Freshmen QBs Bush and Darlington relishing chance to compete

zoogs

LJS

5525ba59732d4.image.jpg

Both Bush and Darlington feel the staff has been true to its word in giving all the quarterbacks a chance to show what they can do.

They made the clean slate thing really clear," Bush said. "So that gave all of us a hope. We came here to compete. We didnt come here to sit."

First meeting with the media for these guys. Are they both redshirt freshmen?

• Fire 2

Pretty good read. I think these guys will get the consistent footwork and timing down by Fall Camp. Well, whoever commits to it during offseason will. And like Darlington says, it can lead to a pick or just catching the ball; but the right footwork and timing will allow the receiver to catch it with 5 yards to run with. Big difference.

• Fire 1

The list of highly-recruited quarterbacks who lost their job to an incredibly confident freshman who came out of nowhere is actually pretty long and storied.

Really? Or is this sarcasm. Tommy wasn't highly recruited....at QB. I believe it was us and Southern Miss
(this is all sarcasm)

Yea, but the mighty Zac Lee from the City College of San Francisco was unseated by highly recruited safety/WR prospect Taylor Martinez.........

Why do Nebraska fans still wonder why we don't compete for National Titles anymore? The last time we competed for one, we had the Heisman Trophy winner at QB.

You know, many football analysts think the quarterback position is a very important one on a football team, but really, wtf do they know?

The list of highly-recruited quarterbacks who lost their job to an incredibly confident freshman who came out of nowhere is actually pretty long and storied.

Really? Or is this sarcasm. Tommy wasn't highly recruited....at QB. I believe it was us and Southern Miss
(this is all sarcasm)

Yea, but the mighty Zac Lee from the City College of San Francisco was unseated by highly recruited safety/WR prospect Taylor Martinez.........

Why do Nebraska fans still wonder why we don't compete for National Titles anymore? The last time we competed for one, we had the Heisman Trophy winner at QB.

You know, many football analysts think the quarterback position is a very important one on a football team, but really, wtf do they know?

Pretty sure no coaching staff here actually tried not to get Heisman calibre QBs here, but what do I know? Now, I did hear that Broderick Thomas was upset that Solich didn't pursue Thomas's hometown QB Vince Young, but I doubt we had any shot at all at him.

(this is all sarcasm)

Pretty sure no coaching staff here actually tried not to get Heisman calibre QBs here, but what do I know? Now, I did hear that Broderick Thomas was upset that Solich didn't pursue Thomas's hometown QB Vince Young, but I doubt we had any shot at all at him.
If you got the impression I was saying that coaching staffs were trying not to get Heisman caliber QB's I would love to know what the hell I said that made you draw that conclusion. I didn't say anything of the sort and I can't figure out why you even said that. I mean, it's pretty much beyond stupidity.

It wasn't sarcasm. But it also wasn't limited to Nebraska. Or Tommy.

If anything it's about Stanton.