Banker = Cosgrove

Here are our weaknesses', Many still want to throw Banker under the bus and yet look what 408 gave him to work with. I love the kids and they are doing the best that they can,but for the most part, nobody of any substance wanted most of these kids. Its TALENT!!! Banker is working with 408's grocery's to make his meals. Wait until he makes a couple of trips to HyVee and fills his own shopping cart before we judge.

Cockrell: MTSU, Northern Colorado, Southern Miss (garbage offers)

Davie: KU, North Dakota St., Ohio (garbage offers)

Gerry: ASU, Iowa, ISU, Michigan St., Minnesota (legit offers)

Chris Jones: Florida A&M, Florida International, Indiana, UMass, Middle Tennessee St., Presbyterian, South Florida, Western Kentucky, Western Michigan.

Kalu: Arkansas St., CU, Duke, Houston, Louisiana Lafayette, SMU, Texas St., Texas-San Antonio, Wake, Washington St.

Mosley: Baylor, Oklahoma, SMU, Texas St. (2 good offers)

K. Williams: BYU, California, Colorado, Iowa, Indiana, Louisiana-Monroe, Tulsa.

Ya know, if you wanted to build Riley up, this would be the exact opposite way to do it.

The players read social media, like it or not. When they see crap like this spewed from keyboard jockeys who never saw the business side of the sidelines, it is not a motivator. It is a demotivator. A demotivated team plays worse than a motivated team. The worse the results, the worse Riley looks.

You are helping to make Riley look worse.

So facts = crap I had a son that played college football and a daughter that played college volleyball, don't lecture me, it only makes you look worse. If social media demotivated the players then we are worse off than I thought. They should be motivating themselves to be the best they can be, not looking for excuses.

Umm, your subjective opinion about the talent level of college aged football players is not "fact".

Actually, what he posted IS fact. He showed a few players and which schools besides Nebraska had offered scholarships to them. This is a pretty good general indicator of talent. If Alabama, Michigan, UCLA, Texas and other big time programs are offering a player, odds are there is a darn good reason for it. Those are top programs and they want top players. If on the other hand, all you see is lower tier schools making offers, well....there is a reason for that as well.

Here are our weaknesses', Many still want to throw Banker under the bus and yet look what 408 gave him to work with. I love the kids and they are doing the best that they can,but for the most part, nobody of any substance wanted most of these kids. Its TALENT!!! Banker is working with 408's grocery's to make his meals. Wait until he makes a couple of trips to HyVee and fills his own shopping cart before we judge.

Chris Jones: Florida A&M, Florida International, Indiana, UMass, Middle Tennessee St., Presbyterian, South Florida, Western Kentucky, Western Michigan.

Kalu: Arkansas St., CU, Duke, Houston, Louisiana Lafayette, SMU, Texas St., Texas-San Antonio, Wake, Washington St.

Ya know, if you wanted to build Riley up, this would be the exact opposite way to do it.

The players read social media, like it or not. When they see crap like this spewed from keyboard jockeys who never saw the business side of the sidelines, it is not a motivator. It is a demotivator. A demotivated team plays worse than a motivated team. The worse the results, the worse Riley looks.

So facts = crap I had a son that played college football and a daughter that played college volleyball, don't lecture me, it only makes you look worse. If social media demotivated the players then we are worse off than I thought. They should be motivating themselves to be the best they can be, not looking for excuses.

Umm, your subjective opinion about the talent level of college aged football players is not "fact".

Actually, what he posted IS fact. He showed a few players and which schools besides Nebraska had offered scholarships to them. This is a pretty good general indicator of talent. If Alabama, Michigan, UCLA, Texas and other big time programs are offering a player, odds are there is a darn good reason for it. Those are top programs and they want top players. If on the other hand, all you see is lower tier schools making offers, well....there is a reason for that as well.

The only fact was the part about the offers. When he tries to apply that to the actual proven talent level of the players, that's opinion, and it's wrong.

Davie (Sr) Started all 13 games last year
Cockrell (Sr) Played in all 13 games, started 6
Gerry (Jr) Started all 13 games
Kalu (So) Played in all 13 games, started 2
This group was #4 IN THE NATION in passing defense last season.
Usually players improve over time. So either they lost their talent all of a sudden or some other variable must have changed between last season and this season . . .

The only fact was the part about the offers. When he tries to apply that to the actual proven talent level of the players, that's opinion, and it's wrong.

Usually players improve over time. So either they lost their talent all of a sudden or some other variable must have changed between last season and this season . . .

no one had to try to pass against us last year

The group that was part of some of the worst defenses in the history of Nebraska football....

no one had to try to pass against us last year

true, they ran it down our throat.

The worst defensive games in Nebraska history. Some of these players were part of 5 of the worst defensive games ever played for Nebraska. 408 coached 7 of the top 9... really embarrassing.

2012 Wisconsin - 10.67 yards/play (640 yards/60 plays)
2014 Wisconsin - 9.50 yards/play (627 yards/66 plays)

1996 Texas - 8.82 yards/play (503/57)
2008 Texas Tech - 8.77 (421/48)
2001 Colorado - 8.56 (582/68)
2013 Georgia - 8.30 (589/71)
2013 Wyoming - 8.25 (602/73)
2012 Ohio St - 8.03 (498/62)
2008 Missouri - 7.97 (462/58)

• Fire 2

The worst defensive games in Nebraska history. Some of these players were part of 5 of the worst defensive games ever played for Nebraska. 408 coached 7 of the top 9... really embarrassing.

Good lord that's shocking.

I was still calling him a defensive guru at the end of 2013.

Banker has a team he did not recruit and below average players for a blueblood program and he is nowhere near the numbers above. That tells me he is doing more with less. Can it look better, yes... will it by the end of the season, without a doubt...

If you look at those numbers, Cosgrove was way better at coaching defense than 408... So the title of the thread should be

Banker > Cosgrove > 408

• Fire 4

One thing to look at is how porous our run D was. Teams didn't need to pass. Much like now, they don't have to run.

Bo did field some very good pass defenses, but looking deeper at those at the next level.. Not that NFL success denotes a successful college career, but in 4 years in the B1G, Bo has put 4 DB's in the NFL.....

SJB (Practice Squad) and a converted receiver

Josh Mitchell (IR)

Mo Seisay

Damion Stafford

Of those above, 2 were safeties and 2 were CB's. Seems that in Bankers D, great CB is a premium. Looking at Bo's D against the pass happy Big 12, you had some stud DB's that played at the next level. Looking at the success or draft of those to the NFL it would appear that although "good" in Bo's scheme, the abilities did not translate to performance at the next level.

If our pass defense and talent was that great, I would think we would have had more success at the next level and more "blue chip" DB's running to get here.

Maybe our previous success was based upon scheme and less passing against us. Maybe our current talent now is more reflective of the actual abilities of the guys on the roster.

IOW . . .

"Hey Husker players! Roll over and give up. You suck!"

I was definitely bugged that these problems continued against "lowly" Southern Miss, but it turns out Nick Mullens is the #5 passer* in the NCAA and So. Miss is #16 in total offense*. And when So. Miss went up against Dak Prescott and ranked Miss. State, he still got 311 yards.

But RADAR, seriously, if you want to keep calling Bo Pelini "408" you'd have to be good calling Mike Riley "447"

Actually both are pretty stupid.

* Fun facts: Tommy Armstrong is #6 in passing yards, and Nebraska is #15 in total offense.

• Fire 1

Umm.....we hired an entirely new defensive coaching staff that is in their first year of implementing a new defensive scheme........?

picgifs-laughing-5933511.gif

• Fire 1