Did the Big Ten change your expectations?

teachercd

:koolaid2:

Expectations are a moving target. For me anyway. They've been getting lower every since the last championship we won. So, yeah, my expectations are lower now than five years ago. And they were lower five years ago than they were five years before that. And so on, back to 1997.

Don't forget 99 - our last conf championship - don't make the drought longer than what it is! :ahhhhhhhh .

Regarding expectations: The last 2 - 3 years of BO I've found I could no longer :koolaid2: drink the kool aid - so I'm more tempered and have a wait and see attitude. I hope for improvement every year, but I expect this to be a multi year process to finally end the drought of conf championships. It is obvious that the speed is missing. Yes, I thought we'd walk into the Big 10 and would have won a couple of cc by now. Maybe it speaks about how overrated the Big 12 was at the time - having competed in 2 CCG there under Bo.

:koolaid2:

Expectations are a moving target. For me anyway. They've been getting lower every since the last championship we won. So, yeah, my expectations are lower now than five years ago. And they were lower five years ago than they were five years before that. And so on, back to 1997.

Don't forget 99 - our last conf championship - don't make the drought longer than what it is! :ahhhhhhhh .

Ha ha! Yeah, back then wining a conference championship was no bid deal. It was expected.

Regarding expectations: The last 2 - 3 years of BO I've found I could no longer :koolaid2: drink the kool aid - so I'm more tempered and have a wait and see attitude. I hope for improvement every year, but I expect this to be a multi year process to finally end the drought of conf championships. It is obvious that the speed is missing. Yes, I thought we'd walk into the Big 10 and would have won a couple of cc by now. Maybe it speaks about how overrated the Big 12 was at the time - having competed in 2 CCG there under Bo.

I think this speaks to the parity of today's college football, and rapidly changing fortunes. This time last year the SEC was king and everyone thought the B1G was a relic of a bygone era. Fast forward to today: The SEC is looking terribly overrated. And the B1G has the top two teams in the nation. Go figure. :dunno:

During our last couple years in the Big 12 I was watching the Big 10. It was obvious to me at that point that the Big 10 was a meat grinder. Week in, week out it was a grind. And I thought that at least our team doesnt have to deal with that. Now that we do, I can see why the Conf title is so elusive. You have to be UP for a physical game every week. It wears on a team.