Christianity Harms, Kills Another Child

NBC News Article

"A Texas woman has been charged in an investigation of a Dallas-area church involving what police said appeared to be an attempt to raise a 2-year-old child from the dead, according to court documents."

Yeah, so the toddler was starved to death by the church, and then they tried to raise it from the dead. :dunno And before we go off saying this is a whackadoodle version of Christianity:

Congregacional Pueblo De Dios, which was formed in 2007, is affiliated with the Hispanic Conference of the Congregational Holiness Church, a Pentecostal denomination based in Griffin, Georgia. The evangelical denomination was created by a schism in the Pentecostal movement in the 1920s.

So, um, how well did Religious Freedom work out for that two year old? There's a reason there are base laws in our society that supersede the "beliefs" and "laws" of religion, and why there is such a thing as Separation of Church and State--cause frankly, State logic and laws needs to step in when Church faith/stupidity begins to harm the defenseless, regardless of the religion.

My only comment, I wonder if Knapp will judge this thread as divisive and label VV as a propagandist for the "anti-god" crowd - (The crowd that is angry at the Christian God that "doesn't exist"). The OP itself is not worthy of a response.

• Fire 7

Yeah, so the toddler was starved to death by the church, and then they tried to raise it from the dead. :dunno And before we go off saying this is a whackadoodle version of Christianity:

Congregacional Pueblo De Dios, which was formed in 2007, is affiliated with the Hispanic Conference of the Congregational Holiness Church, a Pentecostal denomination based in Griffin, Georgia. The evangelical denomination was created by a schism in the Pentecostal movement in the 1920s.

I'm struggling here.

What about this story comes anywhere close to demonstrating that this act of child abuse and this church have anything to do with main stream Christianity?

• Fire 3

My only comment, I wonder if Knapp will judge this thread as divisive and label VV as a propagandist for the "anti-god" crowd - (The crowd that is angry at the Christian God that "doesn't exist"). The OP itself is not worthy of a response.

It is overtly divisive and the tone is unnecessary. It doesn't invite discussion and the author has clearly made up their mind prior to posting the thread.

Now, since that's something you recognize, I trust that will affect change in your future threads. Or was this post only intended to be self-serving, and we'll see more of the same kinds of threads from you in the future?

• Fire 2

And before we go off saying this is a whackadoodle version of Christianity:

How is this NOT a "whackadoodle" version of Christianity? If this were a common tenet amongst Christians, wouldn't we see dozens, hundreds of such stories? We don't, it's rare, and labeling all Christians as like this is not remotely correct.

• Fire 7

Once again someone doesn't understand the meaning of the separation of Church and State or is deliberately distorting it.

With the specious reasoning of the OP we can say that Lesbianism means that you will starve your kids.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2586598/3-children-starving-1-chained-floor.html

http://gawker.com/texas-woman-executed-for-starving-girlfriends-young-son-1636124347

• Fire 2

How is this NOT a "whackadoodle" version of Christianity? If this were a common tenet amongst Christians, wouldn't we see dozens, hundreds of such stories? We don't, it's rare, and labeling all Christians as like this is not remotely correct.

So where's the similar angst and consternation when posters paint Muslims on this board with the same broad brush? Not particularly from you, Knapplc, but from our more conservative Christian posters that continue lump the whole of Islam together?

I would like to personally thank Vectorvictor for grouping me, a believer in Jesus Christ, with these lunatics.

No problem. Just continuing established thought processes on this board. 'Cause, you know, everything is black and white, and who needs critical thought processes?

So where's the similar angst and consternation when posters paint Muslims on this board with the same broad brush? Not particularly from you, Knapplc, but from our more conservative Christian posters that continue lump the whole of Islam together?

I would like to personally thank Vectorvictor for grouping me, a believer in Jesus Christ, with these lunatics.

No problem. Just continuing established thought processes on this board. 'Cause, you know, everything is black and white, and who needs critical thought processes?

I think you need to be more specific about what part of the Muslim faith we are painting with a broad brush.

I wonder why your critical thought process didn't involve just that group of idiots and instead involved billions of people.

From me, here (and other places):

So we shouldn't hate Muslims?

Don't necessarily hate them but I wouldn't trust one for any reason and I sure as hell don't want to get on a plane with one.

T_O_B

So... Ameer Abdullah - bad guy? Abdul Muhammad - bad guy?

Surely you don't mean all Muslims. Right?

I know nobody likes to be called out for their posts in P&R, but I think I've been pretty consistently down the middle.

First of all, Islam doesn't get brought up all that often on here, and to pretend like everyone paints with a broad brush and nobody criticizes it is to have your head in the sand.

As far as whackadoodle version of Christianity, you obviously don't know much about the pentecostal movement. I work full-time as a "Christian" being the media director at a church with over 1,000 people, and I guarantee nobody on our staff and virtually nobody in our church would look at this and say, "Mmmm. Yes. That's awesome."

• Fire 1

From me, here (and other places):

So we shouldn't hate Muslims?

Don't necessarily hate them but I wouldn't trust one for any reason and I sure as hell don't want to get on a plane with one.

T_O_B

So... Ameer Abdullah - bad guy? Abdul Muhammad - bad guy?

Surely you don't mean all Muslims. Right?

I know nobody likes to be called out for their posts in P&R, but I think I've been pretty consistently down the middle.

Knapplc, that's why I said "Not particularly from you". You've been pretty even keel.

And no, I know what I posted was obtuse, but it's to bring up an issue that has been going on for some time, and that I'm even guilty of from time to time--that we have folks that paint with too broad a brush when it comes to discussing people that don't agree with your ideology, politics, or religion.

Knapplc, that's why I said "Not particularly from you". You've been pretty even keel.

I'm going to frame this and post a picture of it every time I get one of these:

Ah yes, the classic "everybody else is doing it" excuse.

You came out and said it was an issue in other threads, why continue to extend the problem? What was the point of even posting this? There are a lot of screwed up people in this world, who commit idiotic acts and use the excuse of their particular religion as scapegoat. It should be pretty clear that most Christians do not have the same beliefs of the individuals from the article, just as most Muslims are not bomb-wearing Jihadist. Like you said, people should use critical thinking and come to this pretty basic understanding - but to continue to just throw crap like this out here for the sake of riling people up (obviously worked) is nonsense and a waste of time.

If your point of the topic was to make people quit generalizing/stereotyping other religions, ethnic background, etc. that can be expressed in the forums where those generalizations are taking place. If people are too ignorant to change their ways, or to realize what they are doing is wrong, there isn't any point to waste your words.

• Fire 1