TA taking flight

When someone tries to hand you their "fire mixtape"

m4KRH.gif

That is superhuman. I wonder what his vertical jump is?

But to answer the OP, I was amazed in real time but when I first saw the replay I was terrified and relieved at the same time, in the same way you are right after you realize you just narrowly avoided an auto accident.

That could have made for a very awkward landing with contact. But he clears the guy untouched (except for maybe a little brush with the helmet on his right hammie.) Wow.

m4KRH.gif

But to answer the OP, I was amazed in real time but when I first saw the replay I was terrified and relieved at the same time, in the same way you are right after you realize you just narrowly avoided an auto accident.

That could have made for a very awkward landing with contact. But he clears the guy untouched (except for maybe a little brush with the helmet on his right hammie.) Wow.

Yeah, wow. He's a hell of a hurdler. I wish he wouldn't do it. He got two extra yards here? Even if it had been more -- how close is the helmet of a flying 200-lb defender to landing a blow on his knee? Take care of yo'self, TA.

Correct me if not correct but I do believe there is a rule against jumping and or hurdling over would be tacklers ? I recall some rule on this.

i saw that last friday night at a class c-1 football game. the ashland RB hurdled a guy who was diving at his knees and the flag came out for hurdling the tackler. i asked 1 of the refs after the game about that. hurdling is legal in high school football if the defender is down on the ground...but not if he is not on the ground yet. he also said that is the same rule in college and pros. i am not sure if he was right or not about it being against the rules in college after seeing Tommy leaping players like that.

Correct me if not correct but I do believe there is a rule against jumping and or hurdling over would be tacklers ? I recall some rule on this.

i saw that last friday night at a class c-1 football game. the ashland RB hurdled a guy who was diving at his knees and the flag came out for hurdling the tackler. i asked 1 of the refs after the game about that. hurdling is legal in high school football if the defender is down on the ground...but not if he is not on the ground yet. he also said that is the same rule in college and pros. i am not sure if he was right or not about it being against the rules in college after seeing Tommy leaping players like that.

I have seen it happen in several college highlight's, Not sure all the refs would miss the call.

That is a rule but the caveat is "still on his feet"

SECTION 15. Hurdling

ARTICLE 1.
a. Hurdling is an attempt by a player to jump with one or both feet or knees foremost over an opponent who is still on his feet (Rule 9-1-13).
b. “On his feet’’ means that no part of the opponent’s body other than one or both feet is in contact with the ground.

Link

So when they dive to try to tackle you, they are no longer considered to be "on their feet." Which I've always thought made this a pretty odd rule. Apparently you need Vince Carter to actually break this rule.

vince-carter-amazing-dunk-o.gif

m4KRH.gif

If Tommy had been five or six feet further inbounds when he launched it would've gone for a score. It would have been the #1 play on espn's top ten plays. That gif would have gone viral. And people would have been starting Heisman talk about him. :lol:

• Fire 1