Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

I doubt Harvey had much (if any say). I know the original alts for the Wisconsin game were down to TO and his staff.

Ew. Although actually, those uniforms grew on me. Some of the other ones have been pretty bad.

I'm sure Nike or UA would similarly struggle with coming up a nice, classy alternate for NU, though.

Nebraska should get the best deal, of course. I've heard a lot of bad things about Adidas -- I wonder why they're viewed so negatively as a business. It can't be just their uniforms. But as pointed out earlier in this thread, they do seem to do pretty well outside of the college football arena, so how bad is their business, anyway?

Check out the link I provided

I doubt Harvey had much (if any say). I know the original alts for the Wisconsin game were down to TO and his staff.

Ew. Although actually, those uniforms grew on me. Some of the other ones have been pretty bad.

I'm sure Nike or UA would similarly struggle with coming up a nice, classy alternate for NU, though.

Nebraska should get the best deal, of course. I've heard a lot of bad things about Adidas -- I wonder why they're viewed so negatively as a business. It can't be just their uniforms. But as pointed out earlier in this thread, they do seem to do pretty well outside of the college football arena, so how bad is their business, anyway?

From what I understand, Adidas doesn't put much focus in the US market. They are a German-based company, so they focus on Europe and the rest of the world (ie futbol). In 2005, Adidas bought Reebok and tried to keep selling everything under two brands. That purchase was a colossal failure, and Adidas is looking to sell the brand.

Adidas has gone after Miami and Arizona State this year, although they did lose Notre Dame to UA in 2014. There is also big speculation that Michigan will get huge money from Nike or UA when their Adidas contract ends in 2016.

• Fire 1

And, for the record, I am all for "basically" keeping the Husker uniforms the same as they always have been. Same red and white colors. Same N on the helmets...etc. What baffles me is when fans get all up in arms because of some change in a stripe here or there or the N on the pants. Really????

I also am all for one game a year wearing alternate unis. Hey, the kids like it and it adds some fun.

• Fire 1

The key to getting bigger deals isn't football, it's basketball. As a billboard, which is exactly what teams are for these companies, we have a pretty big audience for 1/3 of the year. The schools that are getting the big bucks have a big audience for multiple seasons. Kansas, for example, has a bigger contract than us. We need to have a solid year in football and MBB needs to get back to being the exciting tournament team.

Brand names and logos are important to kids. Hugely important. If my son is any indication, they can be deal-makers or deal breakers. He was willing to pay too much of his own money to get Air Jordan's. According to him, there was no plan B.

But that was this month. And that was a shoe. He prefers UnderArmor when it comes to shirts and apparel. $17 Nike Hyper Elite socks are virtually mandatory at middle school. Last year his allegiances were totally different. So were his sports. We have a closet full of neon colored Adidas soccer cleats, Nike baseball and rugby cleats, and as soon as a cool older teammate shows up in another brand, we won't hear the end of it.

So yeah, these deals matter a lot. But I'd be careful signing any long term contract on behalf of American teenagers, who have the attention span of gnats.

I LOVE Adidas. I mean, LOVE the brand. I own numerous pairs of Adidas shoes. I have always loved the way the 3 strips look on shoes.

That being said, the fact that they fail so tremendously with football (and basketball) is beyond me. Truth be told, I thought the Black jerseys for the UCLA game were nice. They were bold enough to be different, but understated enough to not be "doing too much".

Last year though? They were bad. The reflective numbers were not good. But I will say that I love the replica's they sold. I bought one for my son, and honestly, it looks great. Of course, it's without the chrome numbers, which works. He also doesn't wear the helmet too... I also like the t-shirts they made for the game. The 125th season patch is nice too. I have a t-shirt of that logo blown up. Graphically, I like it. But the actual jerseys, helmets, and pants. Ugh.

I hope they turn it around, but it seems like they won't. Our standard jerseys are great though. I don't know how I would feel about the collar the Nike has on their jerseys. Not a fan.

Let's say Nebraska gets to the playoffs in a couple years, right before the deal ends... Do we get a bigger offer from Nike or UA? I'd think it'd be big enough to switch.

I think it would help. UA's founder is a Maryland guy and former football player. He's stepped up with a $25M donation for Maryland so far. He may be inclined to go harder after the BIG, and probably the SEC also since those 2 conference's top the fans and viewer ratings numbers. Also NU seems committed to being once again the training technical leaders and that dovetails with UA as well.

I would be all for a switch. I would rather see us go to UA and not Nike. UA is a fairly new and young brand but it is quickly becoming the top brand. It would show that we are getting with the times and kids definitely pay attention to that.

• Fire 1