The Repub Debate

What a buffoon! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: You know I hope he keeps running off his mouth like this up to the convention. Then perhaps the delegates and the 'sane' leaders will revolt against the primary results and do something radical - change the rules on 1st ballot voting. For the sake of the party, the party leaders may have to take a united stand against Trump and force in another nominee (at this point it would have to be a white knight & not Cruz, as Cruz would be seen as sore loser instigating the revolt). Romney and Paul Ryan both have come out saying they cannot support Trump. That is unheard of -- the party's last presidential candidate and its defacto leader - the Speaker of the House making those kinds of statements.

So, the answer to the GOP's Trump nomination problem is to throw out the primary results because the GOP doesn't like who the people voted for? The same GOP that prides itself on being a voice of the people and that isn't an aristocracy like the Democrats are?

f9A0nTd.gif

That move would not only further embolden the Trump supporters to run on a 3rd party ticket, you still have forgotten the very problem that got the GOP in this mess in the first place--they have no viable candidates that would be supported by the general public in both a general election *AND* by the religious zealotry/tea party 'Patriots'. It's either or, and there's no one in between anywhere up and down the GOP's ranks.

Well, except for maybe Trump...

What a buffoon! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: You know I hope he keeps running off his mouth like this up to the convention. Then perhaps the delegates and the 'sane' leaders will revolt against the primary results and do something radical - change the rules on 1st ballot voting. For the sake of the party, the party leaders may have to take a united stand against Trump and force in another nominee (at this point it would have to be a white knight & not Cruz, as Cruz would be seen as sore loser instigating the revolt). Romney and Paul Ryan both have come out saying they cannot support Trump. That is unheard of -- the party's last presidential candidate and its defacto leader - the Speaker of the House making those kinds of statements.

This is going to get really interesting. There are way too many GOP leaders who are claiming they won't be supporting him to let this just slide by.

BUT....What I actually see happening is that Trump will be the GOP nominee. However, these GOP leaders are going to back a third party nominee of some kind and it very well might be the birth of a new party.

Trump will have Republican by his name on the ballot but there won't be any support behind it by the leaders and much of the organization.

What absolutely baffles me is the people still supporting him. He started off with evangelical Christians who were very fiscally conservative.

He proved he knows the bible (that he professes to love) by quoting two Corinthians walking into a bar. That had to make many of those evangelicals go....eeewwwww......maybe not.

Now, he claims to love debt and it's perfectly OK if our country takes bankruptcy. That has to make those fiscal conservatives that have been supporting him go.....eeeewwww......maybe not.

He has literally no Hispanic vote. He has no Muslim vote. He vast majority of women won't vote for him.

There are many many more examples like this.

But....I'm sure there will still be some worshipers that fall at his feet. But...man....that club has to be shrinking.

Unless Hillary's campaign implodes, it seems a foregone conclusion that she takes the general election. A far more interesting question is what happens to downstream races with Trump as the nominee. In Arkansas, a Democrat is challenging the senior Senator (a Republican) by tying that Senator to Trump, and has a VERY effective video that I would think will ensure that any woman watching would hold against any Republican candidate that does not repudiate Trump. Here it is:

For Republican Congressmen to have any chance, they have to unequivocally denounce Trump and campaign by trying to be as far away from him as possible.

There is a part of me that hopes Trump loses so bad that it's a record defeat. I hope it makes such a statement that everyone who worked to get us into this crappy mess stops and contemplates what has just happened.

And....yes....this is with me NOT wanting Clinton to win.

It actually would be amazing if the third party candidate absolutely demolishes both of them.

I just can't see a third party candidate - other than Sanders or Trump - having sufficient time to build his or her infrastructure and raise funds. Both Sanders and Trump have at least a semblance of a campaign system, and both have funds. But otherwise, I just don't think there is, at this point, any way for anyone else to mount a viable campaign.

I just can't see a third party candidate - other than Sanders or Trump - having sufficient time to build his or her infrastructure and raise funds. Both Sanders and Trump have at least a semblance of a campaign system, and both have funds. But otherwise, I just don't think there is, at this point, any way for anyone else to mount a viable campaign.

If there ever was an election where large amounts of resources could be put together quickly, it would be this election.

Jeb won't support Trump? What a surprise. Trump was the one that exposed Jeb for being a pushover.

As far as the debt issue, too many people read Dave Ramsey books. It will be impossible to crawl out of the massive hole that the past few decades of politicians have gotten us into without incurring some massive debt.

Unless Hillary's campaign implodes, it seems a foregone conclusion that she takes the general election.

That's what people said about the primary.

He will be running against someone who might as well be sitting in federal prison. Something tells me he will have plenty of ammunition.

• Fire 1

Unless Hillary's campaign implodes, it seems a foregone conclusion that she takes the general election.

He will be running against someone who might as well be sitting in federal prison. Something tells me he will have plenty of ammunition.

Don't forget there are a lot of poorly educated people out there with the power to vote...

Don't forget there are a lot of poorly educated people out there with the power to vote...

And there are a lot of poorly educated people in this thread who have no idea about anything but still bashing Trump. Dogs don't bark at parked cars.

And there are a lot of poorly educated people in this thread who have no idea about anything but still bashing Trump. Dogs don't bark at parked cars.

If there is a clown inside they do.

• Fire 3