Nebraska Away/Road Uniforms - What is your preference?

The Duke

Preferred Away Uniforms  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't like the all-whites. Or the all-reds either. They remind me of little boy pajamas. Also, anyone who picks all whites for a football uniform has never had to try to get them clean. As for shoes, in my happy imaginary world, offense would wear white shoes. They look fast. But defense would wear black. Makes them look solid, tougher, imo.

• Fire 1

Don't like the all-whites. Or the all-reds either. They remind me of little boy pajamas. Also, anyone who picks all whites for a football uniform has never had to try to get them clean. As for shoes, in my happy imaginary world, offense would wear white shoes. They look fast. But defense would wear black. Makes them look solid, tougher, imo.

Black shoes for the Blackshirts. Works for me! In fact this is kind of brilliant.

Get Ryan Gunderson on the line!

Prefer white top, red pants.

The all whites do look good in the afternoon sun, but white/red looks better for night games

See, I think it's the opposite. I like the white/red look in the afternoon, while the all-whites look great at night, as I think they reflect against the stadium lights better.

I disagree with both of you!

I think our uniforms just period look way better in daylight than they do under the lights. I've never been crazy about the way our uniforms look at night, but they're the best look in all cfb during the afternoon sun imo (especially the white uniforms).

Trying to find our "modern" record in all whites. Found this by Mav plus adding the last couple seasons:

1990 Citrus Bowl, all-white vs Georgia Tech. 45-21 GT 0-1

1992 Nebraska decides to wear all-white on the road. Loses to Washington 29-14 0-2

1992 vs Missouri, all-white in a 34-24 win. 434 yards passing by a 3-8 Mizzou team. 1-2

1992 Probably the best example of the all-white hex, 19-10 loss to 4-7 Iowa St. 1-3

2002 All-white road uni's...lost to Iowa State 36-14 1-4

2002 all-white, 1st loss to Oklahoma State in over 40 years. 1-5

2002 2nd biggest comeback in school history over Texas A&M. 2-5

2002 all-whites, K-State bludgeons the Huskers 49-13. 2-6

2002 Independence Bowl vs Eli Manning & Ole Miss. 27-23 loss. 2-7

2007 Nebraska goes all-white in Bill Callahan's last game 65-51 Colorado win. 2-8

These are (I think) the only games since 2007 in white???

2014 Fresno in the heat. NU wins 55-19 3-8

2014 Northwestern against their all black alternates. 38-17 Huskers 4-8

2014 Wisconsin. 408. 4-9

2014 USC in the Holiday Bowl shootout. 45-42 Trojans 4-10

2015 Miami comeback falls short. 36-33 Canes 4-11

There's a reason they're called "surrender whites." They look fine when we win I guess, but c'mon: 4-11? The whites look ok, but I'm not a fan of the two red stripes down the leg- that part doesn't "look" like Nebraska to me.

All that said, winning makes any uniform stylish.

Red pants because literally every team in college football can wear all whites if they want.

People used to recognize us by the unmistakable beating we put on our opponents. :D

Trying to find our "modern" record in all whites. Found this by Mav plus adding the last couple seasons:

1990 Citrus Bowl, all-white vs Georgia Tech. 45-21 GT 0-1

1992 Nebraska decides to wear all-white on the road. Loses to Washington 29-14 0-2

1992 vs Missouri, all-white in a 34-24 win. 434 yards passing by a 3-8 Mizzou team. 1-2

1992 Probably the best example of the all-white hex, 19-10 loss to 4-7 Iowa St. 1-3

2002 All-white road uni's...lost to Iowa State 36-14 1-4

2002 all-white, 1st loss to Oklahoma State in over 40 years. 1-5

2002 2nd biggest comeback in school history over Texas A&M. 2-5

2002 all-whites, K-State bludgeons the Huskers 49-13. 2-6

2002 Independence Bowl vs Eli Manning & Ole Miss. 27-23 loss. 2-7

2007 Nebraska goes all-white in Bill Callahan's last game 65-51 Colorado win. 2-8

These are (I think) the only games since 2007 in white???

2014 Fresno in the heat. NU wins 55-19 3-8

2014 Northwestern against their all black alternates. 38-17 Huskers 4-8

2014 Wisconsin. 408. 4-9

2014 USC in the Holiday Bowl shootout. 45-42 Trojans 4-10

2015 Miami comeback falls short. 36-33 Canes 4-11

There's a reason they're called "surrender whites." They look fine when we win I guess, but c'mon: 4-11? The whites look ok, but I'm not a fan of the two red stripes down the leg- that part doesn't "look" like Nebraska to me.

All that said, winning makes any uniform stylish.

Red pants because literally every team in college football can wear all whites if they want.

People used to recognize us by the unmistakable beating we put on our opponents. :D

Yeah. I wish we'd ditch the pants stripes.

Give me the 2001 uniforms, but change the socks and cleats to white.

Then have a black alternate uniform for one game a year with no change to the helmet or pants.

But I dream..

Nope, stick the white jerseys and red pants and don't change them...ever.

A uniform is a uniform to be worn all year, every year. Once one starts changing uniforms on a whim, then they are no longer uniforms, they are costumes... :hellloooo .

...and when the heck did we start making helmets out of plastic instead of good ol' leather, for Pete's sake? :grr

I have been saying for years we need to demand Wisconsin primarily use the red version of their helmet with the white W. Personally I think it looks way better.

I agree with you. Their red helmet looks much better with that big W than it does with the white helmet...both their home & away uniforms.

maxresdefault.jpg

8193214.jpg

• Fire 1