NU 36 Miami 33-What would the headlines read?

ladyhawke

As I read all of the OWH articles on yesterday's game I wondered this: What if we WOULD have pulled off the win? What would the headlines have been? "The Exorcism of the 1984 Ghosts"?

We would still have played crappy the first three quarters, we would still have committed a huge number of penalties, we would still have had Miami pick our defense apart for 3 quarters.

I'm sure we would've been elated but the problems would still have been there. Why didn't we see that near stellar performance from the 4th quarter during the first 3 quarters? Why did it take us so long to get going?

Yeah, a win would've been sweet but would it have made that much difference? What say you HB?

husker overcome adversity and pull out greatest comeback in husker history

But it wasn't the greatest comeback in husker history. We've had others that made that game look like a cakewalk.

While it might've left us feeling better would it have made that much of a difference? Would a win have overshadowed the problems that our team has?

But it wasn't the greatest comeback in husker history. We've had others that made that game look like a cakewalk.

While it might've left us feeling better would it have made that much of a difference? Would a win have overshadowed the problems that our team has?

Our greatest comeback in school history, numerically, was 21 points to Ohio State in 2011. So from a math perspective it would have easily been the greatest.

From an "eyeball" perspective, I don't see how you couldn't think it would have still been the greatest. We were down by 3, possibly 4 scores with eight minutes left in the fourth quarter completely dead in the water. That's insane.

Our greatest comeback in school history, numerically, was 21 points to Ohio State in 2011. So from a math perspective it would have easily been the greatest.

From an "eyeball" perspective, I don't see how you couldn't think it would have still been the greatest. We were down by 3, possibly 4 scores with eight minutes left in the fourth quarter completely dead in the water. That's insane.

I agree with the 'eyeball' perspective but I was thinking of the Ohio St. come back as the greatest in the history of our game.

I agree with the 'eyeball' perspective but I was thinking of the Ohio St. come back as the greatest in the history of our game.

So what do you mean we've had other games that make this one look like a great cakewalk?

We were down by more, and with significantly less time to come back, than the greatest comeback in school history, and we did it. We even converted two two-point conversions along the way, and it wasn't against Joe Bauserman.

It would have been a great comeback win - one of the best and likely the biggest deficit overcome in 10 minutes ever! surely a headline of some sort reflecting it such as "Huskers' Incredible Rally!"

I do believe there is a exceedingly heavy dose of negativism in Husker Nation dating all the way back to Solich circa 2001! There are a few who can still find the bright side of things but it seems like about 80% of those commenting hereon are negative on about everything from the coaches to the players to their fellow board members, etc. I feel some of this may be due in no small measure to the overall negative status of America and its economy, political mess, social upheaval and etc. etc. It is true we have not had any real positive messages from our leaders since about 2001 either as 9/11 really took a toll on our collective psyche! I personally have experienced a very difficult last 6 years in business and family circumstances that has been life changing to say the least. Therefore, it would not be at all surprising were people that know me well to describe me as very pessimistic and depressed generally.

That being said, I am quite the contrary on my future outlook for Husker football. I believe Riley will be a very successful coach and leader over time. Many wrote about the likelihood of 'growing pains' and transitional issues and the problems of changing staffs, systems, schemes, etc etc etc. We are now in the process and it seems that there are many who may acknowledge they themselves predicted this turbulance and 'bumps in the road' but now that they are happening they seem surprised and disappointed. One should not be disappointed when something predicted and expected and anticipated occurs. In many ways, one should look at it as a relief as the change is finally happening. Change is traumatic and big change can be very much so. Still, after the change is implemented and the conditions have settled, the voyage can be much smoother and satisfying. It is the process which must happen before the healing and mending can be complete.

Let's see how the next three games go. then make another evaluation. I believe we will find reason to anticipate better times in the future. Go Big Red. The stadium will be full and cheering loudly in Lincoln Saturday and then if we can put a couple Ws in place, let the rocking begin for Wisconsin. I feel good about our chances.

• Fire 1

So what do you mean we've had other games that make this one look like a great cakewalk?

We were down by more, and with significantly less time to come back, than the greatest comeback in school history, and we did it. We even converted two two-point conversions along the way, and it wasn't against Joe Bauserman.

Well, what about these? http://journalstar.com/sports/football/was-saturday-the-king-of-all-husker-comebacks/article_6ff52f7d-13c0-5aa8-8753-07d399c600ac.html

I love hopping in the fake time machine to fake go back in time and fake win fake games so we can fake talking about fake winning and what fake headlines would fake read.

Have we really fallen so low as to start a topic asking what it would sound like if we actually had won a game? This thread makes me sad inside.

Exorcism of 1984 ghosts, that would be a good one.

I mean, just think about it: we were pretty up against the clock and we had to not only score three TDs, but make good on two 2-pt conversions. Fail one of them and we lose in regulation. We made both 2-pt conversions.

We had so much momentum going into OT, I was feeling pretty good about it. Just such a sucker punch.