Husker coaches to teach at satellite camp in Atlanta

I know it's not. I understnad that. But how can they be so damned full of themselves to claim it's a disadvantage? What in the world is stopping Bama or Georgia or LSU from having satellite camps on Ohio or Texas or California? Seriously.

That's why, in another thread, I asked why a reasonable non-biased person would think banning these camps is a good thing? What negative is there to the camps?

I believe it is an SEC rule that they can't participate in these types of camps

I know that. But, the SEC has stated that they want an NCAA rule banning these camps. My question is about why would the NCAA (if they look at it reasonably and unbiased) want to ban them?

So instead of pretending Nebraska faces so many challenges, these coaches are embracing all the advantages this program has. Then when it comes to one area where Nebraska is actually limited a bit ( reaching out to talent rich areas) instead of making excuses and complaining, we go to them and sell ourselves.

Man I love this new staff. I truly don't remember hearing about the last staff doing this. Am I mistaken? I just remember a lot of whining and complaining about how rough Nebraska has it. As if 100 other programs wouldn't cut off their own arms to have what we have here.

Seriously?

The last staff was so bad, if they came to us, we still didn't do our due diligence... (JOE BURROW CASE IN POINT)

I know it's not. I understnad that. But how can they be so damned full of themselves to claim it's a disadvantage? What in the world is stopping Bama or Georgia or LSU from having satellite camps on Ohio or Texas or California? Seriously.

That's why, in another thread, I asked why a reasonable non-biased person would think banning these camps is a good thing? What negative is there to the camps?

I believe it is an SEC rule that they can't participate in these types of camps

I know that. But, the SEC has stated that they want an NCAA rule banning these camps. My question is about why would the NCAA (if they look at it reasonably and unbiased) want to ban them?

I don't believe the NCAA does want to ban them. First, the SEC would have to prove that it does create unfair recruiting landscape. And considering their teams are always ranked very high in the recruiting rankings, I would venture to guess that it's not very unfair.

In addition, how will the SEC be able to convince the NCAA to intervene on this when they are a conference that has lobbied for autonomy on running their athletic programs?

The SEC will have to relax their own rules and allow coaches to hold these camps.

So instead of pretending Nebraska faces so many challenges, these coaches are embracing all the advantages this program has. Then when it comes to one area where Nebraska is actually limited a bit ( reaching out to talent rich areas) instead of making excuses and complaining, we go to them and sell ourselves.

Man I love this new staff. I truly don't remember hearing about the last staff doing this. Am I mistaken? I just remember a lot of whining and complaining about how rough Nebraska has it. As if 100 other programs wouldn't cut off their own arms to have what we have here.

No, those challenges are still there and the SEC is pissed the northern staffs are finding loop holes around their little recruiting kingdom. Even with these, there are major challenges our staff faces that the coaching staffs that are in recruiting hotbeds don't have to worry about. These issues need to be addressed with the NCAA but conferences like the SEC, ACC and Pac 12 are going to fight it tooth and nail because they know what nice things they have in the rules right now.

Here's a thought, in addition to putting on satellite camps in the South, why not get some in the B1G footprint? I would like to see the staff run camps in the South (Houston or Dallas, Shreveport, Prattsville, and Atlanta), B1G/East Coast (Philadelphia, DC, Virginia Beach, Detroit, and Chicago), and West Coast (Phoenix, San Francisco, and Los Angeles). I would also include one in Kansas City.

Saban hates this:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/4/22/8467537/college-football-recruiting-satellite-camps-nick-saban-jim-harbaugh

Which means it's good for NU

Until they change the recruiting rules to allow paid for summer visits, NU should do as many of these camps as they can in the states where all the opposition to that rule change comes from:

Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, California, South Carolina and even Ohio

There is another loophole many schools use:

Pay an out of state High School coach to help out at YOUR camp in Nebraska- he drags local players along with

• Fire 1