Where is Adam Taylor?

Lol -- yeah, you're right about that. Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Stanton doing well at a school like Fresno State

Johnny Stanton fell a little bit farther than that.

He is now playing for the Saddleback College Gauchos. In his first starting game, against Cerritos, Johnny was 12 for 27 passing, 127 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT.

14 rushing attempts for 71 yards, 2 TDs, 3 fumbles, 1 lost.

That is probably a junior college. A lot of guys will go that route to get in some real game time, while looking for a 4-year college to transfer to the following season.
It is a JUCO, but wow are those some bad numbers...
Not great numbers but he hasn't had many reps the past 3 years. This is a guy who missed most of his senior year of high school due to a torn ACL and then was buried on the depth chart at NU.
I know all of that, I just think maybe that is a snap shot into why two coaching staffs thought he was our 5th best QB.
Very true. I'm rooting for the kid. Seems like a good guy who enjoyed his time at NU, as a student.

Lol -- yeah, you're right about that. Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Stanton doing well at a school like Fresno State

Johnny Stanton fell a little bit farther than that.

He is now playing for the Saddleback College Gauchos. In his first starting game, against Cerritos, Johnny was 12 for 27 passing, 127 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT.

14 rushing attempts for 71 yards, 2 TDs, 3 fumbles, 1 lost.

That is probably a junior college. A lot of guys will go that route to get in some real game time, while looking for a 4-year college to transfer to the following season.
It is a JUCO, but wow are those some bad numbers...
Not great numbers but he hasn't had many reps the past 3 years. This is a guy who missed most of his senior year of high school due to a torn ACL and then was buried on the depth chart at NU.
I know all of that, I just think maybe that is a snap shot into why two coaching staffs thought he was our 5th best QB.
Very true. I'm rooting for the kid. Seems like a good guy who enjoyed his time at NU, as a student.

Me too.

Newby needs work on vision and cuts. Guessing the staff specifically wanted to rep him in an "easy" game. Next week will be interesting. Newby missing holes? Wilbon missing blocks?

agree, Newby lacks Ameer vision, clearly, maybe he will improve, but 28 carries each game and he wont make it half way through the schedule.

We really need to stop comparing the current RB's and our future ones to Ameer. If you haven't figured it out yet Ameer was and is a special RB, one of the best this football program has seen. Newby did a great job last night, yeah he's no Ameer and that's ok. He's still a damn good back (when the O-line gives him some blocking).

• Fire 2

Newby needs work on vision and cuts. Guessing the staff specifically wanted to rep him in an "easy" game. Next week will be interesting. Newby missing holes? Wilbon missing blocks?

agree, Newby lacks Ameer vision, clearly, maybe he will improve, but 28 carries each game and he wont make it half way through the schedule.

Ameer was very good but not great until his senior season.

You are crazy if you think Ameer wasn't great until his Senior season. You are just wrong.

You are crazy if you think Ameer wasn't great until his Senior season. You are just wrong.

No I'm not. Granted, people use words differently. He was making cuts his senior year like never before. He went from very good to great. Or you could say he went from great to super duper great. Semantics. I think most people thought he should not enter the draft early, and not just because we were selfish.

A better way to compare than these words is to say whether Newby is as good as Abdullah was his junior year. I have a bad memory but I'd say not quite. The thing is, Abdullah played a lot more during his sophomore year than Newby did. He started 7 games because Burkhead was injured.

I'd like to see this offense with DPE and Carter that's what I want for Xmas and I'm sure all the backs have the ability to run between the tackles. If they cover up the ball and fight for every inch than you win football games. That's what I miss the most is triple option FB dive if they don't stop the run you have congrol of the clock and that's when play action or the deep ball.I do hope we get to see Taylor because I've followed this team closely and he definitely seemed like he had the tools out of hs

It could be that Adam is having difficulty getting into game shape after missing a year with injury and redshirting the previous year.

Or maybe Riley is cycling through our RBs. And well see Adam Taylor take the field soon. We have a wealth of great RBs this year. They can't all play every week.

Abdullah looked like the RB we know and love right after Rex's injury if I recall correctly. Once he began starting I was amazed how he too was able to make something out of nothing just like Rex did so many times.