Texas Cop, "Police Brutality", Black kids.

Two police officers who supported the apparently false narrative given by officer Ray Tensing to justify his fatal shooting of unarmed black motorist Sam DuBose have been placed on paid administrative leave, as two new videos that seem to further damage all three officers’ original accounts were made public on Thursday.

Tensing was charged with murdering DuBose on Wednesday and city officials released video footage from his body camera that seemed to contradict the officer’s account that he shot DuBose in self-defense after being dragged by the driver's car.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/07/30/sam_dubose_murder_phillip_kidd_and_david_lindenschmidt_suspended_after_backing.html

• Fire 3

Two police officers who supported the apparently false narrative given by officer Ray Tensing to justify his fatal shooting of unarmed black motorist Sam DuBose have been placed on paid administrative leave, as two new videos that seem to further damage all three officers’ original accounts were made public on Thursday.

Tensing was charged with murdering DuBose on Wednesday and city officials released video footage from his body camera that seemed to contradict the officer’s account that he shot DuBose in self-defense after being dragged by the driver's car.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/07/30/sam_dubose_murder_phillip_kidd_and_david_lindenschmidt_suspended_after_backing.html

Thiscovering up wrongdoingcertainly isn't limited to cops. Doctors and nurses do it all the time, destroying evidence to mask a screw up that could result in malpractice. It probably happens in every field and occupationcops, doctors, lawyers, teachers, dog catchers, garbage men, head football coaches, etc.

But I'm glad to see the prosecutor go after these guys. It's wrong when cops do it. Or when anyone does it.

The cop has no right to ask/order her to get out of the car at that point, unless providing some sort of reasonable suspicion for a crime, which he doesn't have and/or hasn't indicated--even after she asked him "why". Even then, technically, he has to produce a warrent showing probable for a private search--cops can't just search your car at a whim. So, she doesn't have to get out, give her the ticket and be over with it. Cop has shown no cause for an arrest and, from what subsequently ensues--trying to pull her out of the car--he could/should be charged with assault. Of course, that's not how it works in the real world where the cop usually says he's been "attacked" and/or the assaultee is "resisting arrest" or "failure to comply with a lawful order" or "disorderly conduct"--blah blah blah. Cop(s) is guilty of unlawful arrest, assault, illegal search, issuing false report, IMO. Evidently, "I'm going to light you up!" constitutes "tried to calm her down",in his world. Illegal tow, also.

The cop clearly doesn't know the law and is clearly lying as shown in his intercom conversation.

As to what happened in the jail, well, it hasn't been proven either way as to her "alleged "suicide". Hanging by trash bag seems a bit far fetched, but I suppose it's possible. The family will probably have to hire a private investigation to get the truth as the cops are historically in the business of covering things up(if guilty). It's tragic that people--often black--end up dead over some minor thing like this as a result of poor policing and/or poor jail protocol.

I have a friend--ex Viet Nam Delta force vet, major PTSD--that did a few months(upstate NY) for a trumped up charge of owing child support--to a child that was not his, of course, case thrown out. Anyway, he said a few inmates died--heart attacks--for lack of medical care while he was there and said the water was like rust and food was basically uneatable and grossly under caloric value(to which there was an eventual successful class action suit against the jail, basically for "starving the inmates"(sorta like hospital food).

R.I.P. Sandy Bland:

Unrelated, but glad to see you back in these parts carlfense....

• Fire 1

As to what happened in the jail, well, it hasn't been proven either way as to her "alleged "suicide"

I can't think of a reason why they might try to murder her and cover it up. That part seems far-fetched.

But the guy basically ruined her life anyway. The way he regarded her and treated her -- gosh, that's hard enough coming from a stranger, but he had a uniform on and was acting as an agent of the law. With the things she was told about herself, the arrest on record, etc...in her position, I might have crumbled, too, and reasonably assumed that my life (as I knew or wanted it) was over.

Well, to be fair, I probably would have not felt quite as helpless. A lucky privilege.

As to what happened in the jail, well, it hasn't been proven either way as to her "alleged "suicide"

I can't think of a reason why they might try to murder her and cover it up. That part seems far-fetched.

Could be a a 'good ol' Texas style lynchin'. Yeah, it happens.

Anyway, evidently the family doesn't buy the suicide deal, so they're taking it to court, and like in the Freddy Grey case, they should hire out independent investigation/forensics.

But the guy basically ruined her life anyway. The way he regarded her and treated her -- gosh, that's hard enough coming from a stranger, but he had a uniform on and was acting as an agent of the law. With the things she was told about herself, the arrest on record, etc...in her position, I might have crumbled, too, and reasonably assumed that my life (as I knew or wanted it) was over.

Well, to be fair, I probably would have not felt quite as helpless. A lucky privilege.

Re: bolded, I can't think of a reason either, but this literally just happened a few months prior.

Re: bolded, I can't think of a reason either, but this literally just happened a few months prior.

Wat?

Wat?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/574456/Freddie-Gray-death-six-officers-charged-black-man-dies-US-police-custody

Wat?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/574456/Freddie-Gray-death-six-officers-charged-black-man-dies-US-police-custody

They didn't murder him and try to cover it up.

The cop has no right to ask/order her to get out of the car at that point, unless providing some sort of reasonable suspicion for a crime, which he doesn't have and/or hasn't indicated--even after she asked him "why". Even then, technically, he has to produce a warrent showing probable for a private search--cops can't just search your car at a whim. So, she doesn't have to get out, give her the ticket and be over with it. Cop has shown no cause for an arrest and, from what subsequently ensues--trying to pull her out of the car--he could/should be charged with assault. Of course, that's not how it works in the real world where the cop usually says he's been "attacked" and/or the assaultee is "resisting arrest" or "failure to comply with a lawful order" or "disorderly conduct"--blah blah blah. Cop(s) is guilty of unlawful arrest, assault, illegal search, issuing false report, IMO. Evidently, "I'm going to light you up!" constitutes "tried to calm her down",in his world. Illegal tow, also.

The cop clearly doesn't know the law and is clearly lying as shown in his intercom conversation.

As to what happened in the jail, well, it hasn't been proven either way as to her "alleged "suicide". Hanging by trash bag seems a bit far fetched, but I suppose it's possible. The family will probably have to hire a private investigation to get the truth as the cops are historically in the business of covering things up(if guilty). It's tragic that people--often black--end up dead over some minor thing like this as a result of poor policing and/or poor jail protocol.

I have a friend--ex Viet Nam Delta force vet, major PTSD--that did a few months(upstate NY) for a trumped up charge of owing child support--to a child that was not his, of course, case thrown out. Anyway, he said a few inmates died--heart attacks--for lack of medical care while he was there and said the water was like rust and food was basically uneatable and grossly under caloric value(to which there was an eventual successful class action suit against the jail, basically for "starving the inmates"(sorta like hospital food).

R.I.P. Sandy Bland:

He never said he was going to search the car so I'm confused where that came from? An officer can ask you out of your car on every traffic stop if he/she wants and have you come back to their car or stand in front of their car. As I noted earlier there is case law to support this. I'm not saying that's why he asked her to get out of the car because I simply don't know. I'm merely pointing out that you need to do some checking into what you're saying before you take it as gospel. The cop hate is deep with this one............

• Fire 1

R.I.P. Sandy Bland:

He never said he was going to search the car so I'm confused where that came from? An officer can ask you out of your car on every traffic stop if he/she wants and have you come back to their car or stand in front of their car. As I noted earlier there is case law to support this. I'm not saying that's why he asked her to get out of the car because I simply don't know. I'm merely pointing out that you need to do some checking into what you're saying before you take it as gospel. The cop hate is deep with this one............
+1

I think it's pretty well established he was with in the law, but he should have been more professional.

Was it within the law for him to demand her to put out her cigarette, or to confiscate her phone? What about attempting to physically remove her himself, or threatening to tase her, what are the protocols or laws about that? Seems to have gone a bit further than lacking professionalism.

Was it within the law for him to demand her to put out her cigarette, or to confiscate her phone? What about attempting to physically remove her himself, or threatening to tase her, what are the protocols or laws about that? Seems to have gone a bit further than lacking professionalism.

Those are things I've been wondering about. I think *some* cops are on a huge ego trip and like to give orders to citizens when there's actually no viable reason. And if the citizen fails to comply? Well, it's off to the slammer (sometimes).