Pitchford Leaving Huskers

I don't understand this at all. You have a free scholly to play basketball in the Big10. You want to give up after receiving major minutes the past 2 seasons??

Walter was probaly pushed out is my assumption. HE does this to save face, but he flat out seemed disinterested.

Perhaps if he was disinterested and was going to get pushed out, he should have found a seat on the bench.

This is shocking. I can't think of a returning starter who just decides to quit. Could say something about what went wrong with this team.

I actually know personally a number of college athletes that by the time their senior season comes around, they are just ready to be done even though they are starters or major contributors. They are tired of the grind and having their bodies beat up.

One example is a girl I know who was a starter on a D1 softball team. At the end of her Junior year, she told her parents the absolute only reason she was still playing was for her scholarship to pay for her education. Well....maybe Walter has it figured out how he is paying the last year of his education and he is perfectly fine walking away.

I'm speechless:

@HuskerExtraBR: #Nebrasketball junior forward Walter Pitchford confirms to Journal Star he's entering NBA Draft. Story coming.

I'm utterly flabbergasted.

Actually, after thinking about it, I wonder if he flunked out of school and entering the NBA draft is a way of trying to save face.

I'm speechless:

@HuskerExtraBR: #Nebrasketball junior forward Walter Pitchford confirms to Journal Star he's entering NBA Draft. Story coming.

Actually, after thinking about it, I wonder if he flunked out of school and entering the NBA draft is a way of trying to save face.

Honors & Awards

• Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll (Fall 2012, Spring 2013)

I'm speechless:

Honors & Awards

Point taken, but was that before he discovered Neighbors? The story will eventually come out. It just makes no sense.

I'm speechless:

Honors & Awards

When he was redshirted....

The story i read says he plans on staying in school and still going to try and graduate this summer.

I think this NBA thing is just to try and get himself to Europe.

He can play in some spots out in Europe.

It doesn't mean he even thinks he'll get drafted. But if you're done with your college career it doesn't hurt to throw your hat in the ring. You never know what might happen.

He knows it's not going to happen. Although his "skill set" adapts to the pro game. Meaning a guy almost 7 feet tall shooting 3's and not rebounding.

It doesn't mean he even thinks he'll get drafted. But if you're done with your college career it doesn't hurt to throw your hat in the ring. You never know what might happen.

He knows it's not going to happen. Although his "skill set" adapts to the pro game. Meaning a guy almost 7 feet tall shooting 3's and not rebounding.

Yep he was made for the NBA

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Huskers?src=hash">#Huskers</a> "<a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania">@ShamsCharania</a>: Nebraska forward TerranPettewayplans to declare for the 2015 NBA draft, sources tell RealGM.</p>— Josh Harvey (@JoshHarveyScout) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshHarveyScout/status/583741775577088000">April 2, 2015</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>