Nebraska Away/Road Uniforms - What is your preference?

The Duke

Preferred Away Uniforms  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chatelain OWH article on pants.

Ref: HB Nebraska Away Uniforms Poll

“[NU equipment manager Jay Terry]’s like, ‘No, I don’t think we’re gonna wear all white because of the grass and having to clean the green out of the white pants,’ ” Armstrong said.

“I’m just like, ‘Well, I’m gonna talk to Coach Riley about it. We have white jerseys. The same (cleaning) you do with the pants you do with the jerseys.’ So I talked to Coach Riley. I’m like, ‘Hey, Coach Riley, what do you think about the all-whites?’ He’s like, ‘Oh, I’m a fan of it. If you guys want to wear all white, we’ll let you wear all white.’ ”

(...)

“I think that’s one of the great things that we’ve got: wearing all white,” Armstrong said. “Those guys love it. I love it myself.”

Interesting story, eh? Discuss. :D

I'm quite a fan of the all whites myself, although I like the red as well. I'm a lot more okay with the all-whites now that our red pants are double-striped garnished monstrosities themselves. Didn't realize that the standard road uniforms weren't part of the original plan for Miami. And yes, sounds like more all-whites this weekend.

It looks like we might have hit on something here at Huskerboard because Dirk Chatelain has now weighed in on the traditional road uniforms versus the latest trend of the all-white road uniforms in his latest column in the Omaha World Herald:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/chatelain-an-ode-to-huskers-missing-pants-and-magic-moments/article_3950647a-d371-5ea2-8bb4-5489a494e478.html

It seems, at least this season so far, that this has been a player driven decision with Riley's blessing.

Here are a few snippets:

"I think that's one of the great things that we've got: wearing all white," Armstrong said. "Those guys love it. I love it myself."

"I think it's just a little swag to our team now," Armstrong says. "After wearing it for the first time a couple years ago when I was a young cat here, kinda the all-black we're wearing (against Northwestern), it's like a fashion thing for the team now. I don't think people like the red pants with the white sock, white cleats and white leggings on. It looks kinda weird, because you've got a white helmet."

^^^ :facepalm:

As of last check 72% of Huskerboard supported the traditional road uniforms that Armstrong thinks people don't like. While only 28% support the all-whites.

[Edited Oct. 2nd 9:30PM]

Also, thanks to Red Five for this research....Nebraska's current record as it stands when wearing all-white road uniforms is 4-11!

Oops, we posted this at about the same time. Duke, I moved your post into the separate thread I made for the article (although I was also thinking of looking up the uniforms thread we already had going -- I dropped that in as a link). Hope you don't mind! :)

Do whatever you need to do Zoogs. No worries on my end.

All though it might make sense to just merge these two threads with the ongoing poll related to this topic. You do whatever you think is best for the board. :thumbs

I'm a lot more okay with the all-whites now that our red pants are double-striped garnished monstrosities themselves. Didn't realize that the standard road uniforms weren't part of the original plan for Miami. And yes, sounds like more all-whites this weekend.

I don't mind the stripes. Especially after seeing the wide 1-stripe from 2002. But we should consider ourselves lucky that there aren't 3 stripes down the side, because adidas.

I think the players' opinions about what they prefer to wear is more likely to result in favorable reactions from recruits, don't you guys think?

The program is bigger than any individual player. The traditional road uniform is white jersey, red pants.

All whites are okay for a change up, but they've always looked like cheap practice uniforms to me. Just blah, like Ped St. and texa$$.

• Fire 3

I hope this doesn't devolve into another "Nebraska Way" argument. I'd rather Nebraska be relevant then forced to do things the way they have always been done. Go ahead and voice your opinions, but let's not think that we can dictate uniform style to players and coaches.

Just win, baby. Wear what you want to wear.

Aesthetically speaking, I like the all-whites for the same reasons that a few other people mentioned: clean design, etc.

But that 4-11 record is enough to make me say, "Screw aesthetics. Wear what makes you win!"

I'm not superstitious, but anything that gives you a psychological advantage or makes it statistically more likely you'll win (even if it's only 0.00001% more likely) I'm all for it. Take every advantage you can get!

Then again, if we wear these as away uniforms only, then it makes sense our record wouldn't be that great in them, since it's more likely that you'll lose an away game than a home game. So yeah, I've talked my self in circles on this post. :nanalama

Aesthetically speaking, I like the all-whites for the same reasons that a few other people mentioned: clean design, etc.

But that 4-11 record is enough to make me say, "Screw aesthetics. Wear what makes you win!"

I'm not superstitious, but anything that gives you a psychological advantage or makes it statistically more likely you'll win (even if it's only 0.00001% more likely) I'm all for it. Take every advantage you can get!

Then again, if we wear these as away uniforms only, then it makes sense our record wouldn't be that great in them, since it's more likely that you'll lose an away game than a home game. So yeah, I've talked my self in circles on this post. :nanalama

Although you did talk yourself in circles, you did make a good point, too. If the player's like what they are wearing, they will feel good. If they have a positive mindset they might (just might) have a psychological edge. Probably not a large one, but I would be more inclined to beleive in that then superstition.