Mike'l Severe rating the RB's after practice tonight:

Newby

Wilbon

Stevenson

Taylor

Ozigbo

No mention of Cross.

Hmm. That's interesting.

Not that it means much as he is just a media member, but he has witnessed more then us. I honestly could see the first 4 being who they are....but to enter Ozigbo over Cross?

Newby

Wilbon

Stevenson

Taylor

Ozigbo

No mention of Cross.

Hmm. That's interesting.

Not that it means much as he is just a media member, but he has witnessed more then us. I honestly could see the first 4 being who they are....but to enter Ozigbo over Cross?

Stevenson's a true freshman just like Ozigbo. I mean, one was 3 star and one was 4 star, but it's not THAT much crazier to have Ozigbo over Cross than it is to have Stevenson over Taylor and Cross.

Newby has significantly fewer towndowns had Cross, but I don't fault Newby for this. Cross gets the benefits of carries when it is short and goal. Except last season where Bo gave many of these carries to AA on account of his Heisman campaign.

But given that Cross has a higher percentage of short yardage situations, it is pretty amazing that he averaged more yards per carry than Newby, in an offense tailored for AA, which also should favor Terrell.

I think the are both great backs to have. What I don't understand are the posts that salivate over Newby, Stevenson, Wilbon, Taylor and diss Cross. Don't understand that, and I am not even his mom.

Honestly, I think most of the negative posts about Cross is because a lot of people don't think he's very good. Yes, he has a decent YPC average and has scored a lot in short yardage situations. But frankly, when I watch him, I just don't see a very good running back.

Newby

Wilbon

Stevenson

Taylor

Ozigbo

No mention of Cross.

Hmm. That's interesting.

Stevenson's a true freshman just like Ozigbo. I mean, one was 3 star and one was 4 star, but it's not THAT much crazier to have Ozigbo over Cross than it is to have Stevenson over Taylor and Cross.

Eh different caliber of prospects imo.

Stevenson: 91 composite rating and #17 RB, best offers from Bama, Ohio State, Texas, UCLA.

Ozigbo: 85 composite rating and #55 RB, best offers from Wisky, MissSt, Miami, Iowa.

I watched the video that scout had...stevenson looked like he had a gut

An observer tonight said they thought he could lose 10-15 pounds but thought that wouldn't be too hard to accomplish over the next couple weeks.

If Stevenson is in game shape by the start of conference play, that will be fine. There are many cases of true frosh RB's making an impact the last half of years.