Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

I wasn't here in 2009, but do recall other boards discussion and noticing it with my own eyes. As far as 2010, I had never heard of the "crooked stripes". It doesn't seem to bother me in the least. Football jerseys get twisted. Meh.

2010 was the vertical stripes - 2011 was the wavy/crooked stripes. Keep up! :P

So what is wrong with 2010 again? The stripes are too vertical? Seriously?

martinezx-large.jpg

It kinda makes him look bloated and doesn't bring out his eyes.

With many uniform manufacturer's the stripes on the sleeves have become altered/minimized in an effort to make the jersey tighter to the body/shoulder pads. That's why NU's stripes have looked vertical/diagonal/wavy rather than the traditional horizontal in recent years. It's not just an Adidas issue, as you will see that many of the new jerseys go without "sleeve stripes", even with Nike.

With many uniform manufacturer's the stripes on the sleeves have become altered/minimized in an effort to make the jersey tighter to the body/shoulder pads. That's why NU's stripes have looked vertical/diagonal/wavy rather than the traditional horizontal in recent years. It's not just an Adidas issue, as you will see that many of the new jerseys go without "sleeve stripes", even with Nike.

I don't know about that. I think ours have been fine the last two years, not perfect but way better than '10/'11, but I can't think of any schools that historically had shoulder stripes and now don't.

Iowa still has theirs:

iowa-hawkeyes-huddle-1658443403.jpg

OSU still has theirs:

o-OHIO-STATE-FOOTBALL-PLAYERS-facebook.j

LSU still has theirs:

LSU-Tigers-Football.jpg

Oregon State still has theirs:

1389062360000-USP-NCAA-Football-Hawaii-B

Oklahoma State still has theirs:

Oklahoma-State-Cowboys.jpg

Love these Oregon throwbacks:

ap_washington_oregon_football_t25_681095

BYU, Duke, Florida State...I can't really think of any schools that have gotten rid of shoulder stripes?

Landlord, many of those stripes you show are very truncated. Plus, the stripes that used to be on the sleeves, below the shoulder (look at the Eric Crouch jersey above) are now "on the shoulder".

Maybe Nike has figured out a way to do it better than Adidas, but Nike is not perfect.

Truncated compared to a decade plus ago, sure, I thought you were saying that this has been a recent thing over the last few years? Maybe I misunderstood.

lol... apparel isnt going to win a title.

Neither is being the laughing stock of the alternate uniform community.

Not saying switching to Nike or UA will help us win a National Title, but it would sure as hell bring a renewed interest in the Athletic Department, if only for a brief moment.

Not to mention it would make the players happier.

Not to mention it would make the players happier.

How are the players not happy? Unless things have changed in the last few years, they wear loads of free Adidas stuff around campus all the time.

I bet they'd like wearing loads of free Nike or UA stuff all the time a bit more :P

• Fire 1