poor performance

I'll just start by saying the fact that our beloved huskers fought back and took the game into ot was awesome, but it was a horrible performance the defense looked awful it was almost like they weren't even there. It felt like Cosgrove was back the o line couldn't block anybody, and do I need to even mention the stupid penalties? Fact is, it was not husker football they looked pathetic if our team played to their potential I feel like we could have easly won the game. I want to give Mike a chance, but things need to be fixed and sooner rather than later

Felt like the defense got beat up. Hard to realize they gave up 3 touchdowns all day. 2 in the first quarter and 1 the rest of the game. Is that right?

Also, Miami had a punter that boomed the heck out of the ball, and FG kicker went 5 for 5. I guess if the Hurricanes could have scored more TDs, they would have. So in some strange regards, the defense tightened up and did a decent job keeping them out of the end zone.

Felt like the defense got beat up. Hard to realize they gave up 3 touchdowns all day. 2 in the first quarter and 1 the rest of the game. Is that right?

Also, Miami had a punter that boomed the heck out of the ball, and FG kicker went 5 for 5. I guess if the Hurricanes could have scored more TDs, they would have. So in some strange regards, the defense tightened up and did a decent job keeping them out of the end zone.

yes. That is right. On par in yards and points with what the defensive guru gave up to this tram last year.

I think a lot of people got too caught up with a simpler scheme and penetration and playing faster and immediately thought 90s blackshirts. But if you know football and watch football yards are gained and points are scored. 9-6 games like Missouri and Uconn today are not the norm. Bama/ole miss and miami/nebraska are.

Yeah our defense has to be better. So does every other facet. But it wasnt the cosgrovian disaster folks are makin it out to be. Miami scored 14 points inthe first 5 minutes and only 19 the rest of the way. I was actually impressed with the personnel adjustments and the grind it out attitude by the D. My biggest gripe was leaving Davie in one possession too long.

• Fire 1

I think a lot of people got too caught up with a simpler scheme and penetration and playing faster and immediately thought 90s blackshirts.

Bingo. I've been wondering about this for months. I didn't see any reason why/how our current staff would be able to coach up a defense to anything even close to a top 10 level, and I think people have been so quick to be optimistic that they kind of gloss over it.

Yeah our defense has to be better. So does every other facet. But it wasnt the cosgrovian disaster folks are makin it out to be.

Forget 2007. That year was an anomaly. The real Cosgrovian disasters were the games that just kinda sorta a little made you feel like you were in it, but really had no chance of ever actually winning you the game.

2006 USC, perfect example. 2006 Oklahoma, also a great example. This game felt a lot like those games on the defensive side of the ball. The demoralization of being nickel and dimed is very Cosgrovian in my head, and I think people better get used to it because there's nothing to show us that it's going to look much different.

Unfortunately the stupid penalties, bad QB decisions, dropped passes, poor blocking, one aspect of the defense getting torched, and questionable play calling HAS become Nebraska football, and especially in games that matter.

Al Golden tried coaching that game away and Miami let off the pedal. I'll give props to our team for clawing back and buckling down, but no moral victories here either. Walking out of the stadium some fans were saying how Pelini teams would've rolled over, pretty short sighted considering some of the comebacks his team's mounted, a few wins and a few near wins. That effort is nothing new.

I feel bad singling individuals out but there were 4 players today that made glaring mistakes and some repititive mistakes that fit an individual's MO. It's very unfortunate how key leaders are making these errors.

The staff's decision making and schemes are the biggest thing bugging me right now. I bought into the hire from the get go, thought things would change. I still like the staff, I will support them, and give them time to transition with "their" recruits, but put the "these aren't their players" argument aside, the mistakes they are making are cause and effect of our struggles. I believed a 10-2 record was plausible and coaching would be the difference to put the team in position to win. So far, these coaches haven't held up to their end of the bargain and need to prove that Eichorst made the right decision.

Hoping things can click once we hit B1G schedule and start seeing that growth. Need to give Tommy more time in the pocket, he needs to play through pressure in the pocket too and not revert to bad mechanics. Defense needs to balance out and play makers need to really show up.

That is why I prefer to stop the run instead of the pass if we can't do both. If a team can run the ball they will score TDs. Long pass plays look flashy, but if the long play does not end in a TD, the drive often results in a FG.

• Fire 1

I think a lot of people got too caught up with a simpler scheme and penetration and playing faster and immediately thought 90s blackshirts.

Bingo. I've been wondering about this for months. I didn't see any reason why/how our current staff would be able to coach up a defense to anything even close to a top 10 level, and I think people have been so quick to be optimistic that they kind of gloss over it.

Yeah our defense has to be better. So does every other facet. But it wasnt the cosgrovian disaster folks are makin it out to be.

Forget 2007. That year was an anomaly. The real Cosgrovian disasters were the games that just kinda sorta a little made you feel like you were in it, but really had no chance of ever actually winning you the game.

2006 USC, perfect example. 2006 Oklahoma, also a great example. This game felt a lot like those games on the defensive side of the ball. The demoralization of being nickel and dimed is very Cosgrovian in my head, and I think people better get used to it because there's nothing to show us that it's going to look much different.

IMO the worst BC Cosgrove stat is that we never won a game when we trailed at halftime.

yes. That is right. On par in yards and points with what the defensive guru gave up to this tram last year.

I think a lot of people got too caught up with a simpler scheme and penetration and playing faster and immediately thought 90s blackshirts. But if you know football and watch football yards are gained and points are scored. 9-6 games like Missouri and Uconn today are not the norm. Bama/ole miss and miami/nebraska are.

Yeah our defense has to be better. So does every other facet. But it wasnt the cosgrovian disaster folks are makin it out to be. Miami scored 14 points inthe first 5 minutes and only 19 the rest of the way. I was actually impressed with the personnel adjustments and the grind it out attitude by the D. My biggest gripe was leaving Davie in one possession too long.

Miami started playing conservative even in the first half. If they wouldn't have they would have blown Nebraska out.

I believed a 10-2 record was plausible and coaching would be the difference to put the team in position to win. So far, these coaches haven't held up to their end of the bargain and need to prove that Eichorst made the right decision.

Wait. So you're upset because you personally decided the successful metric for the season and the coaches haven't held up their end of an imaginary bargain with you that they didn't know about?

Say it with me guys. This. Stuff. Takes. Time.

Also, you thought coaching would be the difference to put us in a position to win? We've played 3 games. We've been in position to win all 3.