The Repub Debate

You guys really need to shut up with this "sending our children to war" crap. The men and women of the United States Military are not some 5 year olds playing war in the back yard. They are the professionals that make America's military the finest fighting force this world has ever seen. Besides, no one held a gun to anyone's head and made them sign a contract. They are all volunteers and thinking of them as "children" is an insult.

I have a friend whose "Kids" were sent to war by Bush multiple times.

My son is 16. If numb nuts gets into office and causes a war and our troops are involved, either him or "kids" in his class very well might be involved.

I will be at golf league tonight with a guy whose "kid" went to Iraq and came home with some pretty medals and life long injuries after surviving a fire fight where he was the lone gun firing until he got shot in the head.

Another good friend's daughter spent three tours in Iraq.

I could go on and on with example's of people I know whose "kids" were at war in the last 10 - 20 years. They are also mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers...etc.

Yes, our military is the most professional and well trained military the world has ever seen and I'm very proud of every individual that contributes to that. BUT....those people are still someone's "kids".

So...pardon me if I don't stop saying....."sending out children to war".

I don't listen to him any more.

But, I still have a vested interest in who is president and he is closer than I like at being that person.

So, the campaign is important to me even though I am deaf anymore to words coming out of his mouth.

So you did listen to Stern! I never really listened to the radio show but Etv would play his show at night. It was basically a 30 minute clip of his show during the day, it made it pretty funny in that format.

Not sure where you got that.

When you said "I don't listen to him anymore" I figured you meant that you did listen to Stern but now you don't.

I was talking about Trump.

You guys really need to shut up with this "sending our children to war" crap. The men and women of the United States Military are not some 5 year olds playing war in the back yard. They are the professionals that make America's military the finest fighting force this world has ever seen. Besides, no one held a gun to anyone's head and made them sign a contract. They are all volunteers and thinking of them as "children" is an insult.

Just because they signed their lives over to defend our country doesn't mean that said lives should be put on the line carelessly and without forethought by leaders.

These men and women are not cannon fodder simply because they signed up for the U.S. Military; our country and its leadership need to use our military forces more judiciously than what we have been doing since 2001.

My son is 16. If numb nuts gets into office and causes a war and our troops are involved, either him or "kids" in his class very well might be involved.

I will be at golf league tonight with a guy whose "kid" went to Iraq and came home with some pretty medals and life long injuries after surviving a fire fight where he was the lone gun firing until he got shot in the head.

I could go on and on with example's of people I know whose "kids" were at war in the last 10 - 20 years. They are also mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers...etc.

Yes, our military is the most professional and well trained military the world has ever seen and I'm very proud of every individual that contributes to that. BUT....those people are still someone's "kids".

They will always be our children, no matter how old they get.

• Fire 1

Just because they signed their lives over to defend our country doesn't mean that said lives should be put on the line carelessly and without forethought by leaders.

These men and women are not cannon fodder simply because they signed up for the U.S. Military; our country and its leadership need to use our military forces more judiciously than what we have been doing since 2001.

I never said they were cannon fodder and I really hope that you're not trying to imply that I meant to.

I never said they were cannon fodder and I really hope that you're not trying to imply that I meant to.

But yet your statement implies that since they signed their lives on the dotted line, that said lives are forfeit.

And the military came into the discussion because of how inflammatory and reactionary the (Presumptive) GOP Nominee regarding his foreign policy and that said lives could be wasted in conflicts that could have been avoided with non-military solutions.

I did two tours in Iraq myself. I fired my weapon everyday for 43 straight days in Fallujah at the end of 2004. Came home with two purple hearts but that was lucky compared to friends of mine that were killed. I could go on and on too.

Now, if I recall correctly, Hillary Clinton also voted to send these "kids" to war.

She loves to pander to whomever she can. She also said this:

7DHYZ1HN4v6vl4P-eFnsLIA0wZJbDNhzVIIciRRC

But yet your statement implies that since they signed their lives on the dotted line, that said lives are forfeit.

And the military came into the discussion because of how inflammatory and reactionary the (Presumptive) GOP Nominee regarding his foreign policy and that said lives could be wasted in conflicts that could have been avoided with non-military solutions.

It doesn't imply that at all. I was saying that the military is an all volunteer force. Quit trying to put words in my mouth.

I did two tours in Iraq myself. I fired my weapon everyday for 43 straight days in Fallujah at the end of 2004. Came home with two purple hearts but that was lucky compared to friends of mine that were killed. I could go on and on too.

Now, if I recall correctly, Hillary Clinton also voted to send these "kids" to war.

Thank you for what you did. I have the upmost respect for you.

I also don't want Clinton as President.

Thank you for what you did. I have the upmost respect for you.

I also don't want Clinton as President.

I don't really want either of them. I just really, really don't like Hillary.

So...unless a baby is born in a lab through artificial means they should never fight in a war because they are someones kids...got it.

Who said that?

If a war is justified and needed, then so be it.

However, I have no desire for some hot headed idiot to be voted into office where our chances of being in a war would go up.

So...unless a baby is born in a lab through artificial means they should never fight in a war because they are someones kids...got it.

Who said that?

If a war is justified and needed, then so be it.

However, I have no desire for some hot headed idiot to be voted into office where our chances of being in a war would go up.

I said it...it was my post.

• Fire 1