Where's Wilbon? Here's where...

knapplc

Nebraska has the facilities, tradition and cash to attract a top coach. The AD wanted anti-Bo. I want to win. Look at the turn around at Michigan. I hope we don't get another 7 years of purgatory.

This is going to seem like a snarky question, but I assure that's not my intent. I'm legitimately curious: do you think openly complaining on a public forum about a coach 4 games into his tenure going to make us win sooner, or later?

Nebraska has the facilities, tradition and cash to attract a top coach. The AD wanted anti-Bo. I want to win. Look at the turn around at Michigan. I hope we don't get another 7 years of purgatory.

List the top coaches. I would be really interested to see what dream you are living in.

Jim Harbaugh was probably the only stone cold NCAA hiring coup last year. But he wasn't available to the University of Nebraska.

Seems incredible the San Francisco 49ers let him go, but the more you know, the more you'll bet Harbaugh won't last 7 years at Michigan.

There's not really a corollary between being nice, or being a dick, and winning football games. Too many other factors. But in Nebraska, where you immediately become the face of the state and its highest paid employee, likability isn't necessarily a small thing.

• Fire 1

Back to that Wilbon kid, he's related to Michael Wilbon - right? :sarcasm

I feel like the last page of this topic only highlights how the rest of the year is going to be on Huskerboard, circular arguments with two sides pointing fingers at one another. Getting old, pretty quick.

Isn't that how every year goes on every fan board? :D

List the top coaches. I would be really interested to see what dream you are living in.

There were many names thrown around on this board last year, but I don't recall anyone suggesting MR. I don't see why people are so down on Nebraska as a coaching job. What is so bad about Nebraska? The weather stinks, but it is no worse than any other BIG school or school in the northeast. We have great facilities, and Nebraska can afford to make our coach one of the best compensated in the country.

There were many names thrown around on this board last year, but I don't recall anyone suggesting MR. I don't see why people are so down on Nebraska as a coaching job. What is so bad about Nebraska? The weather stinks, but it is no worse than any other BIG school or school in the northeast. We have great facilities, and Nebraska can afford to make our coach one of the best compensated in the country.

Probably because they (correctly) saw that fans would be calling for their heads after a 2-2 start in their first year. :)

But also the lack of a natural, built-in pool of top recruits.

That's most likely exactly what we're going to get. Sigh.......

So I wonder if Wilbon's supposed lack of pass protecting skills will be bad enough to keep him on the bench entirely for a 3rd straight week.

I can't believe I just typed that...

• Fire 1

I am wondering if he is slightly injured. I do not understand zero snaps.

The signs point to a young player whose practice habits and/or personality are setting a bad example.

i.e. a true freshman acting a little too big for his britches.

The benching would be both punishment and motivation. Hardly uncommon. Mike Riley isn't necessarily "nice" if the situation doesn't call for it.

Here's hoping they figure it out, because no one is denying Wilbon's talent.

But the lack of an Imani Cross thread for the first time in years, and no one outside of Texas curious about Adam Taylor's invisibility, means Wilbon is the Man.

Yet another thread where people mythologize the unplayed backup, imagining he's some great talent who, for mysterious and probably clandestine reasons, isn't seeing the field. In this mythology, this player is a key piece to this season's puzzle but the coaches, for reasons which are unknown but most likely nefarious, won't play him. If they do, there's no doubt he'd outperform the starter.

• Fire 3

The signs point to a young player whose practice habits and/or personality are setting a bad example.

The benching would be both punishment and motivation. Hardly uncommon. Mike Riley isn't necessarily "nice" if the situation doesn't call for it.

But the lack of an Imani Cross thread for the first time in years, and no one outside of Texas curious about Adam Taylor's invisibility, means Wilbon is the Man.

Bad practice habits would make sense. Too bad if that's the case. That is an attribute that hurt him in areas outside of football.

Bad practice habits would make sense. Too bad if that's the case. That is an attribute that hurt him in areas outside of football.

Has anyone used this yet? If not... I'm gonna do it... Ahh, screw it!

Iverson-practice.png

• Fire 2

I'm very much against blindly speculating, but I always took that original quote -- "What's happening 'Inside Husker walls'" -- to mean it was an off-the-field issue. Or at least in-the-locker-room issues.