JUCO CB Maurice Chandler [Arizona State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

He said he didn't want to come to Nebraska because it was too cold. He liked it a lot but the weather is what lost this one for us. Same reason we didn't get Nathan Smith.

I guess these guys aren't planning on playing in the NFL ever where 1/2 the teams live in cold climates....

Ya, because choosing ASU over DONU because of whether means he chooses warm weather over playing in the NFL. Believe it or not, living in cold climates prior to exhausting eligibility is not a requirement to being drafted...

I hate it that this is a deciding factor in a kids decision but it is what it is. Its up to the coaches to sell the things Nebraska has to offer and gets kids to come despite the weather.

Agreed, but I think when it comes to NE weather versus wherever, it seems NE weather isn't too bad during the season. For instance, how many truly cold games were there this year? Minnesota and Iowa? It gets pretty cold in Northern CA, OR, and WA too. He will have to play on the road in some of these locations yearly. I guess if one is strictly comparing off-season winter temps, I supposed Phx wins out.

He said he didn't want to come to Nebraska because it was too cold. He liked it a lot but the weather is what lost this one for us. Same reason we didn't get Nathan Smith.

I guess these guys aren't planning on playing in the NFL ever where 1/2 the teams live in cold climates....

Ya, because choosing ASU over DONU because of whether means he chooses warm weather over playing in the NFL. Believe it or not, living in cold climates prior to exhausting eligibility is not a requirement to being drafted...

I hate it that this is a deciding factor in a kids decision but it is what it is. Its up to the coaches to sell the things Nebraska has to offer and gets kids to come despite the weather.

Agreed, but I think when it comes to NE weather versus wherever, it seems NE weather isn't too bad during the season. For instance, how many truly cold games were there this year? Minnesota and Iowa? It gets pretty cold in Northern CA, OR, and WA too. He will have to play on the road in some of these locations yearly. I guess if one is strictly comparing off-season winter temps, I supposed Phx wins out.

I'm guessing most recruuts issues with Nebraskas winters isnt so much the games but the other 4 months of living in it...

• Fire 1

You know, ASU is one of the top research schools in the country. They've worked hard to overcome the party school reputation and offer student athletes a great future after their athletic careers.

Ah, who am I kidding. I couldn't even type it with a straight face. You guys know why kids want to come here. If the Huskers couldn't get him, I'm glad he's coming to ASU. Go Devils! :devil

arizona-state-4.jpg

Pretty tough to compete with this and the warm weather

1b,1a(but likely wouldn't have to choose as I'm pretty sure I could get a threesome with the two),5,4,6,3

Prolly wouldn't take much convincing down there. Have heard really "good" things about going to school down there :wasted

Do I open with "how much does a polar bear weigh?" Or " nice shoes want to....."