What can brown do for you?

kshusker89

Even if Brown makes all his field goals in the BYU game, we don't automatically win. We go to overtime, and if BYU went for two on the Hail Mary and made it, we still lose if Brown's perfect on the day.

Maybe give the guy a break, huh? He's doing all right. Sheesh.

That's not true at all. Because if he makes those FG's, it flips the field position and makes BYU potentially start further back causing them to have to drive further, chew more clock, etc.

The whole game is different if he makes those FG's. That's not to say Nebraska wins. It just means that nothing is the same if he makes them

So Brown makes both field goals and we kick off after the last one. Four of Brown's five kickoffs resulted in a touchback, so on the last drive, BYU would have started at the 25 instead of the 24. Negligible difference there.

Or he kicks it short, necessitating a return. At that point BYU's plan changes and they throw further downfield earlier in the drive. They still had 48 seconds to work with, meaning more than enough time to matriculate downfield for a Hail Mary attempt.

It's not a fait accompli that if he makes those FGs we win. BYU has shown, twice now, that they can come back and win games. Their WRs are a handful.

Definitely would have been better if he'd have made those kicks. But making them doesn't give us a win. It makes the situation different.

Even if Brown makes all his field goals in the BYU game, we don't automatically win. We go to overtime, and if BYU went for two on the Hail Mary and made it, we still lose if Brown's perfect on the day.

That's not true at all. Because if he makes those FG's, it flips the field position and makes BYU potentially start further back causing them to have to drive further, chew more clock, etc.

The whole game is different if he makes those FG's. That's not to say Nebraska wins. It just means that nothing is the same if he makes them

The bolded parts of both posts are all that matters.

If Brown makes those FGs, it doesn't mean Nebraska wins.

My point is that Knapplc thinks we go into OT with BYU when that isn't the case

Of course we do. Brown makes both kicks, it's 34-27, and a TD/extra point puts us in overtime.

There's no reason that making those kicks negates the Hail Mary attempt. They had more than enough time left to get downfield after our last drive, made FG or not.

The bolded parts of both posts are all that matters.

If Brown makes those FGs, it doesn't mean Nebraska wins.

My point is that Knapplc thinks we go into OT with BYU when that isn't the case

Of course we do. Brown makes both kicks, it's 34-27, and a TD/extra point puts us in overtime.

There's no reason that making those kicks negates the Hail Mary attempt. They had more than enough time left to get downfield after our last drive, made FG or not.

Maybe we don't. If Brown makes his first FG, the complexion of the game is different. Plays are called differently, the halftime score is different, time on the clock is different. everything is different. That is what I am trying to say. You can't say if Brown makes both FG's, they still make the hail mary because everything is different up to that point.

Maybe we don't. If Brown makes his first FG, the complexion of the game is different. Plays are called differently, the halftime score is different, time on the clock is different. everything is different. That is what I am trying to say. You can't say if Brown makes both FG's, they still make the hail mary because everything is different up to that point.

The hail mary is still in play if both field goals are made. It's still a one-score game. Of course nobody has any idea if they make that play, but there's no reason they can't.

All I'm trying to say is, missing the field goals didn't cost us the game.

The hail mary is still in play if both field goals are made. It's still a one-score game. Of course nobody has any idea if they make that play, but there's no reason they can't.

I think you have missed my point so I will let it be.

For the record, I'm not disagreeing with your point. Definitely agree that if he makes those field goals it changes things.

For the record, I'm not disagreeing with your point. Definitely agree that if he makes those field goals it changes things.

If he makes the first FG, it changes damn near everything.

• 2 weeks later...