Post spring game QB depth chart

I'd go with

Armstrong (by default)

Darlington

Bush

Fyfe

Stanton is barely hanging on here. He's got to get his mojo going.

Could it be said that "Johnny Tebow" is a "bust"?! Man, this is a guy that Riley also heavily recruited @ OSU. OR Ducks also wanted him. He went to the "Elite Camp", for god's sake! Wonder what's up with the Stanton.

Anyway, glad to see Darlington making some noise.

What sup with Stanton is that his confidence is low right now, and he is struggling to grasp the offense. If he dedicates himself over the summer and keeps his head in the playbook, works with his receivers over the summer, he'll most likely come back in fall a more capable QB then he was this spring

I'd go with

Armstrong (by default)

Darlington

Bush

Fyfe

Could it be said that "Johnny Tebow" is a "bust"?! Man, this is a guy that Riley also heavily recruited @ OSU. OR Ducks also wanted him. He went to the "Elite Camp", for god's sake! Wonder what's up with the Stanton.

What sup with Stanton is that his confidence is low right now, and he is struggling to grasp the offense. If he dedicates himself over the summer and keeps his head in the playbook, works with his receivers over the summer, he'll most likely come back in fall a more capable QB then he was this spring

Fingers crossed...

Question, does anyone know what type of offense Langsdorf is running, in terms of West Coast, Air Coryell, or Erhardt-Perkins, or is it something completely different

Multiple

tZOS8.gif

I heard his offense takes what they want, not what the defense gives them.

Sounds like a rapist's wit. i like it.

Hehe. Still a serious question though. I am really curious about the terminology that the QB communicates in the huddle. I was looking for a mic'd up of Sean Mannion or something similar where you could hear him make a play call, but I couldn't find one.

It is a good indicator of the complexity of the system and how big of a learning curve it will be to learn for these young QBs. In Callahans WCO the plays had the longer terminology, so Zac had to kneel in the huddle and call out a long play and it would eat up at least 10 secs of time. In the spring game it looked like the QBs had a quicker play call, which made me wonder if they are running a different system.

Question, does anyone know what type of offense Langsdorf is running, in terms of West Coast, Air Coryell, or Erhardt-Perkins, or is it something completely different

Multiple

tZOS8.gif

Hehe. Still a serious question though. I am really curious about the terminology that the QB communicates in the huddle. I was looking for a mic'd up of Sean Mannion or something similar where you could hear him make a play call, but I couldn't find one.

It is a good indicator of the complexity of the system and how big of a learning curve it will be to learn for these young QBs. In Callahans WCO the plays had the longer terminology, so Zac had to kneel in the huddle and call out a long play and it would eat up at least 10 secs of time. In the spring game it looked like the QBs had a quicker play call, which made me wonder if they are running a different system.

Playbook is 800+ pages, was told this by a walk on from my alma mater

I'd go with

Armstrong (by default)

Darlington

Bush

Fyfe

I'd like to think that's it but I'm not convinced after the spring game. I've been interested in Stanton since he committed but he just looks lost out there. He had two throws in the spring game were he had a guy running free down the field. Rule #1 for QBs in that situation is COMPLETE THE PASS. Doesn't matter if it's underthrown so they get tackled as soon as they catch it. Just get them the ball and take the yards. He overthrew and missed badly on both. That's not the offense. That's not decision making. That's just missing two of the easiest throws for big plays that he'll ever get. And neither was even close.

While watching the game, does it look like the QB will take a lot of hits in the pocket this year?

Pretty tough to tell from that game. The red team did a good job of protecting their QBs from the second-string defense. The white team struggled mightily keeping VV and MC out. Won't know much until we see them against like competition.

Multiple

tZOS8.gif

Wait, so what is the connection? Did this walk-on go to OSU? Is NU your alma mater?

Multiple

tZOS8.gif

Wait, so what is the connection? Did this walk-on go to OSU? Is NU your alma mater?

We both went to the same HS and he attends NU while I went to a different college. Over spring break he said the playbook was 800+ pages that Riley handed out

but dont let that scare you. Sounds like a big number. but depending on how it's done, hell, there could be 20-30 variations of basically the same exact play or concept.

Oh I know just throwing out what I was told from someone who has the playbook

i know you did. I was just jumping in front of others that may freak out with the notion everything would be simpler.

but dont let that scare you. Sounds like a big number. but depending on how it's done, hell, there could be 20-30 variations of basically the same exact play or concept.

i know you did. I was just jumping in front of others that may freak out with the notion everything would be simpler.

How mature of you....what has this board come to?

How mature of you....what has this board come to?

just had this crazy idea of what it woukd feel like to stop 6 1/2 pages of irrelevant back and forth banter over somethi g stupid before it even startec.

TA concerns me. I really like his toughness as a runner, and his decision making ability in the option, but his decision making and ability to check down in the passing game are poor. I don't know if any of the backups are an improvement, but if there is not improvement at the position, I doubt we break the 4 loss barrier.

• Fire 1

Did any of you see Darlington's post spring game presser? He got me excited with his excitement. He loves the game and everything about the university. I know he could light a fire under his teammates in the huddle.

Here it is (not premium info)

http://nebraska.scout.com/story/1536794-nebraska-spring-post-zack-darlington

This is added to his performance in the spring game. He's definitely a natural leader.

I know the backup quarterback is generally a fan favorite lol but I'm on that wagon!

GBR!!!

Agree. Thanks for the link. I didn't see that before but he has the "it" factor, and looking back, it sure looked he's enthusiasm was contagious and the offense played better as a result.