Until Next Time Lincoln

Crazy game. Some Jekyl and Hyde like quarters for these two teams.

Thought I'd part with a couple post game thoughts:

I thought Tommy Armstrong looked much improved as a passer when he had time to throw. BYU wasn't getting any pressure that first quarter and TA was nails on those timing routes. It wasn't until Bronco mixed up the blitz packages and started bringing guys from all over that he regressed to the TA of last year. Your inexperienced line will get better. Also, it looked as though you found a bit of a run game in the second half. I know Spielman and crew made a big deal over it, but I don't think it was coincidental that it improved once Tuiloma went out.

My heart is broken for Taysom. All world athlete with crazy potential all for naught because he is made of glass. There is BYU Photo of Mitch Matthews presenting him a game ball in the locker room and Taysom is crying. Bronco said he suffered the lisfranc injury on the TD run. He went and had the foot taped and continued to play until that awkward slide forced him to stop. I think you guys saw glimpses of why he is so special.

I know most of you don't think much of BYU, but I think we have a decent squad. It will be interesting to see how the rest of September goes without Hill, but I am encouraged by what I saw out of Mangum. I don't believe there should be any shame in losing to us. But that's just me. You won't face the height of BYU's receivers the rest of the year. You have some playmakers on your team. I think you will be just fine. I knew that there would be some growing pains with a new system for you guys. Many scoffed at that. But the penalties, especially those procedural ones are reflective of that. Those will work themselves out with more familiarity with the system. But they were a killer tonight. Give your OL more experience and design some protection schemes to allow TA to throw and incorporate more options for him to run and you'll be fine.

Anyway, you all are a hospitable bunch. Thanks for entertaining me the last couple days.

• Fire 5

Great game, Jimmer. Your guys played well. Taysom was as advertised, and aside from the fact that he was torching our team, he was a lot of fun to watch. Really, really sorry that he got hurt.

Thanks for the conversation all month, and good luck the rest of the season. Hopefully Mangum gets in the groove right away.

I thought Tommy Armstrong looked much improved as a passer when he had time to throw. BYU wasn't getting any pressure that first quarter and TA was nails on those timing routes. It wasn't until Bronco mixed up the blitz packages and started bringing guys from all over that he regressed to the TA of last year. Your inexperienced line will get better. Also, it looked as though you found a bit of a run game in the second half. I know Spielman and crew made a big deal over it, but I don't think it was coincidental that it improved once Tuiloma went out.

My heart is broken for Taysom. All world athlete with crazy potential all for naught because he is made of glass. There is BYU Photo of Mitch Matthews presenting him a game ball in the locker room and Taysom is crying. Bronco said he suffered the lisfranc injury on the TD run. He went and had the foot taped and continued to play until that awkward slide forced him to stop. I think you guys saw glimpses of why he is so special.

I know most of you don't think much of BYU, but I think we have a decent squad. It will be interesting to see how the rest of September goes without Hill, but I am encouraged by what I saw out of Mangum. I don't believe there should be any shame in losing to us. But that's just me. You won't face the height of BYU's receivers the rest of the year. You have some playmakers on your team. I think you will be just fine. I knew that there would be some growing pains with a new system for you guys. Many scoffed at that. But the penalties, especially those procedural ones are reflective of that. Those will work themselves out with more familiarity with the system. But they were a killer tonight. Give your OL more experience and design some protection schemes to allow TA to throw and incorporate more options for him to run and you'll be fine.

Anyway, you all are a hospitable bunch. Thanks for entertaining me the last couple days.

Completely agree Jimmer. Y'all got a good squad that will be a pain for others to deal with.

Good game. You guys are a well coached bunch. I really hope you beat the pants off of everybody else so we look better. Good luck the rest of the season, I will be rooting for you.