Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

We're not hurting for money. Peanuts is a gross overexaggeration - we're talking several million compared to several million but not quite as many millions. We can easily, effortlessly, afford to be choosers rather than beggars.

Basically, the gap in quality between Nike and Adidas is wayyyyyy bigger than the gap in school payouts between the two.

So, other than a competitors propaganda piece, or marketing bias, is there any hard evidence on why Adidas is so terrible? If we're gonna switch, it needs to be worth it. The new "Nike" uniform is too similar between schools, especially the collar thing. The Tennessee ones are bleh. I meant if we're talking about switching just for alternates... That's a bad idea.

So, other than a competitors propaganda piece, is there any hard evidence on why Adidas is so terrible?

In business, perception of quality is just as important as quality, and the hard evidence of Adidas' perception of being terrible is pretty obvious:

2014 U.S. Sales:

Nike: $11.8 billion

Under Armour: $2.6 billion

Adidas: $1.6 billion

If we go away from Adidas, I would strongly suggest UA.

Saying that, other than the alternative unis, is there really a big negative to Adidas? I agree their alternatives are underwhelming and if we are going to keep doing that, then there is an argument to make a change. However, I just have never seen a big deal with our regular uniforms under Adidas.

Bad design, poor quality material, uninspired fan merch, and more than anything negative perception by potential recruits.

Are all these complaints about fan merchandise? I fail to see how our normal uniforms are poor quality or design.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't see this huge need to switch to to Nike. The design of the uniforms is the last thing the university cares about when it comes to which apparel company they go with. We can talk about how much we hate our alternate uniforms all day, but it doesn't mean a thing as long as we are getting paid. I also think we exaggerate the importance of the brand on a recruits decision. What kind of attitude is a kid going to have who chooses his school based on their brand? We are Nebraska, we aren't ever going to win a recruit over by being flashy. We gain more and more negotiating power with every school that leaves Adidas. If they want to stay in the game we can pretty much name our price.

Saying that, other than the alternative unis, is there really a big negative to Adidas? I agree their alternatives are underwhelming and if we are going to keep doing that, then there is an argument to make a change. However, I just have never seen a big deal with our regular uniforms under Adidas.

Bad design, poor quality material, uninspired fan merch, and more than anything negative perception by potential recruits.

Are all these complaints about fan merchandise? I fail to see how our normal uniforms are poor quality or design.
They aren't.

I'll give you bad alternates. But I love the fan merch. Not sure t-shirts and such are going to get exponentially better if, indeed better at all. If anything, we'll only notice the Swoosh or U that will make the difference. That will probably make some feel all warm and fuzzy inside, just the difference in the brand logo.

I also love our normal jerseys. They did a great job updating the "Winning Tradition" patch IMO.

I'm not sure I can jump on the "burn Adidas!" bandwagon over some alternates.

So what's with the poor quality material? I've never noticed anything abnormal from the jerseys that they use all season long. No rips, or tears. The jerseys still seem tight fitting too.

I don't like Nike's "sweatboxes"

washington-huskies.tx.ap.jpg

No, also about actual uniforms. Remember the pee stained shoulder stripes in 2009? The awkward fit in 2010 that we thought was an intentional throwback to the old 70's Johnny Rodgers esque uniforms but actually weren't? The "super ultra mega extreme" tight uniforms that had to stretch so far that the shoulder stripes looked like waves? The weird tire tread pattern the last few years, and then of course the scrabble and duct tape alternates. Other schools have had tons of problems as well.

No, also about actual uniforms. Remember the pee stained shoulder stripes in 2009? The awkward fit in 2010 that we thought was an intentional throwback to the old 70's Johnny Rodgers esque uniforms but actually weren't? The "super ultra mega extreme" tight uniforms that had to stretch so far that the shoulder stripes looked like waves? The weird tire tread pattern the last few years, and then of course the scrabble and duct tape alternates. Other schools have had tons of problems as well.

Ummm....no, I haven't noticed most of those complaints.

Like I said, I can understand the complaints about the alternate uniforms. But, other than that, I guess I just have to mark this up with the long line of complaints that Husker fans harp on that just leave me... :facepalm:

• Fire 2

For the record, I'm on the Under Armour train.

They've had missteps, but they've probably had the highest percentage of really good alternates and original jersey designs compared to bad ones, and they're the new trendy kid on the block that is looking for flagship schools. The only knock on them is their consumer footwear blows, but that doesn't affect me any.

Nike's uniforms aren't as nice as everyone thinks. As stated above, their "sweat boxes" suck, the collars can look like crap, and there are other jersey nuances that make Nike jerseys look terrible. It's not just an Adidas phenomenon.

The biggest reason Nike dominates the US athletic shoe and apparel market is marketing. They have the vast majority of the best athletes in almost every sport, so kids want to look like those athletes.

I don't think Nike has the best products. I used to be a huge "Nike guy", but I think their shoes aren't anything special and overpriced. Their apparel isn't all that much different than Adidas or Under Armour. A polyester shirt is a polyester shirt.