Camping Out: Running Backs

Stevenson getting into better shape at all or are we basically just gonna plunk him into S&C for the season then unleash him next year?

Severe & McKewon said today that he could be included in the kickoff return unit. I am not sure if that's enough to burn his redshirt this year. I would be willing to see how he is doing entering conference play and if he would be a difference maker in the Big Ten games.

EDIT: Sipple reporting that Stevenson likely will redshirt according to Riley.

• Fire 1

I like Wilbon and Taylor because I am curious to see how that talent translates with meaningful snaps. I'm even hopeful that Newby has a breakout year. But I'm not sure Terrell and Adam can stay healthy through an entire season. But if they say Ozigbo is performing the best right now, that get's me just as excited. I just don't know how to pronounce his name yet lol

Is he practicing again? Last update I heard on him was the walking boot.

No, he's out for awhile. Which doesn't help getting in shape. :lol:

He's back.
Right, Stevenson has been practicing, he's just not in football shape. He's low enough on the depth chart where they won't rush him back. I thought he could make an impact in conference season, but that looks doubtful now.

Does Imani have any career catches? Even though he might get run down fairly quickly if the play developed slowly I think it would be cool to see the big man catch one in space sometime. Who knows.

Four career receptions for a grand total of 13 total yards. Don't mean to knock him but he's not the best guy to catch out of the backfield, and some people at practice have said he doesn't look the most fluid doing it.

• Fire 1

Does Imani have any career catches? Even though he might get run down fairly quickly if the play developed slowly I think it would be cool to see the big man catch one in space sometime. Who knows.

Four career receptions for a grand total of 13 total yards. Don't mean to knock him but he's not the best guy to catch out of the backfield, and some people at practice have said he doesn't look the most fluid doing it.

Good to know. Probably not a good idea then to throw to him it sounds like hehe.

550485fbc9d38.image.jpg

Cross keeps positive outlook, loses 20 pounds

6 hours ago • By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON | LINCOLN JOURNAL STAR

Imani Cross was 240 pounds just a few months ago. It was the kind of 240 pounds that would make most males jealous, mind you. After all, we're talking about a guy who was doing 41 chin-ups carrying close to that weight as a freshman. He smiles about that 240 now. Some of it was by design. "And a little bit of midnight snacks," he'll admit.
So the Husker running back cut out the late-hour cravings, did his workout magic, and got down to 220 pounds just before his senior year. "I feel great. I feel healthy, and that's the main thing is just trying to take care of my body and treat it like a temple," he said after Tuesday's practice.
Be interesting to see if it changes his running style. Maybe a bit shiftier at 220?
  • Fire 1

550485fbc9d38.image.jpg

Cross keeps positive outlook, loses 20 pounds

6 hours ago • By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON | LINCOLN JOURNAL STAR

Imani Cross was 240 pounds just a few months ago. It was the kind of 240 pounds that would make most males jealous, mind you. After all, we're talking about a guy who was doing 41 chin-ups carrying close to that weight as a freshman. He smiles about that 240 now. Some of it was by design. "And a little bit of midnight snacks," he'll admit.
So the Husker running back cut out the late-hour cravings, did his workout magic, and got down to 220 pounds just before his senior year. "I feel great. I feel healthy, and that's the main thing is just trying to take care of my body and treat it like a temple," he said after Tuesday's practice.
Be interesting to see if it changes his running style. Maybe a bit shiftier at 220?

Unfortunately, this is the story of his career. He was big his freshman year, the lost 20-25 lbs for his sophomore year, hoping to be a little more agile. Then he was back up last year saying he feels more comfortable with the extra weight. Now he's back down again.