Two things. Don't switch between wine and beer when you're drinking. And if you put your socks in your shoes they'll be easier to find in the dark when you're sneaking out of her room in the morning.

That's pretty much all you need to know. :thumbs:

• Fire 1

Two things. Don't switch between wine and beer when you're drinking. And if you put your socks in your shoes they'll be easier to find in the dark when you're sneaking out of her room in the morning.

Socks?? You must be old. It's much easier to just not wear socks at all. Nor underwear for that matter.

Socks?? You must be old. It's much easier to just not wear socks at all. Nor underwear for that matter.

Well I did go barefoot when I wore flip-flops at work all day Friday. But I nearly always wear my underwear. Or at least somebody's underwear. :lol:

When participating in a 100+ person all campus snowball fight, and the cops don their riot gear, don't get caught in the last group of people on the street. They always hide behind their cars and then arrest the last few people remaining when it's over. Don't be the last on the street.

Tip #2- Make friends with some strong guys. When you need a parking spot and can't find one, 3 or 4 strong guys can move a Volkswagen or MG midget lickety split. Did this 2 or 3 times in the parking lot east of Pound hall.

Make sure you go to class. 75% of doing well is just making it to class, which amazingly gets harder the less classtime you have.

Also, don't settle. When you go to college you immediately have very easy opportunities/temptations within arms reach that you don't have to work for at all - reach out beyond your zone a bit and find worthwhile people, activities, groups, etc. to get involved in.

So I just got accepted into my first choice of college (UNL), and I know a lot of you have done your time there, so I was wondering: Do you guys have any tips/stories of your prime time?

Ex: How to act/get tickets in the Student Section?

OP, tell us more about you, your background, goals, intended major, etc. It will help to give more personalized tips and insights.

Make sure you go to class. 75% of doing well is just making it to class, which amazingly gets harder the less classtime you have.

Also, don't settle. When you go to college you immediately have very easy opportunities/temptations within arms reach that you don't have to work for at all - reach out beyond your zone a bit and find worthwhile people, activities, groups, etc. to get involved in.

Well, since I spent much of my college years doing what most of the posts in this thread are talking about and regretted it later, I will go the route LOMS did.

1) Take college seriously. You are there for a reason and that reason is to get a good education, degree and a much better job after getting out than you would have when you entered. The way I did most of my college, I did not work towards that goal at all.

2) That doesn't mean you can't have fun. Just realize the work comes before the fun. Again, have fun. You will still look back and think this was one of the funnest parts of your life. Just make sure you take the rest seriously.

3) Get involved with people and organizations that help you, not hurt you. Don't hang out with too many people like me. Find the people in your major of interest that take it seriously. Have fun with them and motivate each other to do well.

I know...I sound like a 48 year old dad. Well...I am that. I just learned some things after looking back at my time there compared to other people's time there and theirs was much more beneficial to them long term.

You can absolutely get a GREAT education at UNL. You can also slide through getting nothing out of it. Make sure you are on the right side of that statement.

Well, since I spent much of my college years doing what most of the posts in this thread are talking about and regretted it later, I will go the route LOMS did.

1) Take college seriously. You are there for a reason and that reason is to get a good education, degree and a much better job after getting out than you would have when you entered. The way I did most of my college, I did not work towards that goal at all.

2) That doesn't mean you can't have fun. Just realize the work comes before the fun. Again, have fun. You will still look back and think this was one of the funnest parts of your life. Just make sure you take the rest seriously.

3) Get involved with people and organizations that help you, not hurt you. Don't hang out with too many people like me. Find the people in your major of interest that take it seriously. Have fun with them and motivate each other to do well.

I know...I sound like a 48 year old dad. Well...I am that. I just learned some things after looking back at my time there compared to other people's time there and theirs was much more beneficial to them long term.

You can absolutely get a GREAT education at UNL. You can also slide through getting nothing out of it. Make sure you are on the right side of that statement.

My advice comes from getting kicked out, going back a year later, and getting kicked out again, because I didn't do the things I'd advise others to do.