Camping Out: Running Backs

You dont just hand out the candy there candyman (unless you want to end up with subway jared)...taylor has to earn his carries like everyone else. Hes probably behind taylor in the goal lineback role at this point and may notbe a great fit in this offense.

I love the irony of your username being onlyHskrfaninIL and the last two posts before yours were both from guys living in Chicago.

Yeah, not sure where in IL he lives, but there are a lot of Husker fans in Chicago. There are some Nebraska bars within a few miles of each other that both pack in hundreds of people for each game.

Yeah not anywhere near chicago. Chiraq and the rest of the state are two different places.

You dont just hand out the candy there candyman (unless you want to end up with subway jared)...taylor has to earn his carries like everyone else. Hes probably behind taylor in the goal lineback role at this point and may notbe a great fit in this offense.

I'm not saying that he should be handed anything or that one should not compete for a position. What I'm thinking but not said directly is maybe after red shirting for the benefit of the team and then missing another year with an injury possible Adam is a little down mentally and could possibly need some inspiration and encouragement. I'm not saying if the coaching staff has or has not

been doing this ... and I understand these are all big boys and they need to earn their stripes. Also we know many great coaches

who have been able to do things to motivate and bring out the best in their players in ways other than just saying ... hey, you're a big boy ... if you want to play you have to earn it, so get out there and earn it. I don't know anthing about Riley's coaching style. I also know coaches at big time college football programs can't start jumping thru hoops every time a player stubbs their toe.

All I know from watching him over come adversity with his mental toughness and his focus on physical conditioning, he has always been able to rise to the top. I'm hoping he will do this with the Huskers. All this being said after reading in a previous post that Adam seemed a little down or off during a recent practice.

I love the irony of your username being onlyHskrfaninIL and the last two posts before yours were both from guys living in Chicago.

Yeah, not sure where in IL he lives, but there are a lot of Husker fans in Chicago. There are some Nebraska bars within a few miles of each other that both pack in hundreds of people for each game.

Yeah not anywhere near chicago. Chiraq and the rest of the state are two different places.

True that, but not because most of Chicago is "Chiraq". I only recently learned how so many people from "greater Illinois" are irrationally afraid of all of Chicago. Yeah, I would never spend time in huge swaths of the south side. But there is a huge difference between those neighborhoods and most of Chicago.

True that, but not because most of Chicago is "Chiraq". I only recently learned how so many people from "greater Illinois" are irrationally afraid of all of Chicago. Yeah, I would never spend time in huge swaths of the south side. But there is a huge difference between those neighborhoods and most of Chicago.

The church I work at has been partnering (actually one of our pastors founded) with a ministry called 180 Chicago that is going after the south side and mentoring young fatherless boys and trying to make some tangible change in the cycles of life down there. I've been on O block a number of times filming for some different stuff (one of the partnering churches is literally on the corner of the worst block in the entire city crime-wise), and while I haven't really felt scared being down there, that's only for a few hours on a Saturday in the safety of an organized event. That's a dark place for the people that live there.

Maybe Riley and the RB coach need to take a look at this video so they may get an appreciation for what Adam Taylor can do

so they can do something to encourage him to reach his potential. I can just imagine how discouraged Adam may be having not touched the ball in a game for over 2 years.

The coaches may think they have an idea of what Adam can do, but after watching this maybe it could open their eyes as to what his potential really is if given the opportunity. Not giving him the opportunity to be productive is the fastest way to have the door closed to the Huskers for any future opportunities to recruit others from a great high school program.

That's a great video. Fun to watch! But I'm fairly certain our coaches have seen that video. And a ton of other film on Adam along with every other RB on campus. That, and our coaches see him every day in practice and then watch films of the practices.

I've been saying for a couple of years now that Adam Taylor might be the most talented RB on the team. That he might even develop into a better back than Abdullah or Helu were for us--albeit, with a considerably different style of running than either of those guys. But now it's looking like a couple of other RBs have passed him up on the depth chart. And it's not because the coaches aren't giving Taylor the opportunity to show them his talent. They want to put the best players on the field. If Adam was the best, he'd be at the top of the depth chart.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still a huge fan of Adam Taylor. And I'd love to see him end up at the top of the depth chart and be our feature back. But there are a bunch of great I-backs on our roster right now. And a couple of them appear to be ahead of Adam.

• Fire 1

When the real games start, I think we're gonna find out what we've really got. I hope the coaches remain open and are still approaching this season as a RB by committee until someone makes an outright claim to the starting position. What they do in practice is good and all, but to be honest, I've not been blown away impressed by anything Newby has shown in any games. Wilbon being behind him and I don't think Wilbon even has a carry in a game at this level yet, correct? Taylor is in the same boat, no carries yet either.

To me, I expect Imani to still be part of the puzzle somehow and still get a chance at earning some time too. Imani is the one guy on the roster right now who has made quite a bit out of the few carries he's actually been given in a real game situation. Aside from that, like I said, we've got a lot of unknowns. I don't think these coaches head into the first, or even the third game, with a real clear cut "this is our guy" mentality.

At least, I hope not. It wouldn't be fair to the depth we have. What they do on gameday is what matters to me, not practice.

Really? It was a pretty common theme after his commitment. From a brief search:

I am not the only person around that said AT was the best HS running back prospect (yes prospect) that we had signed since Ahman Green.

Adam Taylor today. This kid is freaking HUGE for only being 18. I get more and more anxious to see this kid in the backfield! I have a feeling that he is going to be the next best thing at RB since Ahman Green

Trust me. Adam Taylor is a better back than the ones you listed when they were his age. He's the best back we've signed since Ahman Green.