The Repub Debate

So, now we have a guy who has been married three times. The first time he cheated on his wife, got a divorce and was married to his mistress for less than a year 6 years and then just couldn't handle her anymore. He's married to his third wife now.

And...he is attacking someone else for problems in their marriage.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Well...if you think about it he fixed his marriage problems.

Bill and his Husband just live a total lie.

So.....he was/is a slime ball that cheated on his wife and only after Ivana blew up and filed for divorce did he "fix his marriage". But, he somehow thinks it's noble to attack another woman who has a slime ball for a husband.

Interesting.

Trump views marriage like buying cars. Buy a younger model every few years.

Not perfect but IMO, better than treating a marriage like a political stepping stone.

Like Trump is doing by bringing up other people's marriages?

If you were him, would you not?

I wouldn't. I don't think Bernie has brought it up.

So, now we have a guy who has been married three times. The first time he cheated on his wife, got a divorce and was married to his mistress for less than a year 6 years and then just couldn't handle her anymore. He's married to his third wife now.

So.....he was/is a slime ball that cheated on his wife and only after Ivana blew up and filed for divorce did he "fix his marriage". But, he somehow thinks it's noble to attack another woman who has a slime ball for a husband.

Interesting.

Not perfect but IMO, better than treating a marriage like a political stepping stone.

People in glass houses and such......

I almost feel bad for Ryan in this whole deal. From the outside looking in, it's clear that he (and other prominent Republicans) are clearly beside themselves that their electorate was idiotic enough to nominate such a horribly unelectable candidate. But he obviously can't just come out and say that, as he's got to be the face of the party. I think he'd much rather bow out of convention proceedings and withhold an endorsement altogether. A lot of really important Pubs want to take their ball and go home, and let Trump sink or swim on his own.

I don't agree with Ryan politically, but he's one of respectable Republicans. It feels like Schadenfreude to watch the GOP establishment imploding over how to handle this nutjob.

Interesting.

Exactly...

It's just like the "lyin Ted" crap. Trump has been caught lyin so much it makes your head spin but people keep lapping it up.

And...no....I wouldn't bring it up especially if I were a cheating slime ball like Trump.

But...Trump uses this tactic when he knows he can't speak intelligently on issues.

Interesting.

Exactly...

It's just like the "lyin Ted" crap. Trump has been caught lyin so much it makes your head spin but people keep lapping it up.

And...no....I wouldn't bring it up especially if I were a cheating slime ball like Trump.

But...Trump uses this tactic when he knows he can't speak intelligently on issues.

Would you bring it up if your marriage was "clean"

Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with politics. JFK was a huge whore and so were his brothers but by most accounts JFK is looked at in a very positive light.

With that said...I would bring up anything and everything I could to win if I was running.

Always make sure your house is clean before criticizing others about theirs.

If only everyone actually used that practice.

Soooooo.......

You think people shouldn't be quick to attack people on a personal level who make mistakes or whose lives aren't perfect because their lives probably aren't perfect or they have also made the same type of mistakes.

........but...........you fully support your candidate doing that.

Interesting.

• Fire 3

Soooooo.......

You think people shouldn't be quick to attack people on a personal level who make mistakes or whose lives aren't perfect because their lives probably aren't perfect or they have also made the same type of mistakes.

Interesting.

You keep using the word interesting...but I don't think it is the word you really want to use :)

Soooooo.......

Interesting.

If you read his book (The Art of The Deal) you'd understand why he does those things. He establishes himself as the alpha in order to sell himself as the strongest candidate, which is why he's a great negotiator.

A really great book that explains this method of positioning yourself as the alpha in a position is "Pitch Anything" by Oren Klaff. It's all about sales and negotiation on a daily basis, which is what it takes to be an effective business-man (big business at least). Like it or not, people can take as many swipes at him as they want, but there are lots of reasons why he has achieved the level of success that he has in his life. Inheritance and bankruptcy aren't high on that list.

Soooooo.......

Interesting.

If you read his book (The Art of The Deal) you'd understand why he does those things. He establishes himself as the alpha in order to sell himself as the strongest candidate, which is why he's a great negotiator.

A really great book that explains this method of positioning yourself as the alpha in a position is "Pitch Anything" by Oren Klaff. It's all about sales and negotiation on a daily basis, which is what it takes to be an effective business-man (big business at least). Like it or not, people can take as many swipes at him as they want, but there are lots of reasons why he has achieved the level of success that he has in his life. Inheritance and bankruptcy aren't high on that list.

I just threw up a little.

Sooooo.......

Buuuttt........you fully support your candidate doing that because he has established superiority over you and you must follow him to establish your own sense of worthiness?

Am I on the right track?????

Interesting.....(Dang...I can't help using that word)

Soooooo.......

Interesting.

I just threw up a little.

Sooooo.......

Buuuttt........you fully support your candidate doing that because he has established superiority over you and you must follow him to establish your own sense of worthiness?

Am I on the right track?????

Interesting.....(Dang...I can't help using that word)

I don't think you took my comment about "if only everyone actually used that practice" the way I intended it. That comment was meant to be facetious about how people in this thread put silly expectations on Presidential candidates that they couldn't live up to themselves.