Riley Post-Practice August 6th

"Some of it looked like football, pretty much".

I like when Coach Riley says this, and he's said it a few times how important it is that it looks like football. It seems like a simple comment but I think there's a lot to it when he says that. For me personally, I hope it means we get away from this basketball on grass mentality. Riley doesn't probably directly mean it that way but I think he means that he's looking for crispness in execution, a flow with everyone moving with a purpose and intention, and a level of aggression and physicality.

All things we've been lacking offensively IMO. Hopefully the increased focus on technique will be a big help toward making this offense look a lot less sloppy like it has been.

I think that's Riley's nice-guy way of saying that there is a lot of room for improvement. :lol:

Haha! Yea, I'm thinking so. Its just a great way of saying it.

What we didn't need was another separate topic for just Kevin Williams...

Or...that thread started by sleazy "Way back when"

so maybe we should ask your permission to post about football in the football forum??

If that's what you want to do, go ahead. It was already posted in another topic about the defensive line and camp.

Here:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/75763-camping-out-defensive-line/

I like when Coach Riley says this, and he's said it a few times how important it is that it looks like football. It seems like a simple comment but I think there's a lot to it when he says that. For me personally, I hope it means we get away from this basketball on grass mentality. Riley doesn't probably directly mean it that way but I think he means that he's looking for crispness in execution, a flow with everyone moving with a purpose and intention, and a level of aggression and physicality.

All things we've been lacking offensively IMO. Hopefully the increased focus on technique will be a big help toward making this offense look a lot less sloppy like it has been.

I like the saying a lot. I think it means they did some things well but there is a long way to go. I coach HS for 20 years and it is amazing how often it doesn't look like football.

I like the saying a lot. I think it means they did some things well but there is a long way to go. I coach HS for 20 years and it is amazing how often it doesn't look like football.

Sometimes they don't even know how to put on the equipment!

I think that's Riley's nice-guy way of saying that there is a lot of room for improvement. :lol:

I noticed that comment too, and NUances take on it was how I felt too.

The other thing I got from the 3rd video was very confused about college football roster size rules. I'm gonna have to do some research.

I appreciate these update videos. I don't know how successful Coach Riley will be here, but I feel more informed when he speaks. Maybe it's the way he shares information from the questions asked? He seems open and honest regardless if it's a general or tough question being asked. As a fan, that's just one part of it that I need as a Husker junkie to help understand what's going on.

I like the smirk and hidden excitement that Riley had talking about Stevenson.

Kind of funny, some Oregon State fans thought they had a legitimate shot since Andersen recruited him to Wisconsin.

You mean, it's almost as good of a black/white example as you can get of the disadvantages of trying to recruit to a place like Oregon St. vs. Nebraska?

Says something doesn't it.