Have you seen me?

Hujan

Did he shoot Riley's dog?

Newly looks tentative and doesn't finish his runs. Far too much hesitation. Wilbon has far more upside. Let's give him a chance.

I like Wilbon a lot, but have to wonder if the style of offense is conducive to any running back being successful. I think we'll have to be far more dominating on the line and knock off the dumb penalties on every big play instead of trying to dink and dunk our way down the field.

Did he shoot Riley's dog?

Newly looks tentative and doesn't finish his runs. Far too much hesitation. Wilbon has far more upside. Let's give him a chance.

I like Wilbon a lot, but have to wonder if the style of offense is conducive to any running back being successful. I think we'll have to be far more dominating on the line and knock off the dumb penalties on every big play instead of trying to dink and dunk our way down the field.

That's what scares me. Cally 2.0 We have tons of "talent" on RB. Maybe potential is a better word. Game 3 and we look to a have the worst RB's that I can remember in recent years. Can't understand how we went from RB by committee to Newby being the guy....

Newby's problem seems to be less with his talent and more (way more) with the O-line

The O-line isn't helping when media guys, especially someone like Benning, say that Newby doesn't get the most out of his runs means a lot to me. He really struggles when he gets to the 2nd level and hasn't broken any long runs through 3 games this year.

Long runs are great, but I would much prefer a sustained, time consuming drive gaining 5-6 yards per run that wears down the defense. When you can do that, the long runs will happen.

• Fire 1

Newby's problem seems to be less with his talent and more (way more) with the O-line

The O-line isn't helping when media guys, especially someone like Benning, say that Newby doesn't get the most out of his runs means a lot to me. He really struggles when he gets to the 2nd level and hasn't broken any long runs through 3 games this year.

Long runs are great, but I would much prefer a sustained, time consuming drive gaining 5-6 yards per run that wears down the defense. When you can do that, the long runs will happen.
What happened with NU's offense tonight when they tried to have time long, sustained drives? Oh yeah, there were dropped passes, penalties, bad routes and other mistakes that led to NU scoring 3 points in the first half. NU started scoring points in the 4th after starting to hit big plays. I'm not sure if it was due to a prevent defense, but getting 4,5,6 yards per play is not the answer.

Just for comparison, last year Ameer averaged 6.5 yards per carry against Miami. Today Newby averaged 5.9. That's not a huge difference. But Ameer got 21 more carries last year than Newby got this year.

Speaking to HuskerfaninOkieland's point, It's also quite possible that if you give a guy more carries, the bigger plays are more likely to show up. This year we ran it 41% of the time against Miami. Last year it was 80%. Some of that had to do with how the game unfolded no doubt. But that's quite the disparity.

Just for comparison, last year Ameer averaged 6.5 yards per carry against Miami. Today Newby averaged 5.9. That's not a huge difference. But Ameer got 21 more carries last year than Newby got this year.

Speaking to HuskerfaninOkieland's point, It's also quite possible that if you give a guy more carries, the bigger plays are more likely to show up. This year we ran it 41% of the time against Miami. Last year it was 80%. Some of that had to do with how the game unfolded no doubt. But that's quite the disparity.

It just seems when the offense is able to move the ball on the ground effectively, throwing the ball sparingly to keep the defense honest, the Huskers tend to have more success. At least that's how it appears to me

I would have liked to see more of Wilbon too. But I don't dislike Newby. I think the OL has not come together yet. Maybe it will take a few more games, or never.

I think it is more appropriate to compare Newby with Ameer's sophomore season, then to compare to AA's senior season. Even then he had defenses keying on TMart and Rex helping him out on the sidelines.