Camping Out: Quarterbacks

Darlington can step in if TA goes down. He wouldn't be required to run as much since we have plenty of RB depth.

Plus Fyfe has limited experience. Not enough to make me super comfy but enough that he could deal if the situation required it.

Well you won't likely get the deep ball with Darlington as much as you would with TA but as long as you have a strong running game, that wouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, TA definitely has a stronger arm. But I'm not sure how much functional difference it makes. It doesn't sound like we've been very good at deep throws in practice so far anyway. And Darlington dropped a pass right on the money at about 40 yards during the spring game so that's plenty good enough to be a threat.

I really hope Wilson doesn't jump ship to Oregon. We really need 2 quality solid QB's in this next class. If Armstrong goes down this season we have no one behind him who will be as good.

Is that a possibility of Wilson jumping?

Definitely a possibility. I'd call it basically a coin flip at this point.

I have yet in my lifetime to ever see a QB who didn't look worse under pressure.

Peyton Manning can be an entirely different QB when he feels rushed.

It's the offensive lines job to make sure that doesn't happen.

A couple things I'd take note of is that in practice, this Husker defensive line may be one of the better groups he's gonna face this season and that might have something to do with all the pressure. Secondly, this could be more of an indication of the weaknesses on our offensive line not an indication of Tommy's struggles necessarily. Those weaknesses on the offensive line are something we've all known for quite a long time, so none of the struggles are surprising at all.

• Fire 2

Secondly, this could be more of an indication of the weaknesses on our offensive line not an indication of Tommy's struggles necessarily. Those weaknesses on the offensive line are something we've all known for quite a long time, so none of the struggles are surprising at all.

I don't know man. They're still in half pads, and I would think if this is a direct result of poor offensive line play then the coaches would probably be talking about that, wouldn't you?

Totally agree Redux. Either clean it up and execute it properly, or don't do it on game days when the time comes. No more "working on things" and forcing stuff down the players throats when they simply are not capable of executing it. If they can't do it, DON'T DO IT.

Thats what I like about Riley. Sounds like he excells at calling what the players do well opposed to forcing something.

TA still worries me when pressured, making short throws. Thats where a lot of interceptions are coming from if memory serves me.

TA worries me on all his short throws. How many times last year did he over throw or under throw, with no pressure on his out throws. Now the coaches are talking about he needs more work on his long ones. Our running game will suffer, if he can't make the passing game respectable. I hope there is enough time for him to learn enough about this new system, before we start the conf games.

Hope for the best, but still worried about his progress.

GBR!!!

• Fire 1