Democratic Election Thread

So if Hillary was in the wrong/lied/covered up...however you would like to phrase it...what should be her punishment?

Whatever the punishments for treason, perjury, etc are. Fine, jail time, etc.

But why even ask? She'll never go to prison even if it comes out that she was in the wrong. She'll get pardoned like every other politician. When Bush came into office he pardoned all the Clinton-era people from further investigation/retribution, and when Obama took office he did the same thing. The next president, whichever party they're from, will do the same.

I'll see a jail cell over Benghazi before Hillary does.

No more death sentence for that...so life in prison...serving at least 40 years.

Goodness. Don't look at the comment section below that video.

I looked. I should know better.

Here's an example of the "discourse" on that site:

lq1h7Wz.jpg

They forgot to place a fake mustache on Hillary. I'm more concern about Trump than Hillary (or any other candidate) in that comparison.

lq1h7Wz.jpg

They forgot to place a fake mustache on Hillary. I'm more concern about Trump than Hillary (or any other candidate) in that comparison.

You know Hillary shaves her stache!

There's a few things going on here. First, I don't think Hillary or Bill are very clean politicians. You scratch a little of that shiny veneer off and you'll find plenty of dirt.

Second, it's sad that people feel the need to ambush politicians like this. They do because they otherwise have no choice - you'll rarely get a chance to talk to them, and if you do, you'll get some canned answer. A friend of mine was in Washington last week to meet with Senators & Congresspersons, and met with Aide after Aide after Aide. He met with one of the eight people he was supposed to, and got a bunch of canned answers and a form letter in response (not joking).

Third, even though I deplore the need to do things like this, and it's clear these people had an agenda to push rather than answers to get, they should have let Bill answer. That answer could have done this country a lot of good in deciding on our next president.

As the man continued to talk, audience members yelled at him to sit down. “Are you going to let me answer?” Clinton asked. “This is America. I get to answer,” he said. “You listen to me. I heard you,” Clinton snapped as the man turned around and began addressing the crowd.

“I heard your speech. They heard your speech. You listen to me now,” Clinton said, his voice cracking.

“Am I allowed to answer? I’m not your commander in chief anymore but if I were, I’d tell you to be more polite and sit down.”

“I wouldn’t listen!” the man shouted in return.

“Do you have the courage to listen to my answer? Don’t throw him out. Shut up and listen to my answer. I’ll answer it,” Clinton said as the man was pushed out of the gymnasium by sheriff’s deputies.

“Can I just saying something? That’s what’s wrong: his mind has been poisoned by lies and he won’t listen,” Clinton said.

A woman just jumped up and began shouting at the former president.

“Hillary lied over four coffins,” she said as a man near her yelled “bullsh#t.”

“She lied and she lied to those families. So all those families are liars?” she said as Clinton tried to stop her and a Secret Service agent moved closer to the former president.

“Did she lie?” the woman said as Clinton responded, “Will you let me answer?”

“No,” he said. “Why are you afraid to listen to my answer?” Clinton said.

“Are you afraid?” he asked her. “No I’m not afraid because I know you’re going to lie,” she responded.

The video shows her then forcibly removed from the room. Clinton never did answer.

"Clinton never did answer."

Well, of course not. The people had their say, the woman was taken out, and the "crisis" was averted. No reason to answer at that point.

I think the Benghazi thing is a ridiculous witch-hunt. But the VA question is a good one, and needs to be answered. That situation is 100x more shameful than Benghazi.

Agree 100%. But more than Bill and Hillary need to answer the VA question. Too many administrations gave lip service the vets and they end up wt the sorry care of the VA. The video is gottcha politics at its best. As you note it is impossible to answer in that situation.

lq1h7Wz.jpg

You know Hillary shaves her stache!

Wow - the plot thickens - maybe there is a genealogy link between the 2????

Agree 100%. But more than Bill and Hillary need to answer the VA question. Too many administrations gave lip service the vets and they end up wt the sorry care of the VA. The video is gottcha politics at its best. As you note it is impossible to answer in that situation.

Yeah, every administration since FDR has kicked that can down the road. It's horrible. A few years ago Jon Stewart tried to shame the Obama Administration into doing something with some pretty pointed pieces on The Daily Show. It got some attention, got a couple of wheels moving a little, and then I haven't heard anything about any kind of momentum on it in a year or two.

• Fire 1

Honestly, though - that's one of the best pictures I've ever seen of Hillary.

Knapp hold down you passions now. :wub:

Yes, she doesn't look as bad as she normally does :dunno Yes, it is a good pic of her.

Speaking of that.

One thing that absolutely drives my wife crazy about her is when she was first lady, she was always fixed up really nice. Then, she became Secretary of State and there were times where she just simply looked like she didn't give a crap what she looked like. NOW.....she is back on the Whitehouse trail and what do you know.......she looks all dolled up again.