What can brown do for you?

kshusker89

It's pretty amazing to see how many people are perfect in their life and their job. Drew didn't get his part done and he knows that more than anybody. Everyone messes up but he is being a man and taking ownership of that. He had a great camp ask anyone who was around for it. He will bounce back and will be a great kicker for us. People need to calm down and take a deep breathe. This is only a game.

It just pisses me off when people come on this board and call out players by name. What is HE supposed to do? Bench himself? It's the coach's call. He is a kicker and I am pretty sure he did his best. Just as I am pretty sure every other player out there is doing his best.

I understand that the point here is to talk about Husker football, but I think it can be done without being openly critical of, and naming players individually. It's fair to say, the O-line needs more experience. It's fair to say the special teams need work. But to put that loss on one player? Really? What if one of the penalties earlier killed a drive that might have resulted in game winning TD? What if one or more of the passes that was dropped would have resulted in a first down thus keeping a drive going resulting in a TD? What if the Huskers could have gotten a first down on one of those 3rd and short plays and kept a drive going, eventually resulting in a TD? And of course things could have been done differently on the last play...you get my point. It's a team loss so calling out one player seems pretty dumb. If the coaches think personnel changes need to be made, then they will make them.

The coaches get paid to do their job...I believe it's okay to call them out. When you buy your tickets, when you buy your Adidas gear, part of the money goes in their pocket and I think you have a right to complain about them. But the kids are out there playing their hearts out and I don't think anyone should call them out on a message board.

• Fire 5

Even if Brown makes all his field goals in the BYU game, we don't automatically win. We go to overtime, and if BYU went for two on the Hail Mary and made it, we still lose if Brown's perfect on the day.

Maybe give the guy a break, huh? He's doing all right. Sheesh.

That's not true at all. Because if he makes those FG's, it flips the field position and makes BYU potentially start further back causing them to have to drive further, chew more clock, etc.

The whole game is different if he makes those FG's. That's not to say Nebraska wins. It just means that nothing is the same if he makes them

Even if Brown makes all his field goals in the BYU game, we don't automatically win. We go to overtime, and if BYU went for two on the Hail Mary and made it, we still lose if Brown's perfect on the day.

That's not true at all. Because if he makes those FG's, it flips the field position and makes BYU potentially start further back causing them to have to drive further, chew more clock, etc.

The whole game is different if he makes those FG's. That's not to say Nebraska wins. It just means that nothing is the same if he makes them

The bolded parts of both posts are all that matters.

If Brown makes those FGs, it doesn't mean Nebraska wins.

The bolded parts of both posts are all that matters.

If Brown makes those FGs, it doesn't mean Nebraska wins.

My point is that Knapplc thinks we go into OT with BYU when that isn't the case