree, the Michigan's of the world don't belong in the conversation.

• 2 weeks later...