Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

The practice jerseys are nicer then the game jerseys.

They should take the striping from the practice jersy that Young is wearing and make the numbers the same way along with the N on the helmets. That wouldn't look to bad.

Please no. That would be a straight-up shill for Adidas and their "three stripes". The practice jerseys are nice, but they aren't better than the regular game jersey.

So.....we get a hell of a lot of money from Adidas. Who cares if we have three stripes?

I don't agree with altering the base look of the uniform just to include three stripes, which is also the main logo of Adidas.

Please, Lord.

Who frickin' cares????

Recruits, players, fans, media.

I wonder if any recruit crossed off "X University" because they had the "wrong" uniform manufacturer?

Ask any Oregon recruit.

Rex Burkhead said on 1620 last week he would say it's at least one of the factors in 75% of recruits decisions. So you have to figure, if a recruit is down to 2 schools, everything is damn near equal, but one is an Adidas school and one is a Nike or UA school, it could be the deciding factor.

I really think we should be Puma's first contracted team in CFB. We'd at least be their #1 client in CFB for awhile anyway.

• Fire 2

Do we really want a recruit that is going to make a decision based on uniform manufacturers?!?

Do we want to be competitive and win championships? Every kid cares about this stuff to a certain degree, that's the reality of the time and landscape we live in.

It is not only about the uniforms. Think about all the other gear they get, including training shoes, casual shoes, and apparel. I guarantee a majority of college football players prefer NIKE gear, as a whole, over any other brand.

Training:

image.jpg

Casual:

Air-Jordan-III-IV-Oregon-Ducks-Collectio

I know guys currently on the team spend their own money on Nike/Jordan gear to wear instead of the free Adidas swag.

I know I would certainly prefer NIKE fan apparel.

I can't wait for the day when a recruit actually tweets this out:

I am officially a commit of Oregon! #GoDucks

550013_10151387007773445_409018869_n.jpgoregon-ducks-logo.jpg550013_10151387007773445_409018869_n.jpg

Oregon gained notoriety when Nike went all in and went crazy with uniforms etc. They sell the sh#t out of it. To disagree would be asinine

I'd say they gained more notoriety when Chip Kelly became their O.C. and completely changed the notion of "pace of game" throughout the college football landscape, and tweaking an offensive scheme that has proven to be damn good with or without Heisman caliber talent that competes on a championship level.

• Fire 1

Some of you need to wake up.

Apparel matters.

No matter how much you wish it doesn't.

It's not that I wish it didn't - I was ignorant that recruits would give two shakes about the apparel manufacturer. I would think fitting in the the team and university, quickness to get onto the field, support facilities, quality of program, chicks, free bicycles, slow campus police, etc would matter to me, but I am an old geeser.