Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

Alex Lewis isn't a NFL talent

You are wrong, we have NFL talent across the board.

We really don't. Steve Taylor mentioned last night that he doesn't even think we have an all conference player on our team right now. He said that the Jimmies and Joes just aren't here to compete and be at the level we need to be.

Yes, I heard him and I agree, I was being sarcastic..

Lol. That flew way over my head then. :thumbs

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but this is very disturbing. Putting myself into Lewis's shoes I wouldn't say "we suck" if I felt like I personally played poorly. If so I'd just skulk off the field and keep my mouth shut. I take his comment to mean we suck but feels it's not really his fault or maybe not even his teammates fault which logically means it's the coaches fault. If some players feel that way and aren't buying into the new staff that would explain some things. This isn't the first time I've gotten the sense that these players aren't giving it their all. I think Riley won't have success until he gets his own players recruited. Not because he needs certain players to fit his offense or defense, just to flush out some current players. Someone please interpret some other way so I don't feel this way.

He wont be successful until his players he recruits in here.. This is the worst excuse I ever here people make.. I mean the coach he is replacing was what 9-4- 10-4 and 10-4 all with players he didnt recruit?

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but this is very disturbing. Putting myself into Lewis's shoes I wouldn't say "we suck" if I felt like I personally played poorly. If so I'd just skulk off the field and keep my mouth shut. I take his comment to mean we suck but feels it's not really his fault or maybe not even his teammates fault which logically means it's the coaches fault. If some players feel that way and aren't buying into the new staff that would explain some things. This isn't the first time I've gotten the sense that these players aren't giving it their all. I think Riley won't have success until he gets his own players recruited. Not because he needs certain players to fit his offense or defense, just to flush out some current players. Someone please interpret some other way so I don't feel this way.

He wont be successful until his players he recruits in here.. This is the worst excuse I ever here people make.. I mean the coach he is replacing was what 9-4- 10-4 and 10-4 all with players he didnt recruit?

Do you think Tommy is the right quarterback for the offensive system that they are trying to run?

The recruiting excuse is used to much but there's some validity to it when you're talking about skill positions.

Yup because Suh is walking through the door tomorrow to suit up. It's two completely different situations with two different rosters. Bo inherited a roster full of talent can't say the same for Riley.

This roster has Talent. Anyone who thinks this team doesn't have talent is crazy.. And if this team doesn't have talent which most are saying is due to Pelini recruiting then Pelini must have been that much better of a coach then we thought.. Taking all these non talented teams to 9 win seasons.Some one was coaching the non talent this team didnt have up.

I love what Jano does from the fullback spot, but are you going to tell me hs is our most talented running back we have on this team.. Newby had 5 carries.. 5 carries after leading this team in carries 4 games into the season. 2nd in carries saturday was Ozigbo, seen him 1 time all year. Thats a hell of a coaching job we have here..

• Fire 1

How many games does Bo win the last two years without Ameer? Going to go out on a limb and say he wouldn't have reached the 9 win mark. As for Bo coaching them up I didn't realize he was an offensive coach, I could have sworn he worked with the defense since you know that was his forte. And how has that defense been since he lost Suh? not very good to say the least

How many games does Bo win the last two years without Ameer?

So now we're just going to cherry pick players and play what ifs?

As for Bo coaching them up I didn't realize he was an offensive coach, I could have sworn he worked with the defense since you know that was his forte.

He was head coach, responsible for the entire team. Just like Riley. Pay attention.

And how has that defense been since he lost Suh? not very good to say the least

They were pretty stout in 2010.

And never were they DFL in the nation in pass defense.

Do you think Tommy is the right quarterback for the offensive system that they are trying to run?

The recruiting excuse is used to much but there's some validity to it when you're talking about skill positions.

Then run a system the quarterback is comfortable running. Goodness even Brady Hoke went with a spread offense when he inherited Denard Robinson.

• Fire 1

As time rolls on, it is going to be apparent that there are some/a lot of players that should have been removed from the team. No, Illinois didn't win this game because they had more talent. A team can have all the talent in the land and still lose if that said talent is doing nothing more than going through the motions. There have been different players where we have clearly saw regression in their play from last year to this year. It was once blamed upon scheme or learning a new scheme. I'm not so sure this was correct.

Then run a system the quarterback is comfortable running. Goodness even Brady Hoke went with a spread offense when he inherited Denard Robinson.

I don't disagree but then you're asking coaches to teach and run a system that they aren't proficient with. It goes both ways.