Wide Receivers - Lots of Options

I'd like to see Jamal Turner's talents more realized this season.

940x.jpg

the dude is recovering from multiple injuries, he still can't go.......my guess is it will be fall, if ever, before he sees the field again......seems injury prone?

Hmm, I thought he was all healed up. Hope he can make it back and be a threat.....whenever!

He just had his knee scoped so is getting limited action during spring practice.

Okie dokie, thanks.

Man, I am liking Keith Williams more and more. Sounds like he is a real technician and demands the same from his position group.

“It starts at the route,” he said. “You can have the best skill set in the world but if you don’t have the route technique you still won’t be open. So in my mind it starts with the route."

It’s the old cliche: alignment, assignment, execution.

Surprised to hear him say that no one is standout in their route running ability. I thought that nod would go to Westerkamp, both because he is a good route runner and many of our other WRs are not (or were not last year anyway).

• Fire 1

Man, I am liking Keith Williams more and more. Sounds like he is a really technician and demands the same from his position group.

Its the old cliche: alignment, assignment, execution.

A few of the interceptions Tommy threw last year were because of option routes and guys not running what Tommy was seeing as opposed to what they saw. With a better offense and easier to understand routes guys are probably all getting it down.

I've been a huge Tolbert fan since we offered him. Huge frame and great at going to get a ball in the air. Definite possibility as a red zone weapon this year.

SEEN: More strong play from Trai Mosley. Also, for the first time in camp, Jariah Tolbert worked with the Red team. Tolbert, a redshirt freshman, is one of the most physically developed receivers on the team.

OWH

I would like to see a breakthrough from this group. I do not know why, but we've had a lot of inconsistency at WR over the years. I also would like to see an improvement of recruits come here. Don't want to be too critical but when I look back I recall a lot of patience is needed for Husker receivers to develop and finally put it all together. I am very glad we have Westerkamp, and although a lot of these guys played real well in many games, a lot of times it was MEH, unfortunately.

Nunn, Fluellen, Grant Mulkey, Meno Holt, Swift, Petersen, Niles, Enunwa, Kinnie, Turner, Bell

Swift & Bell probably the best we've had, and I'm a fan of what they contributed. Westy & the passing game will need some help from others. I'm confident about our TEs when they chip in.

SEEN: Wide receivers coach Keith Williams running, in a full sprint, 30 yards downfield to congratulate Brandon Reilly on catching a back-shoulder pass over cornerback Jonathan Rose. Reilly not only caught it but ran away from Rose for what would have been a touchdown.

OWH

SEEN: our QB threw a nice back shoulder pass over a receiver that went for a TD.

Had to do it since our QBs get ripped so much on here.

• Fire 1

Here's an interview with Keith Williams talking about Brandon Reilly, who sounds like he will be a major contributor this year. The article includes a video interview with Brandon Reilly. Among the topics covered, he discusses Keith Williams, and Reilly makes specific mention of how it helps that Coach Williams has experience playing WR and can be more hands on and demonstrate the techniques he is trying to teach.

• Fire 1

I would like to see a breakthrough from this group. I do not know why, but we've had a lot of inconsistency at WR over the years. I also would like to see an improvement of recruits come here. Don't want to be too critical but when I look back I recall a lot of patience is needed for Husker receivers to develop and finally put it all together. I am very glad we have Westerkamp, and although a lot of these guys played real well in many games, a lot of times it was MEH, unfortunately.

Nunn, Fluellen, Grant Mulkey, Meno Holt, Swift, Petersen, Niles, Enunwa, Kinnie, Turner, Bell

Swift & Bell probably the best we've had, and I'm a fan of what they contributed. Westy & the passing game will need some help from others. I'm confident about our TEs when they chip in.

Stanley Morgan seems to be a good 'investment'. Monte Harrison was a good get too, but went to play beisbol, unfortunately. Tariiq Allen might do something this year if he can stay healthy, which is a big 'if'. Kevin Gladney, who knows?

I think Stanley plays this year

I like Stanley but I hope not. He's coming in cold in the fall with six guys who've played significant snaps ahead of him plus another four that have been around for awhile. Unless he's good enough to be a starter I don't think it's worth burning a redshirt year for a few snaps here and there.