The Repub Debate

Part of me thinks that some how, some way, Obama is getting a 3rd term.

Hilary is the worst candidate the dems have ever produced. It's amazing to me that America will settle for someone that wasn't good enough in 2008 but in 2016 after Benghazi and all that, she's now the front runner.

This country is so messed up, and it's due to the poorly educated.

I'm not sure what's worse, Hillary being the front runner or the GOP's ability to produce someone to unseat her. I think i'm going to put on the hat of "Trump was a democrat plant" to destroy the GOP, and give Hilary the presidency.

• Fire 2

Hilary is the worst candidate the dems have ever produced. It's amazing to me that America will settle for someone that wasn't good enough in 2008 but in 2016 after Benghazi and all that, she's now the front runner.

I'm not sure what's worse, Hillary being the front runner or the GOP's ability to produce someone to unseat her. I think i'm going to put on the hat of "Trump was a democrat plant" to destroy the GOP, and give Hilary the presidency.

Your last paragraph is the only conceivable thought that comes anywhere close to making sense.

There are enough clueless people that have bought into all the fear mongering over the years that gave trump the nomination. Now the rest will vote in Hillary.

Ps.....I'm talking about making sense in the election....not your post.

Poorly educated?????? And you are the one claiming it would be no big deal if the U.S. went bankrupt????

Recognizing that his statements are utterly bs is not poorly educated.

What is laughable are the hoops his supporters are jumping through to keep supporting him.

Conservatives should be about fiscal responsibility. Going bonkers on borrowing and not giving a crap if the country has to take bankruptcy is not fiscal responsibility.

But....keep jumping through those hoops.

You can't build a business (which the US economy is, by the way) without taking risk. Employees simply don't understand.

So when people talk about Trump bankrupting 4 companies as a reason why he's inept all I can do is roll my eyes and laugh. The reason most people don't go bankrupt is because they never do anything of significance. They clock in and clock out day after day at a job they don't like (but try to convince themselves and others that they do) and then try to tell everyone else how to run their lives.

Sorry if you perceive this as "hoop jumping." I realize Trump isn't perfect. I realize the things he's planning on doing are somewhat risky. But what's the alternative? Continuing to be a doormat in the world with trade, education, economy, immigration, etc.? Count me out on that one.

On the current path, America is on track for total collapse, and Trump is the only one who's planning to do anything about it. Sorry if he doesn't tip-toe around like the politicians that so many people on this board seem to adore, but so many of the things that he's proposing have been desperately needed in this country for decades now. Have fun living in Canada.

So what is he "planning on doing"? Other than say he's the greatest and he has awesome plans - what has he actually said he will do? He speaks with ZERO content other than to spew hatred and bigotry. He's an embarrassment to this country.

You speak of his bankruptcies as badges of honor because he tried. He impacted millions of people with each of those filings, which he admits he made out well financially by doing so. These are our fellow americans, you and I who are trying to work to feed ourselves and our families. Once, is a mistake - two, three and four more is just greed, poor business planning and strategy, and absolute selfishness.

Look into his promises to the folks in the communities in Scotland, and in Jersey City as well as other spots where he's done business. It's indicative of what we're up for if he gets a place in government. False promises that he can't deliver on. ZERO CONTENT.

He's a buffoon. You must not be a woman or have a wife, or more specifically a daughter. Would you be ok with him alluding to her to get on her knees to earn his business support? With him belittling her professional skills by calling her a bimbo?

Once again, you have no idea about anything business related. I'd like to see you go out and try to build a 10 billion dollar empire and see how many companies you bankrupt. I bet it will be more than 4. Much, much more.

"I'd like to see you do better" is hardly a stellar defense of Trump. And that seems needlessly inflammatory.

Coach, in the event you've forgotten, this is what the electoral map looked like in 1972 for Nixon vs. McGovern:

1972_large.png

The final electoral tally was 520 to 17. That's pretty damn bad.

Reagan beat down Carter in '80 pretty badly as well, 489 to 49. There have been some pretty poor Dem candidates. Just because she's got awful unfavorables does not automatically make Clinton objectively the worst candidate ever. That relies on one's personal definition of "worst" You're entitled to yours, of course.

The Benghazi thing, however, is a joke. We've got multiple committee members openly coming out and admitting it's a political hatchet job. I'm not dismissing the lives lost, as I have the utmost respect for those in uniform. But Clinton's role in it? People should let it go.

"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" McCarthy told Hannity. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought."
  • Fire 1

Poorly educated?????? And you are the one claiming it would be no big deal if the U.S. went bankrupt????

What is laughable are the hoops his supporters are jumping through to keep supporting him.

Conservatives should be about fiscal responsibility. Going bonkers on borrowing and not giving a crap if the country has to take bankruptcy is not fiscal responsibility.

You can't build a business (which the US economy is, by the way) without taking risk. Employees simply don't understand.

So when people talk about Trump bankrupting 4 companies as a reason why he's inept all I can do is roll my eyes and laugh. The reason most people don't go bankrupt is because they never do anything of significance. They clock in and clock out day after day at a job they don't like (but try to convince themselves and others that they do) and then try to tell everyone else how to run their lives.

Sorry if you perceive this as "hoop jumping." I realize Trump isn't perfect. I realize the things he's planning on doing are somewhat risky. But what's the alternative? Continuing to be a doormat in the world with trade, education, economy, immigration, etc.? Count me out on that one.

On the current path, America is on track for total collapse, and Trump is the only one who's planning to do anything about it. Sorry if he doesn't tip-toe around like the politicians that so many people on this board seem to adore, but so many of the things that he's proposing have been desperately needed in this country for decades now. Have fun living in Canada.

So what is he "planning on doing"? Other than say he's the greatest and he has awesome plans - what has he actually said he will do? He speaks with ZERO content other than to spew hatred and bigotry. He's an embarrassment to this country.

You speak of his bankruptcies as badges of honor because he tried. He impacted millions of people with each of those filings, which he admits he made out well financially by doing so. These are our fellow americans, you and I who are trying to work to feed ourselves and our families. Once, is a mistake - two, three and four more is just greed, poor business planning and strategy, and absolute selfishness.

Look into his promises to the folks in the communities in Scotland, and in Jersey City as well as other spots where he's done business. It's indicative of what we're up for if he gets a place in government. False promises that he can't deliver on. ZERO CONTENT.

He's a buffoon. You must not be a woman or have a wife, or more specifically a daughter. Would you be ok with him alluding to her to get on her knees to earn his business support? With him belittling her professional skills by calling her a bimbo?

Once again, you have no idea about anything business related. I'd like to see you go out and try to build a 10 billion dollar empire and see how many companies you bankrupt. I bet it will be more than 4. Much, much more.

"I'd like to see you do better" is hardly a stellar defense of Trump. And that seems needlessly inflammatory.

All I'm trying to say is that everybody acts like it's so easy and have absolutely no clue. And if he would have stepped back after his first bankruptcy he never would have built the enormous empire he did.

People can try to discredit him by saying he started with a lot so it was easy, but people who say that are morons, honestly.

And moraine, sorry, but I don't subscribe to the PC culture BS. Sometimes there's a right side and a wrong side, and this is one of those times.

All I'm trying to say is that everybody acts like it's so easy and have absolutely no clue. And if he would have stepped back after his first bankruptcy he never would have built the enormous empire he did.

People can try to discredit him by saying he started with a lot so it was easy, but people who say that are morons, honestly.

And moraine, sorry, but I don't subscribe to the PC culture BS. Sometimes there's a right side and a wrong side, and this is one of those times.

Matter of opinion on the right and wrong side HuskerShark - those who can't respect that people can have differences of opinions without belittling them and calling them names are the ones proving themselves to be uneducated and simple minded. With your comments here it's obvious that you represent the exact population that Trump has taken advantage of. God help us.

• Fire 1

Coach, in the event you've forgotten, this is what the electoral map looked like in 1972 for Nixon vs. McGovern:

1972_large.png

The final electoral tally was 520 to 17. That's pretty damn bad.

Reagan beat down Carter in '80 pretty badly as well, 489 to 49. There have been some pretty poor Dem candidates. Just because she's got awful unfavorables does not automatically make Clinton objectively the worst candidate ever. That relies on one's personal definition of "worst" You're entitled to yours, of course.

The Benghazi thing, however, is a joke. We've got multiple committee members openly coming out and admitting it's a political hatchet job. I'm not dismissing the lives lost, as I have the utmost respect for those in uniform. But Clinton's role in it? People should let it go.

"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right?" McCarthy told Hannity. "But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought."

Lets add....In my lifetime. :P

I was born in 1988.

This is why party affiliation matters. Politicians define themselves -- their rhetoric, their actions, the legislative agendas they will support or pursue -- by it. At the least there is enormous pressure to do so. And there is strength in numbers, so they will always coalesce into coalitions, de facto or otherwise.

McCain is an admirable man with a long and distinguished career in American politics. But he's still choosing to be a GOP man, in spite of the past six years or so.

McCain is a moderate and sane guy. For moderates and sanity, though, it will be a better result for him to lose his seat this November. I don't know how the GOP cornered themselves in like this, but I hope they sort it out soon. We deserve to be presented with better choices.

Matter of opinion on the right and wrong side HuskerShark - those who can't respect that people can have differences of opinions without belittling them and calling them names are the ones proving themselves to be uneducated and simple minded. With your comments here it's obvious that you represent the exact population that Trump has taken advantage of. God help us.

L. O. L. Wow.

I agree with you here. Hillary is about the worst candidate possible, and nearly all GOP candidates running this year could beat her...except for someone like Trump. I know many Conservatives who actually believed Trump was one of them, and he's already changing his tune on the minimum wage and other issues, and our choices are going to be a RINO-wannabe (Trump) vs a Socialist wannabe (Hillary). This will be the first time I am not voting for one of the two major party candidates, and if no viable 3rd Party candidate runs, I will just not vote for POTUS or do a write-in.

If Trump and his team had half a brain, they would stop insulting the GOP candidate he just beat and focus on unifying the party. Instead, he's continuing to lambast anyone that disagrees with him, and in the process is alienating the 60% of GOP primary voters that have never supported him. He acts like the burden is on everyone else just to get on board, but he's got to be making the effort to bring others along.

I agree with you here. Hillary is about the worst candidate possible, and nearly all GOP candidates running this year could beat her...except for someone like Trump. I know many Conservatives who actually believed Trump was one of them, and he's already changing his tune on the minimum wage and other issues, and our choices are going to be a RINO-wannabe (Trump) vs a Socialist wannabe (Hillary). This will be the first time I am not voting for one of the two major party candidates, and if no viable 3rd Party candidate runs, I will just not vote for POTUS or do a write-in.

If Trump and his team had half a brain, they would stop insulting the GOP candidate he just beat and focus on unifying the party. Instead, he's continuing to lambast anyone that disagrees with him, and in the process is alienating the 60% of GOP primary voters that have never supported him. He acts like the burden is on everyone else just to get on board, but he's got to be making the effort to bring others along.

All Trump ever wanted was attention and to sabotage the Republican party. If he happened to win the presidency in the process so be it.

• Fire 1

I am with you guys...I hate Trump too and it is clear that he hates women and minorities and it is clear that he is lucky to have any money...with that said...what questions do you want to see him attack Hillary with during the debates? I will start...

1. Will you how the American people your #$#*!A because everyone in America thinks you are a man and that you have a *&$*S.