Most CFB Wins, Last 40 Years (1975-2014)

He worked for one year here under Solich, that's it, right? It's no more than a loose connection.

Pelini was connected to Solich by Monte Kiffin via Pete Carroll.

Heh. Monte Kiffin didn't know Bo and had never worked with him. Pete Carroll did and recommended Bo to Kiffin, and nothing says Nebraska like Pete Carroll, right?

If we're going to expand "being a Nebraska guy" to every coach known by somebody known by a former Husker, that's going to be a pretty wide circle. Kiffin knows a lot of guys. And he's not the only Husker alum who does.

Again, Bo's Nebraska background was 1 year. It's not nothing, but it's not a lot. Not that "being a Nebraska guy" should be an important requirement.

He worked for one year here under Solich, that's it, right? It's no more than a loose connection.

Well damn. I wish you had pointed this out (name dropped) sooner. Monte Kiffin and Pete Carroll.......Jeez, I wonder if Bo would consider coming back. I. Had. No. Idea.

Heh. Monte Kiffin didn't know Bo and had never worked with him. Pete Carroll did and recommended Bo to Kiffin, and nothing says Nebraska like Pete Carroll, right?

If we're going to expand "being a Nebraska guy" to every coach known by somebody known by a former Husker, that's going to be a pretty wide circle. Kiffin knows a lot of guys. And he's not the only Husker alum who does.

Again, Bo's Nebraska background was 1 year. It's not nothing, but it's not a lot. Not that "being a Nebraska guy" should be an important requirement.

Lane Kiffin for HC!!!

I'm not saying Pelini was a "Nebraska guy". He wasn't and it's not a requirement. Based on the most recent head coaching hire, a winning record isn't even a requirement.

I'm not saying Pelini was a "Nebraska guy". He wasn't and it's not a requirement. Based on the most recent head coaching hire, a winning record isn't even a requirement.
Can we get Polo back, please.
  • Fire 3

Holy crap dude, time to put on some big boy pants and let this one go.

• Fire 2

If he tried a little harder he could have been the Antichrist of Husker football...

The funny thing about the win totals is that we consider the 7 years of 9+ wins as pretty disappointing in the grand scheme. I bet a lot of SEC schools would have loved to have our win totals to hang their hats on before the recent surge.

In other words, those SEC schools would have rather played in the big 12 north and big10 legends/west

Yeah because we didnt play any teams from the Big 12 South or Big Ten East/Leaders division over that time.

What would happen if you started the time line at 2000?

Had to do some compiling but here's what I found:

1 Boise State 167

2 Oklahoma 161

3 LSU 151

4 Oregon 147

5 Ohio State 146

6 Texas 146

7 Georgia 144

8 Virginia Tech 143

9 TCU 142

10 Florida 137

11 Wisconsin 136

12 Auburn 133

13 Southern California 132

14 Florida State 131

15 Nebraska 131

16 Louisville 129

17 Clemson 127

18 Miami (FL) 127

19 Northern Illinois 125

20 Utah 123

21 West Virginia 123

22 BYU 122

23 Cincinnati 120

24 Georgia Tech 120

25 Michigan 119

26 Fresno State 119

27 Texas Tech 118

28 South Carolina 117

29 Alabama 116

30 Missouri 116

31 Kansas State 116

32 Oklahoma State 115

33 Notre Dame 115

34 Toledo 115

35 Boston College 115

36 Iowa 114

37 Michigan State 113

38 Tennessee 111

39 Oregon State 109

40 Texas A&M 107

I can honestly say that I am so glad we are still ahead of Kstate on this list.

The next 15 yrs will be good.

If he tried a little harder he could have been the Antichrist of Husker football...

The funny thing about the win totals is that we consider the 7 years of 9+ wins as pretty disappointing in the grand scheme. I bet a lot of SEC schools would have loved to have our win totals to hang their hats on before the recent surge.

In other words, those SEC schools would have rather played in the big 12 north and big10 legends/west

Yeah because we didnt play any teams from the Big 12 South or Big Ten East/Leaders division over that time.

Of course we did, how do you think we got the tallies in our loss column?

Kansas St, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa St, Kansas, Minnesota

Kansas St, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa St, Kansas, Minnesota

Combine that with a .479 (since 2000) winning percentage against cross-divisional foes and we get the complete answer.

The point is Arkansas, Tenessee,Kentucky, Miss State would all have loved to have gone 9+ 7 years in a row. Hell even Alabama had a down period in there before the SEC push began.

No the point is, it was garbage wins and garbage losses. 9-4 in the SEC is tougher to do than in the big10 Or big12 pretty regularly since 2006 ish.

It is what it is.

• Fire 1