We Are Winning The West This Year

I hope we beat them. If we dont I will take endless sh#t from my Iowa fan friends...

So here is hoping you are right. If we lose, they will run up the #@$@#$ score like Whisky and try to embarasse us.

North Texas
Mean Green
(0-3)
16 - 62
Final
Iowa

Northwestern, surprise of the west up to this point. Always a tough game for us.

Don't forget they are currently beating Ball St 7-3 with a couple minutes left in the 2nd Q. But no! Of course! Only Nebraska has problems with teams they should beat!

Nebraska isn't a very good team, but neither is anyone in the West. Someone has to win it, and Nebraska has the players to do it. Especially once we get DPE, VV, and Bando back. Every other team gets to make excuses based on their injuries (Wiscy, Minnie) and so do we. DPE instantly makes our team 3-6 points better. So does having the core of our defense ready. So does not having half the team have the flu.

Every team in the Big Ten is better than Southern Miss.

I don't want to overreact too much to one game, especially a win, because maybe we just had a(nother) bad game. But if we play every game left on our schedule like we did today we'll lose a lot more games. Every Big Ten team can hit wide-open recievers with no pass-rush.

Mitch Sherman was correct: Our pass defense looks to be in disarray.

Hopefully, much of that is due to new, young LBs, and will change as they get more experience or we get the experienced guys back. We seemed to button up a little better against Miami after their first two scoring drives.

I already said we would win the west before the season started and my opinion hasn't changed. It was 22-0 at half we allowed 100 some yards. It was 29-7 after 3. 4th quarter was sloppy just like it was against Miami except it was the other way around. We came out better this week and dominated the first half. Nebraska has yet to play a complete game. But there are so many negative people here. I admit I was one of them but that was only after 4 years of Bo Pelini. I would like everyone to understand, Pelini put us here, he failed at recruiting, he recruited random people for no reason, didn't have a plan or a reason why he recruited people. I mean we have had to move a safety to linebacker just to have depth. Everyone thinks Pelini was so awesome at stopping the pass, when he really wasn't... ya ya Nebraska had the 4th best pass defense bla bla bla. Look at what he did against Wyoming, UCLA, Minnesota?

It's a shame everyone wants Banker fired after 4 games. I don't know why everyone thinks this season will be tough and tough to win 6 games. Thats BS and once upon a time we all loved Nebraska, why can't we go back to that? Every game we should expect to win. I think we will beat Michigan State, why because I'm a Nebraska fan. All we have to do is put together a complete game. Everything happens for a reason, all these mistakes we are making are good, we can learn from them and get better. We will be 6-2 when we play Michigan State. Just so everyone knows. GET EXCITED, STOP HATING. Root for Nebraska and just give our coaches some time, I mean JEEZUS its been 4 games. College Football is about highs and lows. Hey look Tom Brady threw for 460 yards against the BILLS, better fire Rex Ryan. Hey Arizona is getting killed by UCLA better fire their whole staff. Hey OHIO STATE almost lost last week better fire Urban Meyer. Reason BYU looked so bad against Michigan was because it was a letdown game. They happen all the time.

Not sure why I'm posting but mainly hoping for Adult conversations. I like shooting the crap with other husker fans. I admit, we don't look amazing right now but in my head I see the bright crystal ball. DPE coming back, changes everything, almost forget how amazing he is. Coaches are learning what our players can do. Next year we will have the davis twins, alex davis, 3 stud linebackers running wild. Mohamad Barry, Talan. Then we keep recruiting good guys. I like what I see from our recruiting. Simmons is going to be a beast. Remember his name write it down, take a picture. Also Dat Kid Stan, told ya he would be a beast.

I want to leave everyone with this......... What's the point of being negative, when you have the choice of being positive?I get it, we all have opinions but some people are saying we are lucky to win today? some husker fans want us to lose or hope we suck this year and keep posting on how awesome bo pelini is doing at youngstown. go follow him please.

Okay, we might. We're better in some areas, worse in others compared to last year.

We went 5-3 the year before. 5-3 the year before that. The schedule hasn't really gotten easier; it's not the toughest but it hasn't been that either.

I'm going to say 5-3 again is the safe bet. And if you look at what the other teams in the West play, to win it, Nebraska is going to need to go at least 7-1. Or be at the mercy of some tiebreakers that quite possibly are not going to fall our way.

It's definitely possible. Would love to see it happen. Margin of error is slim to none, and this team, right now, does not look like a "zero error" team. So, maybe pump the breaks a little on this one.

I prefer this blind optimism over the "we are the worst so let's all just quit" attitude that has been all over this board today... The chances are there. The defensive backs are there....just need to get it all together. It's not out of the realm of possibility at all. Hopefully things turn around. Don't quit on them yet guys....season is still young, we only get a few Saturday games a year.

• Fire 2

Don't quit on them yet guys....season is still young, we only get a few Saturday games a year.

Amen, brother. :)

And if this does turn out to be the worst hire ever...well, it'll be plain in a few years and we can have hotseat discussions then. We don't need to scream all the way down just so we can be the first ones to have nailed it about the coaches.

I already said we would win the west before the season started and my opinion hasn't changed. It was 22-0 at half we allowed 100 some yards. It was 29-7 after 3. 4th quarter was sloppy just like it was against Miami except it was the other way around. We came out better this week and dominated the first half. Nebraska has yet to play a complete game. But there are so many negative people here. I admit I was one of them but that was only after 4 years of Bo Pelini. I would like everyone to understand, Pelini put us here, he failed at recruiting, he recruited random people for no reason, didn't have a plan or a reason why he recruited people. I mean we have had to move a safety to linebacker just to have depth. Everyone thinks Pelini was so awesome at stopping the pass, when he really wasn't... ya ya Nebraska had the 4th best pass defense bla bla bla. Look at what he did against Wyoming, UCLA, Minnesota?

It's a shame everyone wants Banker fired after 4 games. I don't know why everyone thinks this season will be tough and tough to win 6 games. Thats BS and once upon a time we all loved Nebraska, why can't we go back to that? Every game we should expect to win. I think we will beat Michigan State, why because I'm a Nebraska fan. All we have to do is put together a complete game. Everything happens for a reason, all these mistakes we are making are good, we can learn from them and get better. We will be 6-2 when we play Michigan State. Just so everyone knows. GET EXCITED, STOP HATING. Root for Nebraska and just give our coaches some time, I mean JEEZUS its been 4 games. College Football is about highs and lows. Hey look Tom Brady threw for 460 yards against the BILLS, better fire Rex Ryan. Hey Arizona is getting killed by UCLA better fire their whole staff. Hey OHIO STATE almost lost last week better fire Urban Meyer. Reason BYU looked so bad against Michigan was because it was a letdown game. They happen all the time.

Not sure why I'm posting but mainly hoping for Adult conversations. I like shooting the crap with other husker fans. I admit, we don't look amazing right now but in my head I see the bright crystal ball. DPE coming back, changes everything, almost forget how amazing he is. Coaches are learning what our players can do. Next year we will have the davis twins, alex davis, 3 stud linebackers running wild. Mohamad Barry, Talan. Then we keep recruiting good guys. I like what I see from our recruiting. Simmons is going to be a beast. Remember his name write it down, take a picture. Also Dat Kid Stan, told ya he would be a beast.

I want to leave everyone with this......... What's the point of being negative, when you have the choice of being positive?I get it, we all have opinions but some people are saying we are lucky to win today? some husker fans want us to lose or hope we suck this year and keep posting on how awesome bo pelini is doing at youngstown. go follow him please.

2 stud linebackers