Fightin' Erstads vs. Texas

Huge weekend. Should be in the top 25 when the rankings come out tomorrow.

Agreed.

Don't know if it's still too early to tell, but I wonder if the rotation & bullpen is good enough to win a regional series at home. At the moment it appears this staff is capable. I guess I wonder because UT was ranked and a quality opponent with a great staff of there own. The Husker staff did a great job.

Oh well it's harmless to wonder. I will try to enjoy without looking to far ahead

Agreed.

Don't know if it's still too early to tell, but I wonder if the rotation & bullpen is good enough to win a regional series at home. At the moment it appears this staff is capable. I guess I wonder because UT was ranked and a quality opponent with a great staff of there own. The Husker staff did a great job.

Oh well it's harmless to wonder. I will try to enjoy without looking to far ahead

Considering we also held the number 1 and 2 ranked teams in the country to less than 4 runs each, I think there's more to that thought than just wishful thinking.
  • Fire 2

Well we're about half a run better than the school record for ERA and we just gave up 3 runs in 33 innings against a team that has GOOD odds of winning the Big 12.

Don't kid yourself, our pitching is REALLY good. So is our defense. If we score 4 runs we're going to win a ton of games. That 4 run barrier is pretty much the magic number so far.

• Fire 1

Agreed.

Considering we also held the number 1 and 2 ranked teams in the country to less than 4 runs each, I think there's more to that thought than just wishful thinking.

Great point. Those were close games.

Well we're about half a run better than the school record for ERA and we just gave up 3 runs in 33 innings against a team that has GOOD odds of winning the Big 12.

Don't kid yourself, our pitching is REALLY good. So is our defense. If we score 4 runs we're going to win a ton of games. That 4 run barrier is pretty much the magic number so far.

Thanks because I really wanted to believe it. Just trying not to get ahead of myself with too much excitement. I like the 4 run mark you mentioned.

Texas is good, but I think TCU is better, wins the Big12 and returns to Omaha. They're better than last year.

i agree, but texas could sneak in there. their schedule sets up better IMO... and they've got a game in hand right now... but they still probably have to take 2 @TCU and that's probably the killer. If they take 2 of 3 this week against OSU it's pretty cake outside of that trip to TCU. They've already played WVU and KSU who are probably the next best teams after OSU.

Don't get me wrong, TCU is the better team, but Texas could VERY easily win that league.