Wide Receivers - Lots of Options

Westerkamp and Pierson El are the only proven commodities.

Moore being in the "top 6" worries me, because Westerkamp and Pierson El seem more like slot guys.

If Moore is a #1 or #2 WR, we're boned.

Looking for Carter to have a big year at TE. He always seemed like a weapon, but Tim Beck had some pretty retarded beliefs about tight ends.

• Fire 1

Moore being in the "top 6" worries me, because Westerkamp and Pierson El seem more like slot guys.

Looking for Carter to have a big year at TE. He always seemed like a weapon, but Tim Beck had some pretty retarded beliefs about tight ends.

boned?

Boned?

good analysis......spot on.

I agree. I can't buy anything Moore, Allen, or Turner are selling unless it is during a game. Too many off-season reports of each showing out during practice only to go ghost during the season (whether that is due to injury or under-performance).

Right now, we have four proven guys (two coming off injuries) in DPE, Westerkamp, Reilly, and Burtch. We also have some unproven underclassmen or guys with limited experience in Hovey, Gladney, Irons, Tolbert, Alston, and Morgan. Of that group, I could see Hovey and the three Louisiana guys getting some work, in Irons, Tolbert, and Morgan (if he doesn't RS). Alston will probably RS.

My WAY-TOO-EARLY WR depth chart would be:

Split-end: Reilly, Hovey, Tolbert, Allen or Moore

Flanker: DPE, Burtch, Morgan or Moore, Gladney

Slot: Westerkamp, DPE or Irons, Turner

At each WR spot, our two-deep looks good with experience. We'll just have to wait and see what some of the new faces (Tolbert, Irons, and Morgan) can do, and if Moore, Turner, Allen, and Gladney can put it together for an entire season or will become the milk-carton-crew.

Here are Williams quotes about three of the WR:

Brandon Reilly: “He’s fast and quick. I like him a lot. Fast and quick. Faster and quicker than you’d think. I like him. I’m buying what he’s selling.”De’Mornay

Pierson-El: “He’s a skillset demon. He’s quick, he’s fast, he can catch. He’s strong. We plan on using him as much as we can in various ways.”

Alonzo Moore: “He’s an outgoing guy, he likes to have fun — he doesn’t goof around — but I want him to be intense. Focus on improving every day in every aspect. But he does have all the tools.”

Maybe that is why Williams is flexing at Moore.

KW: "Hey, Moore"

AM: "Yeah, coach"

KW: "I'm not impressed." (while flexing)

:sarcasm

Here are Williams quotes about three of the WR:

Brandon Reilly: “He’s fast and quick. I like him a lot. Fast and quick. Faster and quicker than you’d think. I like him. I’m buying what he’s selling.”De’Mornay

Pierson-El: “He’s a skillset demon. He’s quick, he’s fast, he can catch. He’s strong. We plan on using him as much as we can in various ways.”

Alonzo Moore: “He’s an outgoing guy, he likes to have fun — he doesn’t goof around — but I want him to be intense. Focus on improving every day in every aspect. But he does have all the tools.”

Maybe that is why Williams is flexing at Moore.

KW: "Hey, Moore"

AM: "Yeah, coach"

KW: "I'm not impressed." (while flexing)

:sarcasm

hard work dude, if you want to play here........slackers ride the pine.

I'd like to see Jamal Turner's talents more realized this season.

940x.jpg

the dude is recovering from multiple injuries, he still can't go.......my guess is it will be fall, if ever, before he sees the field again......seems injury prone?

Hmm, I thought he was all healed up. Hope he can make it back and be a threat.....whenever!

I'd like to see Jamal Turner's talents more realized this season.

940x.jpg

the dude is recovering from multiple injuries, he still can't go.......my guess is it will be fall, if ever, before he sees the field again......seems injury prone?

Hmm, I thought he was all healed up. Hope he can make it back and be a threat.....whenever!

He just had his knee scoped so is getting limited action during spring practice.